Status: On Going!

One More Night

I Stopped Using My Head, Let It All Go

It had been weeks since I had spoken to Jeff, and I was quite alright with that. Claude and I were officially a couple now and I was happier than ever before. Part of me missed Jeff, but I couldn't go back to him after the way things ended between us. When he told me that he never loved me, part of me believed it. It could very well be true, Jeff is very charming and he is great at lying.

I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone began to ring. "Hello" I answered.

"Hey baby, we just got back to the airport. Could you come pick me up?" Claude asked me.

"Yeah I will leave right now!" I told him before hanging up the phone. I got into my car and drove to the airport. About twenty minutes later, I pulled in the back and walked inside.

"Roxy! Over here!" I heard Claude call me. I turned around to be greeted by my favorite ginger.

"Hey baby." I said before placing my lips on his. He pulled away from the kiss and put his arm around me. I cuddled into him. You never really realize how much you miss someone, until they aren't around. "How was the trip?" I asked him as he picked up his bags.

"Oh... it was good. Aside from him." He gestured to Jeff. Jeff was shooting daggers at both of us. I nodded my head timidly, still fairly uncomfortable with the subject of him.

"Let's go. We could go out for dinner or we stay in." I wiggled my eye brows.

"Yeah?" He slyly asked.

"Yeah! Lets go." I grabbed his hand and we began walking. We were about to leave when I heard someone shouting my name.

"Roxy, wait up." Jeff yelled as I turned around.

"What?" I spat at him.

"Oh come on now, don't be so mean." He jokingly tried to smack my arm but I jerked it away. "Alright, I was wondering if I could talk to you, over dinner." I paused to think about it before looking at Claude, who looked like he was going to commit murder.

"Only if Claude comes." I simply replied before wrapping my arm back around him. Jeff looked at me with wide eyes for a moment.

"Fine, Claude is welcome to come to dinner." He replied, his voice laced with venom.

"Okay, lets take my car then." We all left the airport and got into my Jeep. After an extremely uncomfortable car ride, we pulled up to a steak house and made our way inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we were seated I ordered a beer, knowing I would need it. "So, I wanted to get this straight." Jeff began. "I was so drunk when I came to your apartment, and I was so hurt just seeing you with him. I still am hurt about it. But I never meant those things."

"I don't know Jeff..." I looked into his eyes. Big mistake, I could see the pain in them. For a moment I believed him.

"Roxy, come on. He is just trying to make himself the good guy." Claude stated, like he knew everything.

"I am not. I love you so much it hurts Roxy. Please, just give me another chance. We still have that deal." He pleaded with me. I felt the tears well up in my eyes, I couldn't do this. Not here.

"I need... I just... Give me a minute." I stuttered before rushing to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face before looking in the mirror. I was not worthy of either of these men. I took a few minuted before making my way back to the table.

"Are you okay?" Claude whispered. I nodded my head and took my seat.

"I believe you Jeff, I really do. Don't get too excited because I am with Claude now, plain and simple, the answer is no."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night as Claude slept beside me, in the same place Jeff had slept many times before I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking that I should give Jeff another chance. All I ever wanted was to be with him, and now he finally wants to be with me and I say no. But then there's Claude. He is the sweetest man I know, but he honestly doesn't understand a lot of thing about me. Like how I have to miss games because I teach dance, that I hate my curly hair because it remind me of my father who left when I was a kid, that I watch comedies to laugh because I don't have a lot to laugh about, and that I love to be cuddled, because I have never been shown that kind of affection before. Jeff knows all of those things, and he gets it. But when ever I mention something about my dad to Claude, he quickly changes the subject. Jeff would always sit and listen.

My dad was a business man, as far as I remember. I was ten when he left, but I was very happy that he was gone. He used to hit my mom, all the time. Then when I turned eight, he started hitting my too. He has wildly curly hair, which is why I straighten my curly hair every day, so I look nothing like him. Claude never lets me talk about things like that. Jeff always did and I miss talking to him. So I made up my mind, I was going to break up with Claude because I love Jeff Carter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday Jeff!! And happy new years to everyone! Make this year a good one!

Comment!