Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 1

It was raining harder than I thought, once I made my way towards my new school. I was going to be stuck here for the next 3 years of my life, and boy, am I not excited. My parents forced me to go to this place, making my life much more miserable than it already is.

I am 17 for goodness sakes, can’t going to school rest? Oh, and before I go on, let me introduce myself. My name is Glitter Roche, and don’t think it’s named that because I like glitter, I absolutely hate it, well; in some cases I hate it. I’m in the 9th grade.

Anyways, my hair is a golden brown, it flows down to my backbone, and my eyes are, well, let’s just say they are changeable in many ways, it depends on my mood. Usually, I’m quite grouchy, especially on rainy days. I have fair skin, and love to wear black, which is why today, I’m just wearing a long black skirt with skulls on it, and a black and white hoodie that says, Kill, on it.

I’m singing along to some tunes on my I-pod, and making sure I’m keeping an eye on the road as well.

~~

Well, here I am, at Buck hill’s High School, it looks like a giant prison on the outside, but on the inside, it’s much worse. I walk in to see innocent people getting rammed into lockers, girls making out with jocks, and other girls gossiping and giggling about I don’t know what.

I raise an eyebrow, and then make my way towards my locker, I didn’t have to go to the principal’s office because he had come to visit me at my house, and we had a nice chat for a whole hour. His name was Ben, and he has short black hair, he wears glasses, and is funny when he wants to be. He also has these cute blue eyes that seem to keep you frozen when you stare into them.

So, back to the school, I pass students that are yelling for no apparent reason, and make my way towards homeroom, until three dumb looking girls’ walks up to me.

One of them was popping gum, and had bleach blonde hair, and too much make up on, oh, one more thing about me, I never wear make up. She was also wearing this too-small dress to show more cleavage, which made me sick.

The other two girls that were standing beside her had jeans on, and a tight tank top covered by a small grey jacket. I raised my eyebrows, and asked, “May I help you?”

The girl that was popping gum, said, “Are you new here?”

I raised my eyebrow, and said, “Who wants to know?”

She stuck out her manicured hand, and said, “Megan Stars, and these are my candidates, Taylor and Martha. They are both twin sisters.”

Hmm, that explained the dress code I guess.

They both said in unison, “Hey, nice to meet you.”

I only nodded, and said, “I’m Glitter, nice to meet you, and yes I’m new, what’s it to ya?”

“Well, for your information, I’m the student principal of Buck Hill High School, and we welcome you with this…” I looked down to see her holding a silver whistle. I raised an eyebrow, and said, “Uh, what is it?”

“It’s a whistle,” she said like it was obvious, and her fellow candidates said, “Duh.”

“What do I need it for?” I asked, looking at the piece of metal.

“It’s a tradition, every new student receives a whistle from the student principal, which is me of course, and wears it on his/her neck until we decide whether you are good for this school, if not, then you will be sent back home for good,” she said slamming the whistle into my hand, and turning to leave.

“Wait!” I said, stopping her and the girls, “What is this all about?”

Megan raised her eyebrow, and said, “It’s nothing really, just the traditional way of the school, good-bye.” And with that, she walked off, leaving me with a tiny whistle in my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here we go again, one of my crazy ideas, tell me what you think, I've been dying to set this story up, I'll try to get chapters up whenever I have time.