Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 13

"I don't understand it Helen, he would've been back ages ago," sighed King Stephen to his wife worriedly.

"Now Stephen, you do understand that he is the Captain of the Guards, and he'll bring our daughter back, on his word," Helen said, giving her husband an assuring smile.

"Yes I know but, what do you think she'll do if she sees us? Will she believe that we're her real parents? She'll probably be too young to realize what she is and who she is," King Stephen said, gazing out of his window with alert.

Helen, his wife, the queen shook her head and sighed in dismay as she watched her husband pace impatiently. She couldn't believe that what he was saying is true, she might not know, but at least they will have their daughter back.

Somewhere in outer space...

"George, how long will this ride take?" asked Glitch as she gazed out of the window of the small spaceship they were riding in.

George, being the driver, stared at Glitch and said with a smile, "It's not a long ride, we're just waiting for the Star portal to open up, then we'll be there."

"Yea, well when will this..." Glitch started to ask, but then was stopped when the engine was soon coming closer to a sucking hole that glowed light a light bulb.

"Hold on tight!" George yelled, as he pushed the steering wheel forward and rushed right into the portal, allowing the portal to transport them to their destination.

~~

They landed safely on the ground in a big open field. Glitch stared at George with relief that she was happy to be on the ground again.

"Ready to go meet their majesties?" George asked, offering his hand to Glitch once they stepped out of the spaceship.

Suddenly, Glitch got a nervous feeling in her stomach, she couldn't believe that she was actually meeting her real parents. Parents that she hasn't known, loved, or even seen before. George noticed how nervous Glitch was, so he kissed her to reassure her that everything would be alright.

Once they appeared at the front door of the castle, Glitch took in her surroundings. Everything was bright and cheerful, and beautiful. She couldn't believe she was seeing this, it was all so overwhelming.

The castle itself looked like a huge sand castle, only with beautiful gems covering the surface, and little flags that had a crown on them were waving away at the tipsy tops of the towers.

"Ready to go inside?" George asked, giving Glitch a smile, who only nodded.

He then took her hand, and they both walked up the winding staircase that led to the powerful doors. The trumpet sounded right when they walked in, and a person with a funny hat announced their presence.

And there at the bottom of the staircase stood her parents, the king and queen, smiles plastered to their faces.

At first awkward silence filled the air, and nobody knew what to say...until the queen spoke up since her husband was speechless.

"Welcome home our daughter."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Nice ending right? I might have a sequel coming up.

What should the Sequel's Title be?