Status: On Going!

One More Night

You and I get so Damn dysfunctional

I sat at the table in the coffee shop waiting anxiously. I was meeting Claude here, so I could explain everything to him. It did take him about two weeks to actually consider speaking to me again. Jeff said that the locker room had been a very hostile place lately. I really didn't like that my personal relationships were messing with the locker room dynamics like that. It was the last day of April and the Flyers had their first game against Boston tonight. Playoffs had been stressful this year, and there was talk of trades among the halls of the Wells Fargo Center. If Jeff got traded, I don't know what would happen to us. Hell, I didn't even know what we were.

I looked up from my tea and I saw Claude walk in. He spotted me and waved. I waved back and watched him walk to the counter and order his coffee. Once he had it, he made his way over to the table. He sat down and we stared at each other for a while. I never thought it would be this awkward.

"So, how have you been?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Good, but busy. The dance season will be over soon, our recital starts on Friday." I said, quickly rushing through my sentences because I was very uncomfortable. " So, I want to explain myself."

"No, don't even bother." He said coldly.

"Claude, please I never wanted to hurt you. I mean, I umm, I really care about you, ya know." I said stumbling over my words because I wasn't exactly sure what to say.

"Fine, explain."

"He told me he loved me, and I really don't know how I feel about that. We aren't even dating right now. It all happened so quickly, but we aren't as stable as I would like us to be. " I said stopping for air. I took a deep breathe and hesitated with what I wanted to say next, knowing that it could ruin everything. " I never chose him, and if it's alright and if you will still have me, I would like to go on our date" I said. I felt his hand over mine right at that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the stand of the Wells Fargo Center knowing that we were going to lose this game. We were down three in the third period. I was sporting my Carter jersey, because Jeff asked me to wear it, even though I secretly had a Giroux jersey in my closet. All of a sudden the goal horn went off and Mike scored! The whole arena roared in celebration. Claude assisted in the goal, it was was his second assist of the night. He looked up at me and pointed to me, signaling that the goal was for me, even though he hadn't scored it.

The third period ended and we lost 7-3. I made my way down to the locker room knowing that none of the boys would be happy. Once I got down there, I didn't even bother to wait, I just walked in and walked over to Jeff. I stopped at his stall and he pulled me into his lap.

"Babe, I am so sorry." I said while wrapping my arms around him.

"I am such a shitty player. I am going to get fucking traded." He said to me.

"Don't say that, you don't know that." I said thinking I was helping the situation. His expression darkened immediately.

"Yes I fucking do! I am such a fuck up! Even you think it." He spat at me. I stood up off of his lap because I didn't want to put up with his bullshit.

"I think you are amazing and you know it."

"Shut the fuck up Roxanne!! YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME!!!" He shouted through the locker room. Everyone in the locker room quieted. I felt the tears burn in my eyes as I started to walk away. "Rox, wait. I'm sorry." Jeff called after me.

"Fuck off Jeff. Leave me the fuck alone!" I said and with that I stormed out of the locker room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waited for Claude because I really didn't want to go home and be all alone. After about twenty minutes he came out of the locker room in his plaid suit.

"Hey baby." He said before wrapping his arms around me. "I am so sorry he treated you like that." He said leaning back from the embrace to look at my tear stained cheeks.

"Let's not talk about it. Tonight I just want to be with you." I said before pulling him in for a tighter hug.

"You know, I played extra hard for you today."

"Did you now?" I said while leaning back and raising my eyebrow.

"I always want to impress the pretty girls, but I want to impress you even more, because you are so much more than just pretty." He said while looking into my eyes and running his thumb over my cheek. He slowly leaned down and I closed my eyes as our lips touched. It was a soft, gentle kiss.

When we broke apart from the kiss I grabbed his hand. "Let's go back to my place okay?" I suggested as we made our way out of the arena. Little did I know that Jeff was standing there through our whole embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got back to my apartment, I crashed my lips onto his and started tugging on his tie. The kiss deepened and i unbuttoned his dress shirt and pulled it off. His hands slid under my jersey and I allowed him to pull it off.

"Fuck you are so sexy." He said as he undid my black lace bra. We started backing up to my bedroom, not even noticing Brooke on the couch. My hands found his belt buckle and I undid it. He threw me on the bed and pulled off his pants along with mine before crawling on top of me.

"Prove to me that all guys aren't bad." I said with a breathy voice.

"Gladly." He said before leaning down for another heated kiss.

Three exhausting hours later, I was sitting on the kitchen counter wearing my bra, panties and Claude's dress shirt. He was standing beside me wearing his boxers as we shared a bowl of ice cream. I heard a knock on my door and both of us made our way to it.

I opened the door to see a very drunk Jeff standing in the hallway.

"Heyyyyy Roxy! I see you are back to your whoring ways."

" I see you are back to your drinking." Claude spat back.

"Really, this guy Roxy?" He said before belching.

"Yeah, go home Jeff." I said trying to shut the door.

"I never fucking loved you!" He yelled before he threw his partially full flask at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plot twist! What do you think?

Who's team are you on now?

Drop me a comment and let me know!