Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 40:

“We got signed to Hopeless Records.”

The table exploded with cheers from everyone, and I leaned over and kissed Jack who sat beside me. “Don’t forget about me while you’re on tour.” I whispered in his ear.

He laughed and smiled. “I don’t know, I’m pretty whipped, and I don’t mean by you, I mean by Alex.”

“You guys are touring with us first!” Cassadee yelled. “Besides, we got signed first.”

I looked questioningly. “Decaydance Records. Remember when I told you Pete Wentz was looking at signing us? Well, he did, two months ago.” She answered.

I smiled and congratulated her before slipping out of the hall our families had rented for graduation, into the garden out back. Leaning against the rail, I sighed. Jack was leaving. So was I. Everything was changing, and for once I didn’t want to go to University. I wanted to stay, with Jack. The happy ending that always comes at the end of books and movies, I wanted it so bad.

“Excited for uni?” I turned to see Zack behind me.

I smiled. “Not so much anymore.”

He walked up to me with open arms, which I embraced into a hug.

“Everything’s so different now.” I mumbled into his shoulder.

He laughed and pulled away. “Yeah, but maybe it’s good.”

I smiled at him once more before Vic came out.

“Thanks for inviting me.” Vic smiled.

I hugged him, which was weird. “I’m in a good mood.”

He laughed and pulled away. “Good, I don’t want you attacking me again.”

“Y’know Vic, you ain’t that bad. Try not being a dick all the time.” Zack laughed.

The three of us sat outside and laughed together for awhile, everyone coming out and joining us, leaving the parents inside. Tay and Alex slow danced to the muffled music, starting a trend. Shortly after Cassadee and Rian followed, even Vic and Lisa.

“You want in on this?” Jack held his hand out to me.

I laughed. “Please, you know I can’t dance.”

He pulled me out anyway and we swayed awkwardly. I rested my head on his shoulder and peeked around at all the couples. Jeremy was with his new girlfriend, and Matt and Zack surprised everyone by running to the middle and dancing together, making everyone laugh.

Maybe Zack was right. Maybe, it was all going to be just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Want a sequel, let us know!