Status: In progress

Thin Ice

4. Apologies

“Hey,” I said. A lump formed in my throat when I realized she might have just gotten out of bed with someone else.

“What are you doing here?” She asked shocked, crossing her arms defensively.

“I-uh. I just wanted to apologize.” Inside I already felt shut down, but I knew I’d regret it for the rest of my life if I just let her go.

“No need-”

“No, I do need to apologize. I got you these.” I said handing her the yellow roses.

“Sidney, I don’t want-”

“I just wanted to let you know I’m sorry for yelling at you. I just really like you and I was an idiot. Please forgive me” I said. My stomach was turning. I was so nervous that my palms were sweaty and I thought I was going to drop the chocolates and card I got her.

“You can’t buy me, Sidney. I make my own money. God why does every guy think that’s the way to get a girl? Wesley and this ridiculous Tiffany’s engagement ring guilting me every day. Maybe it’s the way to get the wrong kind of girl. A prostitute, a whore maybe, but not me.” She held up her hand and the ring was back on it. I thought I was going to throw up. How could she wear it with such ease?

“Well I-I t-tried to find good ways to say I’m sorry online and e-everything said an honest apology p-paired with a nice gift would do the t-trick. I’m r-really sorry, please forgive me” I stammered over my words before pulling out the necklace. She looked at it and was silent for a while.

“Sidney, it’s beautiful.” she sighed looking at it in my hands. I gently turned her around and she held her hair up in her small hand. I clasped it and she faced me. I watched the tear drop shaped jewel rest on her collarbone.

“No you are” I whispered in her ear. I looked down at her face and wrapped my arms around her waist. I pulled her to me and kissed her softly. She put a warm hand on my chest and then rested it on my neck. Then she pulled away abruptly.

“Come inside?” she asked looking around. I followed her silently.

“Is Noemi home?” I asked sitting on the couch.

“No, she just left for the studio. I told her I’d meet her there in an hour.” She explained. I nearly made a dirty comment about how we’d still have enough time to do some, well dirty things but I had to remind myself I wasn’t Jordan.

“You look great by the way” She said sitting on my lap and feeling my arm. I giggled like a little girl.

“Thanks, I figured I’d look nice for you.” I said running my fingers through my hair.

“Aww, you’re so sweet” she said straddling me. I started to kiss her neck and ran my hands down her sides to her thighs then back up. I was hard to keep my composure since she wasn’t wearing very much. She slid off my jacket then loosened and took off my tie.

Dead puppies. Dead kittens. Zebras getting mauled by Lions. Sharks attacking baby sea lions. Polar bears eating seals.

I tried to think of anything that would keep her from feeling my rousing bulge. After a long make out session she pulled away taking a deep breath.

“So would you like to go on a second date?” I asked with a slight case of cotton mouth.

“Hmmm... Im not sure. The first time was a little disappointing......just kidding. Of course I would” she joked. I started tickling her and she wrinkled her nose, making the cutest face. I was on top of her and she started to poke me in the sides. It didn’t hurt but tickled really.

“Oh I got you now!” she said laying on top of me and holding my wrists above my head.

I slowly removing her engagement ring without saying a word. She looked shocked but let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry for slapping you," She asked releasing my hands and touching my face lightly.

“It's okay I deserved it. Have you ever thought about playing hockey? That was a pretty hard-” I was cut off by the sound of her phone ringing. She motioned one minute, got off me and answered, now sitting on the armrest.

“At home....I know....I said I’d be there in an hour...well what time is it anyway.....I can just work overtime tomorrow....no I don’t remember what today is.........fuck!...the Caesars Palace shoot...I’m so sorry....no Sidney’s here...okay bye....” I heard her say.

“Am I making you late for something?” I mouthed. She shook her head and hung up instantly.

“Oh that was Noemi. I was supposed to be at a promo shoot for Caesar's Palace. I should have been there, but I’d rather be here with you.” she said standing in front of me.

“Why aren’t you precious?” I said picking her up by her ass and pushing her up against the wall. She wrapped her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. Her breasts were pressed firmly against me. All of a sudden I felt her jiggle just a little bit. She was laughing.

“What? Is my technique funny to you?” I smirked.

“I just don’t get how things are so easy with you. It was like I had to force myself to even hold Wesley’s hand.” she said, really opening up to me. I set her down gently and massaged her shoulders.

“Oh, maybe it’s because I have great hair, all my teeth and killer lips. But honestly, its easy to be with you too. People always used to ask me what I want in a girl, I’d always say someone understanding and can deal with the limelight. Also someone who’s independent, seeing that I’m always gone. You’re both of those things and so much more.”

“You’re really sweet and not the man whore I thought you were.” She said kissing me softly. I chuckled and offered my appreciation at the sentiment. Roxanne and I spooned on the couch watching terrible, reality tv most of the day. I question what her attraction to it was and she said she needed to get all her cattiness out some way.

"I still don't get it. You watch this stuff so you don't act like a bitch?" I asked confused.

"Pretty much. I watch it so I get my drama fix instead of causing drama in my real life." She explained. My phone buzzed in my pocket and Roxanne gave me a playful, sexy moan. I looked down and it was a text from Jordan:

So how’d it go?

Good.

Details bro!

We’re seeing each other.

You fuck yet?

No.

You see her naked yet?

No.

Then what are you SEEING O_O ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You’re an ass, Jordy.

What’s she wearing?

See you tomorrow.

“So do you want to come to the game tomorrow night?” I asked wrapping my arms back around her waist.

“Hmm....I don’t know. That number 42 is really rough on the eyes.”

“Come on, you’ll love it,” I nudged her lightly in the side.

“I guess I could go.” she smiled, laughing sarcastically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roxanne

It felt like I was falling way too quickly for him, but it just felt so easy. For a second it felt like the ‘L’ word but I knew it happened to fast for that. I just liked feeling his strong muscly arms wrap around me. His body was just so solid. He made me feel safe and secure. It was a feeling I had never felt with Wesley. It was like all was right in the world. He was just holding me and after all the shit I’ve been through with men it felt so right. I was really enjoying the time we spent together. It was a long time since I could spend a comfortable silence with someone. It was nice.

“So what do you want to do today sleepy head?” he asked ruffling my hair. I glanced at my cell phone.

"It's only been an hour." I complained. "You're the one who put on that boring movie."

“We should go swimming.” I said cheerfully, perking up.

“I don’t have any trunks with me.” He pouted over exaggerating.

“Skinny Dipping?” I asked playfully.

“Haha I don’t think so,” He laughed sitting up and putting his arm around me.

“We might have a pair of Noemi's brother’s you could wear” I smiled bending over and checking the linen closet.

“Can we just stay in? I really like the view from here,” Sidney smirked behind me.

“Oh yeah?” I teased bending over further and wiggling a little. “Here you go” I said holding up a pair of plain navy blue swim trunks after digging a little.

"Those won't fit me" he said a little embarassed.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I have fat thighs". It took all the self control not to laugh out loud.

"Okay...why don't we go to your place and swim."

"Better"

I changed into my favorite bikini. It was nautical red and white striped two-piece. I came into the living room with a few turquoise towels in hand and we headed to his house to hit the pool. We set up our camp with all the pool necessities and jumped in holding hands. The water was freezing at first, but then it felt great. I even dropped my sunglasses in the pool and Sidney was kind enough to dive in and get them for me. After a few hours of playing and splashing in the pool we dried off and went back inside. Soon after Sidney headed home. I showered off and sat on the couch watching tv. Noemi came in soon after still a little high from filming. She flopped down next to me and demanded I spilled the details of the day to her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sidney

As soon as I got home I had to tell my mom. I walked inside and laid back on the recliner. I quickly called her on the phone and waited as patiently as I could for her to answer.

“Hey sweetheart how are you?” She asked. The excitement in her voice was undeniable. You could say I’m a momma’s boy, but it seems as if we don’t talk as often since I’ve been in the NHL.

“I’m great mom. I just have some news I wanted to tell you. I have a girlfriend. She’s great.”

“Oh sweetie, I’m glad to hear that. What’s her name?” She said. I could hear her smile through the phone.

“Roxanne. She’s a famous director and actress. She even won best actress at Cannes’ last year.”

“Wow, sounds like you’ve got yourself a catch son.” She said.

“Yeah I just wanted to let you know before there’s another picture of us posted in People.” I mentioned.

“Wait there was a picture of the two of you in People?” She questioned.

“Yeah, we were um, kissing...in a club. It wasn’t that bad, we were just kind of in the moment.” I said embarrassed.

“It’s perfectly alright son. You’re an adult. I’m very happy for you and I can’t wait to meet her.”

“Thanks mom. You will soon.”

We hung up and I took a deep sigh. It was getting late and I decided to just get to bed. We would have a huge game in the morning. I quickly showered off then sent Roxanne a text before bed.

Sweet Dreams Princess

Goodnight Sexy Prince

In the morning I jumped out of bed and started getting dressed. Today was date night. Well our date was after practice.

~BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP~

My alarm clock jolted me awake. I stretched out and headed to the bathroom. I did my morning routine then put on my running shoes. It was nice and cool outside when I went for my run. I had my iPod strapped to my arm like usual and set it on my workout playlist. I get a lot of flack for being such a house fan, but I can’t help it. I turn on AVICII Levels when I really want to kick up my game. I didn’t want to exhaust myself early so I headed back in after only 20 minutes. Already tired I made my way to the kitchen for some pre-game breakfast. I made scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I texted Roxanne to pick up tickets for her and Noemi at will call.

Oh no, I think I’m shooting that game

Nope, I made sure Greg and the other guys could handle it.

You’re so sneaky.

How do you think I get in backdoor so easily.

....

That came out wrong,

lol I’ll see you tonight.

After breakfast was our morning skate. It went pretty well but it just felt so mechanical. Shoot, shoot, shoot. Pass, pass, pass. Breakaway, penalty kill, shootout. Shootout, shootout, shootout. Penalty kill, penalty kill, penalty kill. Pass, pass, pass.

I was already tired and ready for my afternoon nap, but first boys and I would visit the dream cafe for lunch.

“So you’re seeing her now?” Jordan asked patting me on the back. We walked to the parking lot of our ice rink.

“Yeah I really like her.” I said.

“She does have a great ass.” he smirked.

"Hey-" I began.

“You boys ready for tonight?” Duper hollered changing the subject. His voice carrying across the whole diner as he walked over to the table.

“As ready as we’re gonna be.” Jordan replied.

“Well tonight’s gonna be a tough one. It’s Boston, you know they play dirty.” Matt Cooke explained.

“I’m not to worried. I’ve got my good luck charm watching tonight.” I smiled widely.

“Thanks Leems now I won’t be able to eat” Marc-Andre said pushing his Alfredo away from him.

“Hey, last time she was at a game I got a hat trick so can you blame me?” I asked eating my chicken parmesan happily.

“Whatever just remember we gotta keep our heads in the game, and our heads up. Watch out for those elbows. We don’t need any more injuries, especially not concussions” James Neal said.

“Yeah those fuck you up later in life. Good thing I’m not a skater.” Marc-Andre added.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roxanne was extremely excited for her second hockey game ever. This time she was way more emotionally involved. They waited outside the arena when the doors opened at 6. It was a little chilly outside, but Roxanne came prepared for the cold inside this time. She wore black skinny jeans and cream, gold studded studed. Her white blouse with gold buttons was hidden underneath her crimson red trench coat.

“So do you know where we’re sitting?” Noemi asked shoving her hands in the pockets of her peacoat.

“Nope. He just said they’d be at will call.” Roxanne replied. She and Noemi waited a short time before reaching the ticket window. Roxanne gave her last name and the man at the window gave her a little wink before handing her the tickets. Sidney pulled some strings and not only got them free tickets, but they were sitting in a VIP box. They walked and walked and walked around the huge arena before taking the elevator to the mezzanine. When they emerged from the elevator it didn’t even look like the same place. Everything was much nicer. All the floors were marble. There were large oak pillars, it was something truly special. They were led by a cute hostess to their box.

“Wow this is really nice!” Roxanne said watching her step into the box.

“Would you ladies like anything?” She said with her long blonde hair slighly in her face.

“Not right now. Thank you though.” Noemi said.

“No problem. There’s a full menu right here for you if you change your mind.” She said before retreating. She was back quickly as if she'd forgotten to mention something.

"Oh and you know it's on the house right? Mr. Quinn said you ladies are very special and to make sure you have a good time." she smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

“Give Sidney a blowjob for me. This place is awesome.” Noemi laughed drinking her complementary water.

“Oh lord. Oh look there he is!” she smiled pointing towards the ice. The girls stood and clapped as they boys skated onto the ice.

Marc-Andre led them on their way out and they started circling the rink. Sidney looked around for where the girls were sitting and his eyes finally locked with Roxanne’s. She blew him a kiss and he caught it.

“Ugh you guys are a little too cute for my taste.” Noemi said.

“Oh whatever. When are you and Jordan going on a real date?” Roxanne asked biting her fingers as the puck was about to drop.

“Right after I friggen puke. I’m not the kind who wants to settle down. I wouldn’t mind being single for the rest of my life.” She said.

“Speak for yourself.” Roxanne retorted.

The first period wasn’t too good for the Pens. Marc-Andre gave up two goals in the within a minute of one another. The first one came on a power play and the other was a breakaway by the Boston Bruin’s David Krejci. He got a couple lucky bounces off a teammates skate and from there it was one-on-one, him versus Marc-Andre. For the girls it was hard to see the boys start the second period already down by two at home, but the crowd had faith they would bounce back. At the start of the second period Jordan robbed a Bruin defensemen of the puck then made it down the entire ice towards their goalie as his teammates raced to catch up. He made a quick cross-ice pass to Sidney and Sidney snuck it back to Jordan between the legs of Krejci. Jordan fanned the puck on his first shot, but he was patient and waited until he was right next to Lafleur the goalie and snuck it in behind his right pad. the whole crowd screamed and rose to their feet. The Bruin’s took a few penalties in the second giving the Penguins some great scoring opportunities. Malkin had a breakaway getting some good bounces off the wall and went in for the kill. He landed a nice sniper shot right over the shoulder of Thomas. The game was all tied up and there was more than 10 minutes left in the second period. From there the game seemed to slow and both teams were playing so hard against each other that neither team had any real scoring opportunities. The third period quickly began and Sidney scored only 45 seconds in. He looked up after he scored and pointed in Roxanne’s direction. The rest of the period was tough on the both teams and you could tell they were both tired. Neither team scored until the final moments when the Bruin’s pulled their goalie and went in for some six-on-five play. The Bruin’s fought to keep the puck in the zone but right after a save Marc-Andre swatted the puck to the corner. It bounced off at such an angle and headed with immense speed towards the net. Tyler Seguin fiercely skated to catch up with it. He was too late. Flower had scored the game winning goal with 2.8 seconds left in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wait, wait. So what’s the plan again?” I asked Sidney over the phone. I was pulling my boots up. I towel dried my hair while sitting on the end of the couch. I balanced my phone on my shoulder while putting some mousse in my hair and shaking it a little.

“You and Noemi take one car over to my place. Then you get in my truck and we head over to Jordan’s. She’ll get in Jordan’s car and we head over to the arena where the bus is. We’ll get on it and you girls drive back to Jordan’s apartment and drop off his car. Then you take Noemi in my car and drive back to my place. Keep my keys on you and take your car back home. I’ll get my keys when you pick me up in 4 days.” he explained.

“Wouldn’t it just be easier for you guys to just pick us up and then we take your cars back?” I said matter-of-factly.

“Yes, but then how would you get home, babe?” He asked snarkily.

“I’ll just keep your car..... forever” I laughed.

“It gets 13 miles per gallon.”

“Nevermind. See you in a few.”

When Noemi and I got to Sidney’s he already had his things in his truck. We pulled up with blasting the song Sidney hated the most.

“It’s Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!!!” Noemi and I sang in unison.

“No!!!!!” He screamed. We turned off the song and walked out to him. It was a clear day and the grass looked greener than it usually did. It was a little hard for me to believe in all these gorgeous days in a row. I lived in Syracuse the past 4 years and it never looked like this.

“Hey beautiful,” he greeted me.

“Hey, big butt” I joked.

“How was filming yesterday?” He asked opening the doors for us.

“Roxanne sucked it up!” Noemi exaggerated.

“Whatever! I just-I dropped the boom and broke it.” I spilled.

“The boom is that long pole thing right?” He asked.

“Yeah, I broke the $2000 Cardiod microphone inside it.”

“Look at you, destroying things.” Sidney said pulling up to the stoplight.

“The boom was getting heavy! I held it for like an hour!” I defended. The light changed and a car that was in the turn lane shot in front of us and cut him off. Sidney had to nearly slam on his brakes. I leaned over him and honked his horn.

“Fucker!!” I screamed pounding the horn repeatedly.

“Hey what are you doing?” He shrieked. I could feel my seatbelt yank me back.

“That little fucker just cut you off” I said.

“Jesus way to be a passenger’s seat driver” Noemi chimed in.

“Fuck off, at least I don’t drive like a granny.” I retorted folding my arms.

We soon got to Jordan’s apartment and Sidney entered the gate code. He hopped in and we were soon on our way.

“I’m gonna miss you!” I said wrapping my hands around Sidney’s neck as we stood outside the arena. The air was hot and dry and I could feel the sun penetrating my skin. He wore a white and blue striped tank top. He and the boys had a cute little motto: Sun’s out guns out. Since we live in Pittsburgh, the guns were almost never out, so this was a special occasion.

“I’ll miss you too.” He said pulling me in by my waist. He kissed me gently on the lips and I kissed back, pushing my body up to his.

“Ew! Get a room!” I heard Cooke shout. We just laughed it off.

“Don’t forget your jacket. It may be nice and hot here, but I heard it’s snowing in Edmonton.” I said putting his beanie and scarf in his carry-on.

“You heard or you checked?” He smirked, his sparkling eyes staring into me.

“I checked, wouldn’t want you getting sick. You’re probably a big baby when you’re sick.” I smiled slapping his ass. “They’re gonna leave you..” I whispered dragging my nails gently down his back and pushing my face into the crook of his neck. I was wearing my four inch, pink glitter espadrillle wedges and was barely as tall as his chin. My dark, tight Levi’s shorts were perhaps a little too short and I was wearing his favorite Toronto Blue Jays Baseball shirt knotted to the side with, showing a little skin.

“Let 'em,” he said muffled kissing my head. I pulled back put his duffel bag on his shoulder.

“Kill em for me babe.” I said slapping his ass once more. He smiled and walked onto the bus reluctantly. I got in his car and followed Noemi to drop off Jordan’s car at his house. She got in the passenger’s seat of Sidney’s Range Rover.

“How do you even see, driving this giant thing!” Noemi said leaning over the dashboard.

“Well it did take me 10 minutes to adjust the seat. He's gargantuan.” I replied.

“Hey, it’s mean to talk about your boyfriend behind his back.” Noemi laughed.

“Whatever I’d call him a fatty fatty 2 x 4 to his face.” I smirked. We arrived shortly afterwards at Sidney’s house where we climbed out and got into Noemi’s car.

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

MONDAY

TUESDAY

I'm pathetic, he's only been gone for a few days and I've been sulking around, draggng my feet. Noemi and I did a shoot for the Pittsburgh Tourism web site and I acted like it wasn't even a big deal. The boys were finally back in town and I couldn’t wait to see Sidney. When Noemi and I got to the airport it was a little less than 60 degrees outside. It was nearly 9 pm and the sky was a dark purple with a little grey left over from the cloudy sky.

The boys all walked out from the arena together and my heart raced a little bit. Sidney was wearing his a black suit with a light orange shirt and black tie. He was wearing his black Penguins beanie and his hair tufted out of the bottom just a little bit. When his eyes caught mine they sparkled. I couldn’t help but grin.

He came over and picked me up.

“How’s my beatiful girl doin?” He asked.

“I’m good, you guys had a great roady!” I said laughing as he put me down.

“You look amazing" He said holding my hand and spinning me around.

I gave him a 'really' look.

"You realize I'm wearing a t shirt and jeans right? Or are you fantasizing I'm wearing something different? And by different I mean nothing" I said raising my eyebrows.

"You still look great" He chucked and smiled picking up his small duffel bag then lacing his fingers with mine. He quickly but softly kissed my lips before saying bye to the guys, we get in his car with Jordan and Noemi and headed home.

"What did you do to this thing?" Sidney asked climbing in and adjusting his seat.

"You are much taller than me, I had to scoot it closer." I laughed turning on the radio.

"How tall are you four feet?" he joked finally getting comfortable. I just pouted and turned the volume up louder. When we got to Jordan's loft Noemi got out too. She gasped as the cold air hit her face and tousled her hair. He straightened it out for her with his hands then grabbed her face and kissed her. Sidney and I couldn't help but grin wildly. I never thought that they would be "together" after first hooking up in a club bathroom. I also worried about their relationship fizzling, leaving Sidney and I in an awkward position with our closest friends hating each other.

"You staying here?" I smirked to Noemi.

"Yeah, will you pick me up in the morning on the way to the shoot?" She asked.

"Of course, do you need anything from home?" I asked out of the passenger's seat window.

"Nah she has her toothbrush and some clothes here" Jordan said putting an arm around her.

"Ooooh!" Sidney and I both sang.

"See you guys later" Jordan said turning to go inside.

"See ya!" Noemi smiled.

"They sure look cozy" I said leaning back in my seat.

"You sure look cozy" he said looking over at me grinning.

"I'm just glad you're home." I said holding his right hand.

"Home?" he said squeezing my hand.

"Back." I corrected looking out the window. When we pulled up to a red light he grabbed my chin and kissed me with tounge. The cars on the other side of the street whizzed by us and moved the car a little. We heard a car horn behind us and jumped a little bit. Sidney kept his eyes on the road until we got back.

“You’re more than welcome to stay the night if you want, granted we’d be sleeping on the couch. It has a fold out bed and all but...” I smiled opening the door.

“To get the chance to be with you, of course.” Sidney walked in and put his hoodie on the green, vintage coat hanger. I took off my jeans and blouse and put them in the bin in the bathroom. I was wearing just my panties and grabbed the blankets from the closet. When I came back in the living room Sidney was in his boxers. His muscles looked like they wanted to escape his skin. His body was shaped like a V. He had broad shoulders and huge biceps. He had a defined waist and a sexy Apollo's belt. He had a little, dark happy trail. His abs were hard and defined. His legs were thick like tree trunks.

“Damn, how do you fit in a pair of pants?” I asked giggling at his thighs. I could tell Sidney was having trouble looking at my eyes.

“Um...I have to uh, get them...custom...made.” he barely got out.

“You can look,” I giggled walking seductively towards him. He glanced down at my chest quickly trying not to ogle. I set the blankets down and folded out the bed hiding inside the couch.

“Can I just say that you’re beautiful.” he said helping me tuck in the white sheets.

“You can.” I smiled flopping onto the bed.

“You know you don’t have to sleep on the couch” He said after kissing my forehead.

“Are you suggesting Noemi and I sleep in the same bed? It wouldnt be the first time-” I replied setting out some pillows.

“No, I mean you can stay with me.” he said in a slightly more serious tone.

“Until I find my own place?” I asked unsure.

“Well as long as you’d like.” He affirmed.

“Don’t you think that’s a little quick?” I asked cautiously.

“Well they say when you know, you know.” He smiled looking down at me. He wrapped an arm around me and I rested my head on his large chest.

“What, you know that you want to be with me?” I asked, still weary.

“You make me feel like no girl ever has before. You’re smart, compassionate, a dreamer, and I don’t know, you’re just different. ” he said running his fingers through my hair.

“Is it because I’m black?” I asked jokingly.

“Of course not, race doesn’t matter to me” he said making it a bit more austere.

“Really? It matters a lot to me!” I said setting him up.

“Does it? Do you only date white guys or something?” He asked gingerly.

“No I just like winning.” I smirked. It took him a second but he eventually got it.

“You’re silly.” he said before cupping my breast in his hand. He let out a deep moan from the back of his throat. He massaged it gently, I could tell he was trying not to hurt me.

“You’re not going to break me” I laughed.

“I thought girls liked gentle guys” He said squeezing a little bit harder.

“Not all of us do.” I smirked straddling him. He reached both hands up and squeezed my breasts softly. He leaned up and kissed my lips. I felt him growing hard beneath me. He then moved me off of him and laid down facing me sideways.

"Something wrong?" I asked. It was a few months into the relationship and I wasn't not ready to sleep with him.

"Sorry...I-I just." Sidney said uncomfortably.

"It's okay." I said cupping his face. "Wow you really are different."

"I don't want to rush things...with you." he said slowly,

I kissed him hard on the lips and he nearly pulled away in shock. His eyes fluttered open after I pulled away for air.

"I love you." he said softly, staring into my eyes. "You don't have to say anything back, I just wanted you to know."

"Sidney- I love you too." He kissed me gently and held me in his arms for a few minutes. I rested my head on his chest. The beating of his heart calmed me and I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up abruptly to the sound of banging on the front door. I threw on Sidney’s large, Pittsburgh Hockey shirt and opened the door. The next thing I new my lips were being engulfed and Wesley had his hands grasping my back and my ass.

“Wes...” I muttered trying to push him away. He picked me up and set me on the vintage chest next to the door.

“I’m sorry. I missed you so much baby” he said kissing me harder.

“WES!” I screamed and pushed him off of me.

“I love you. I love you so much. You are the most beautiful-”

“Who’s at the door?” Sidney asked, his voice raspy, rolling over.

“Put me down” I said whispered firmly to Wesley.

“Nobody babe.” I shouted to Sidney.

“Babe? Are you two together? Are you fucking him? Were you cheating on me with him?” Wes interrogated me.

“It doesn’t matter. We’re over. I thought you knew that.” I said standing close to him and not letting him further into the apartment.

“It does matter. Did you cheat on me with him?” He stared at her, green eyes piercing hers.

“I went on a date with him, I’m not a cheater.” I defended crossing my arms across my chest.

“You went on a date with another guy when you have a boyfriend? That makes you a cheater.” He said clenching his fists.

“It was innocent. We just had dinner. Besides you were a shitty excuse for a boyfriend.” I defended.

“So that makes it better. So you mean to tell me you didn’t fuck him? No kiss goodnight, nothing?” he asked glancing over to Sidney, now sitting up on the couch.

“We kissed, only once on the date....and at the club. Oh God I’m a terrible girlfriend.” I realized putting my face in my hands.

“And I’m the asshole..” Wes trailed off.

“Fuck you! You always treated me like shit.” I screamed with my eyes tearing up.

“Did I? Or did your friends just tell you I did?” he said leaning against the front door with his arms folded waiting for my reply.

“I’ve heard enough of this bullshit, you can leave now.” Sidney said now standing behind me with his hands on my waist.

“Yeah? I’m not scared of you.” Wes said stepping towards him.

“Wes, you need to leave!” I screamed putting my hands on his shoulders pushing him backwards.

“Fine, but this isn’t over” He said turning and walking out the door. I locked it behind him. Sidney leaned down and kissed my neck from behind me.

"Whew, He's...yeah he's a lot to deal with." I sighed facing him. He kissed the top of my head and hugged me tightly.

"Lets go back to bed." He said holding my hand. He followed me upstairs to his bedroom. I flopped in the bed and he curled up next to me. The quiet hum of the fan and the cool air on my face brought me quickly to sleep.