Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Colour Me In Kindness

Kellin's POV

"You sure you're going to be okay on your own?"

Vic frowned at me, slightly unwilling to let go of my hand. I knew he was only looking out for me, so I stifled a groan.

"Yes, Vic. Like I've said for the past million years we've been standing here, I'll be alright. I want to go in alone; I can do it."

"I- okay." Vic finally pulled his fingers from mine, placing a sheepish kiss to my cheek. "I'm just worried, you know?"

"Yeah, I know." Sighing, I kicked absentmindedly at the tiles below me, a blush heating up my cheeks from the small gesture. "But I'll be alright. Besides, I think you should be getting home now. You're brother is going to be worried sick when he wakes up."

"I'll shoot him a quick text." He shrugged, flicking his tongue against his teeth as he averted his gaze. "He'll survive."

"Still, get home."

Vic chuckled breathily, playfully shoving my shoulder. "I get it, you little fuck. You want me gone, fine. I'll leave."

"No-"

"No, no!" He interrupted, feigning hurt. "You've made yourself quite clear, Kellin. I-"

"Shut the fuck up and kiss me, Vic." I whispered.

And he complied.

His lips crashed to mine, and I felt that familiar spark that had been missing for a while. And as he pulled away with a goofy grin, laying his forehead to mine, I smiled back. I couldn't help but think maybe the argument was a good thing. Hell, we hadn't really fought once in months and that wasn't normal.

"You better go in. Justin's waiting for you."

"Yeah," I muttered, bumping my nose against his softly. "I know. Wish me luck?"

"You won't need it."

"Think so?"

"Know so."

A toothy grin stretched out across my face as I took a small step towards the door, my hand on the handle as he began to walk away. I sucked in a deep breath, unsure why it took so much courage.

But I went through with it anyways.

"Hey, Vic?"

He turned around hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He smiled at me, one of those warm, happy smiles as he responded softly.

"I love you, too, Kell."

_

I really didn't know what I was expecting to see when I walked into that hospital room. Maybe I was expecting Justin to be extremely bruised and battered, maybe just normal old Justin, or maybe something in between.

But I really didn't expect him to be covered in tubes, a heart monitor to his right, and him looking absolutely dead. I had to hold back a sob at the sight of him, but the minute he saw me come in he broke out into a smile I couldn't return.

"Kellin! God, I thought they'd never let you in here." His voice was cracky as he put on the brightest smile he could manage for me. "I'm glad you could make it."

"O-of course, Justin." I nodded, feeling a stinging at my eyes as a silent tear rolled down my cheek. He frowned.

"No, none of that. Come here, Kellin."

I obliged, letting Justin comfort me in an embrace. It was kind of funny, really. Him comforting me, when he was the one laying sick in the hospital bed.

I tried to ignore it, though, relishing in simply Justin and the steady sound of the heart monitor beeping away, ensuring me my best friend was still in fact alive.

"Things are going to be okay, Kell."

I sighed into him. "You don't know that."

He let go of me, a disappointed expression on his face as I averted my eyes.

"Hey, Kellin, look at me." I didn't. "I promise. When have I ever lead you wrong? Now just take a seat, and let me calmly explain to you what's going on, yeah? It's not as bad as you're making it out to be."

I slumped back into the chair, anger bubbling inside of me. "It is as fucking bad. Stop acting like its-"

"Kellin," he breathed, stopping me immediately. I began to feel bad, realizing I was only making this harder for him. Nodding for him to continue, my gaze remained on the ground. "They said the stroke was a sign it was bigger than they originally thought, but they assured me it was only by a bit. They just are deciding whether or not I have to have the surgery. I'm still going to be okay, Kellin. I'm in good hands."

"But-"

"No buts. Listen, the worst news I've received today is that I probably won't be able to attend the Valentines Dance because of the recovery time needed, and that the Pizza Hut down the street doesn't deliver to hospitals."

I let out a small laugh at that. Same old Justin.

"Is pizza and the Valentines Dance all you care about still, Jay?"

"Nah." His smirk faltered slightly as he stared at me, making me slightly uncomfortable. "I care about you, too. And I need you to know I'll be okay. I need you to stop worrying about me. It's your senior year. I don't want you to waste it worrying about your faggot of a best friend."

Sighing, I met his eyes again, taking his hand in my own. "Okay. But I'm still going to be here with you, every step of the way"

Justin smile, squeezing my hand in a reassuring manner. "I can live with that."

-

Vic's POV

When I pulled up into my driveway, to say I was confused was an understatement. Alex and Mike were rushing around outside, picking up stray beer bottles and trash while Jaime watched amused, ever so often getting yelled at by Mike.

I watched Mike's face pale as he heard me come in, but once he looked to see who it was, he just looked relieved, running towards the car.

"Vic! Fuck, where've you been? Jaime just told me our parents will be here in like, a half-hour and the house is a fucking wreck."

"Mom and Dad are coming home?" I asked, excitement filling my features. He only nodded, a smile matching mine before it turned serious.

"Yeah, well, we aren't going to enjoy their visit if you don't get out of that damn car and help us. And fuck, you too, Jaime."

Jaime only laughed, sending me a wink before walking to the door. "Fine, I'll go clean up the kitchen. Vic, care to join me?"

I nodded. Even though we were screwed if this wasn't finished in time, and I was still worried over Kellin, my best friend was here and my parents were coming home, and I hadn't been happier in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a sort of filler chapter. Again, sorry.
I meant to post this yesterday but, exams

Anyways, hope you enjoy the break from the drama. A better update to come later ~