We're Done Pretending

Who Am I?

“Loki!” calls the deep, angered voice that is my brother, Thor.

It’s what they deserve. They thought they’d actually caught me. It was a feeble attempt at best.

These idiots don’t seem to comprehend the simple fact that I’m a sorcerer, a liar, and a downright king. I’m at least one hundred times smarter than all of them. But no, all of these dolts are better because they’re “heroes”.

Heh, heroes… They’re just as selfish as the rest of humanity, just as evil. There is nothing heroic about them. Especially when they treat people like they’ve treated me.

Even if it does pain me to do this to Thor, it’s the only way. The only way I’ll ever be something more than what I was. The only way I’ve become worth something.

I take a deep breath, my mind bouncing from opinion to opinion as I summon a portal, just trying to get out of this God awful facility.

You should just kill them all.

Go back to Asgard.

Just give up.

Kill.

“No, no. No!” I growl to myself, feeling the portal open up beneath me and swallowing me whole.

The feeling of travelling through a portal is very prickly, almost ticklish.

When I’m on solid ground again, I don’t know where I am. I should have figured this out sooner.

A car horn honks, but I don’t have enough time, and a truck slams into me, sending me flying over towards railing, my head cracking over it.

I feel blood run down my neck and on my face as the piercing screams of the mortals follow me into unconsciousness. My world becomes a deep black. The thoughts that I had been let with echo through my head, slowly fading until there’s absolutely nothing left.

*******


Sounds flood into my ears from around me, causing me to jump with confusion.

I open my eyes and see a blinding light just before things slowly come into focus.

“Sir, are you waking up?” asks a sweet, female voice.

I jump and look around. The room is unfamiliar… Nothing is familiar! I’m not even sure who I am! “Where am I?” my voice croaks. It doesn’t even sound like my voice! What does my voice even sound like?!

“You’re in the hospital, sir. You were hit by a truck. What’s the last thing you remember?” asks the female voice again.

“I-I don’t remember anything,” I mutter, glancing towards the woman. “All I can remember is bitter cold.” That’s all it is in my mind. Bitter, bitter cold.

The woman has bright blue eyes and long, black hair that’s pulled back from her face. She’s beautiful, and her face jogs something in my memory.

“Do you know your name, sir?” she asks.

I think harshly, staring at the ceiling. “I… I think it’s,” I bite my lip. There! “Loki. Loki Odinson.”

Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN! Sorry it's short. Just had to get it out there ;D