Home Is Where the Heart Is

Come Over

After getting my friends into a cab and on their way home, Will led me down the street to his car holding my hand flirting all the way. He would randomly kiss my neck or hand, or squeeze my butt flirtatiously as we walked. I want him so bad, I’ve always wanted him, since school. He had been my first in too many ways to count and all before I dropped the extra weight. Now at almost half of what I had been before, he’s in for a treat and frankly so am I.

“Here we are” he said opening the passenger door for me to climb in. I took a hold of his shirt, the top snaps coming undone, and pulled him towards me, his mouth instantly attaching to mine. His tongue danced along my bottom lip sending a burning down into my stomach only stopping between my legs. Damn, I forgot how good of a kisser he was. He pulled back with a smile and tapped my butt as I climbed into his cherry red Mustang.

“I can’t believe you still have this car” I said once he got in and started it.

“Seatbelt” He leaned across the car grabbing my seatbelt his hand grazing my chest as he buckled me in. “That’s better, wouldn’t want you to escape.”

“I’m not going anywhere” I whispered, “Unless its to bed, with you” I placed my hand on his cheek, he smiled before planting a kiss firmly on my lips, his hand caressing high on my thigh.

“We should get going then. You haven’t moved since I was here last?”

“Nope same place” I said catching my breath. I slid off my shoes as he pulled out of the parking lot and started towards my apartment. I smiled turning my body towards him in the seat, tucking my feet up beneath my butt on the seat, mischievous thoughts running wild in my mind.

“Stop biting your lip” he said glancing over at me, “It’s distracting.”

“Oh?”

“Makes me want to bite that lip.”

“Oh please do” I said running my hand up his shoulder into his hair, massaging his scalp lightly. A groan escaped his lips as he pulled onto the highway. “I’ve missed you McGuire. Those strong hands . . .”

“You gotta stop, it’s distracting.”

“Fine” I smirked bringing my hand back, letting is rest on my exposed thigh. I didn’t think much about what I was doing, I just did it, mostly to keep him and myself running hot. I let my feet fall back to the car floor my dress riding up a little higher than I would have normally let it, I ran my hand along my thigh for a minute before I felt him hit the gas.

*****

I sighed contently curled into his side, his arms wrapped around me, his head resting on top of mine. He played with my hair - still damp from our shower together - as I laid my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat and the steady inhale/exhale of his breathing.

“I’ve missed you” I whispered. “You just had to move.”

“I know we had a good thing going.”

“We did” I agreed, “however unofficial it was. I’ve missed you.”

“I missed you too.”

“Well duh, Will.”

“Too bad you can’t move too” he half suggested kissing my forehead.

“Yea too bad it’s not that easy.”

“I know, but I had to suggest it. You look amazing Katie. You were always pretty, but you look amazing.”

“Thank you, but you’ve already gotten laid William you don’t have to flatter me anymore.”

“I’m not trying to flatter you anymore. I’m paying you an honest compliment.”

“I was surprised that you recognized me.”

“How could I not? You’re beautiful, and I’ve loved you since before I can remember. That’s why I asked you to marry me. . .” he said his sentence drifting away.

“You know I’m leaving at the end of the week” he said pulling me to his side as we walked through the town we both had grown up in. There wasn’t a lot of people left out, since the town seemed to roll up its streets at 9.

“Yea, I know” I said with a sigh. “I’m going to miss you. But this is your dream job, I’m so happy for you.”

“You know what would make me happier?”

“No, what would make you happier?” I asked as he pulled me onto the bench in the middle of town.

“You coming with me.”

“I, oh Billiam, I can’t, I have to finish school and get a job.”

“I know, I want you there with me as much as possible. I want you to come after graduation. That’s only a couple months away.”

“I don’t know.”

“Katie, you’ve been my best friend since we were 10. I’ve loved you forever. Marry me” he said slipping off the bench and down to one knee.


“I know” I said propping myself up on my elbow looking down at him. “You know I couldn’t have gone with you then. I couldn’t have. I needed to stay here, to finish school, and figure out who I am, or was. Will,” I placed my hand gently on his face “I’ve loved you everyday you’ve been away.”

“Then you should move, you said that you couldn’t have then, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t now. You’re done with school so that’s not an excuse anymore. . .”

“How about I come to visit first.”

“And then move” he smiled.

“Let’s see how this all goes. . .”

“Move, be my wife, have my babies.”

“Whoa there cowboy, one thing at a time.”

“I’d get you knocked up right now if I could.”

“No” I said firmly trying to fight the butterfly sensation that erupted in my stomach. Damn it. I love him, still, after all these years I’m still in love with him. “How long are you in town?”

“The week.”

“Where are you staying?”

“My parents” he said pulling me down to lay on top his chest.

“Oh Pops and Mrs. McG.”

“You’ve missed them too I take it.”

“Yea, a little. I’ve missed you more though” I admitted looking down at him.

“All the more reason to move to me.”

“I’m considering it. Don’t push it mister” I whispered settling back in to go to sleep. “Stay tonight.”

“I was planning on it.”

“Good.”

*****

“Come with me” he said holding me to him.

“I have to work. It’s not a big girl job yet but it’s still work.”

“You should find a ‘big girl’ job where I am.”

“I’d still have to look first. I can’t just move on a whim.”

“Why not?”

“Oh something about bills and them needing to be paid on time.”

“Stupid bills.”

“I’ll see when I can take time off and visit. Soon I promise.”

“Better be tomorrow” he said kissing me tenderly. “I love you. Think hard about moving, and look for a job. Think about being my wife and the mother of my children.”

“What 25 year old man wants to get married and have kids already? Done sowing your wild oats William?”

“I was done a while ago” he said resting his forehead on mine, “I have to go.”

“Drive safe, call me if you get the least bit sleepy. No matter what time it is ok? I’d rather you wake me up than drive off the side of the road.”

“I don’t know about waking you up” he said with a scared face. “You get mean and very grumpy when you’re tired.”

“Katie” I heard from my bedroom window.

“What!” I said in a harsh whisper.

“I wanted to see you.”

“You should have thought about that before waking me up!”

“Calm down geesh.”

“I’m not in the mood to deal with your shit right now.”

“How about we just cuddle then?”

“Since when do you ‘just cuddle’?” I said in a sarcastic bite. He crawled into my bed next to me.

“I couldn’t sleep, I was thinking about you.”

“Yea ok.”

“It’s the truth.”

“I think we both know in what way you were thinking about me. I’m too tired to deal with your ‘active imagination’ Billiam.”

“You called me Billiam, you’re not that mad.”

“No, I’m that tired.”


“You know if you want to marry me you’re going to have to deal with it.”

“I’ll call you. I promise.”

“Ok” I felt a tug deep inside, an urge to beg him to stay. “Oh you need to go before I don’t let you. Or worse I let you talk me into packing up right now.”

“Damn I wish I could stay.”

*****
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?