Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 2

The day went smoothly, although I didn’t think the whistle was much important, so I decided not to wear it, and when students saw me, their eyebrows furrowed as they studied me up and down. It was quite disturbing.

Sometimes when I caught somebody staring at me, I glared back at them, making them look away. At lunch, I found Megan sitting with Taylor and Martha, they were all laughing and enjoying themselves, and since they were the first people I’ve met today, I decided to join them.

“Hey girls,” I said as my tray clashed against the table, making them jump and stare at me weirdly.

“Uh, Hey?” Martha said with confusion, looking at me as if I wasn’t invited to sit with them.

“Hey Glitter,” said Megan cheerfully, “Don’t mind my candidates, they are on the edge of the bed, if you know what I mean.”

I smirked, and said, “Yes, I see.”

Then Megan gasped in horror when she stared at my neck, “Where is your whistle?”

I raised my eyebrows, and said, “I decided that I won’t be wearing it anytime soon, because I mean, come on, tradition, please, like anyone would fall for that trick.”

Megan looked hurt when I said that, and then she glared at me, “Well, for your information, that was not false from what I told you this morning, if a student doesn’t follow the rules, they will pay serious consequences.”

I scoffed, and said, “Yea, like what?”

“That’s for me to know, and you to find out,” Megan said, returning the smirk.

“Um, alright, well, I guess I’ll see you girls later,” I said as I took up my tray and dumped my untouched lunch and walked out of the cafeteria.

~~
At the end of the day, I rode home with my whistle in my right pocket. I took it out to examine it, and stared at its silly carvings that swirled around the hole of the whistle. It also had carved wings on it. I shrugged, and placed the whistle back in my pocket, it’s worth nothing.

Just then, my car swerved out of control, I had a firm grip on the steering wheel, and tried to get my car to stop, but nothing worked.

My hands then flew off of the steering wheel because they felt like they were on fire. My car then rode off of the road, and rolled down a big hill, and while this was happening, my leg felt like something was burning it, and when I pulled out my whistle, it was glowing orange and red. I dropped it as soon as my fingers touched it because it was blazing hot.

I was wondering why I wasn’t screaming, because normally, that’s what I’d do. The car rolled and rolled, and I held on tight, my knuckles white. My car then stopped, and I was sitting upright. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I saw that I was fine and not broken, and then a loud shrilling sound pierced my ears, making me grasp my ears tightly, and scream saying that I wanted it to stop, but it was no use.

The shrilling continued, making my head feel very dizzy, and my eyes started to lose focus as I laid them on the whistle which I saw was glowing green and shrilling very loudly.

I then screamed at it, and said, “It’s you, you’re the cause of this,” I then screamed as I thought that my brain would split in two.

Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, what do I have to say? Scary right? Comment and subscribe