My New Addiction

Tell Me Why I See You and I Just Can't Breath

“Where are we going?” I asked as he pulled out another cigarette. He shrugged while lighting it. Crossing my arms, I followed behind him until we reached a small diner. He tossed away the cigarette and opened the door for me. Grabbing my hand, he guided me towards an empty table smiling at an older woman who was behind the counter. I glared when he let go of my hand and pushed me down on the chair.

“Hungry?” He asked, I shook my head and looked at the table top. The woman approached us and started a conversation with Sam. She then asked who I was and he replied with, “this is Spencer, a friend of mine.” I looked up from the table, but not before rolling my eyes, and smiled at the older woman. “This my my Gram.”

“Nice to meet you ma'am.” I replied and stuck my hand out. She smiled brightly at me and shook my hand. Sam ordered us milkshakes and she left to go back to her original spot. “Your Grandma works here?”

“My Grandparents own the diner.” I nodded and waited for to come back in silence. “So, Ashton and Jamie, huh?”

“Are you surprised?” He shrugged but shook his head. I went back to staring at the table when I heard him sigh.

“I didn't know he'd still be there, honest. I was bored and wanted to hang out. I thought he'd be gone by then.” He said and I decided to ignore him. His Grandma walked up to us and handed over our milkshakes and left us again. I smiled my thanks before she left and began drinking some. “Forgive me?” I looked at him and frowned. “It was an honest mistake. After this we can go back to my house and I can make it up to you.” My eyes widen at his sudden forwardness, “Sicko, not like that. We can listen to any album you want, no matter what I think about them. Please? Smile!” He finished and reached over, using his fingers to pull my lips in a smile. I swatted his hands away from my face and he laughed. He grabbed my hand again after he finished his milkshake and made his way towards the door.

“I'm not done with mine though!” I yelled as he let go of my hand and went back inside. A couple seconds later he came back with my milkshake, yelling that he'll return the glass later. “Black Sabbath.” He looked over to me while lighting a cigarette. “We're listening to Black Sabbath.” Sam sighed but nodded. “You have to carry all of my records.”

“Fine, deal.” He said and blew out some smoke. I covered my milkshake so the smoke wouldn't get to it.
Image
“So, I was thinking you and I can go to a party in like, an hour.” Sam proposed.

“No thanks. Have any two's?” I asked while looking at the cards in my hand. He groaned while dropping his two in front of me.

“Come on. You haven't been to a party since my Birthday, two months ago.” He complained, well, more like whined. I rolled my eyes and put down my two from my hands.

“Why are we playing Go Fish? How high are you? You should stop smoking Sam.” I nagged, gathering up all of the playing cards and putting them in a neat pile. We both stood up and dropped down onto his bed.

“You aren't my mother, or girlfriend.” He replied defensively.

“Nor will I ever be,” I said and rolled my eyes. He clutched his chest where his heart is and let out an 'ouch.' “You're kind of my friend, and smoking isn't good for you.”

“Okay, I'll try.”

“No you won't.” I sighed and laid down.

“Probably not.” He admitted and threw an arm over my stomach. He pulled me closer to him and laid his head between my shoulder and head. “You know, you're like my replacement for Ashton ever since him and Jamie got together officially.” I turned my head to look at him and patted his head.

“You make it seem like they totally abandoned us.” I felt him shrug and sit up a little, leaning on his arm. I looked up at him and smiled while my phone started to ring. I picked up my phone and saw it was Jamie.

“Ignore it.” I looked at him again and was about to hit answer when he grabbed the phone out of my hands. I sat up and grabbed for my phone but he put it out of reach. He dropped my phone on the ground and grabbed one of my hands. “I'm not high.” I looked at him and he looked fine.

“Okay?” He stood up from his bed, bringing me up with him.

“Let's go on a motorcycle ride.”

“What? No.”

“Come on, please?” Before I could answer he threw a sweatshirt at me. I sighed but pulled it over my head. “I won't let anything happen to you, I promise.” I held out my pinky towards him. His locked our pinkies and kissed my hand. “You'll have a blast, I swear.”