Sequel: Some Days
Status: Done. Sequel coming Soon :)

Into Your Arms

I Love It When She Wakes Me When It's Still Dark

I looked at our work after we finished putting stuff away.

“Welcome home,” John whispered as he snaked his arm around my waist.

I looked up at him and smiled. Resting my head against his shoulder I sighed. I was very content to where I was right now and how my life was turning out.

“Pinky promise, we’ll never hurt each other ever again,” John held up his pinky.
“When did I ever hurt you?” I joked turning around to face him.

“That one time when you decided to hang out with Pat and Garrett without inviting me,” John pouted.

“Did that really hurt?” I asked. He nodded. “Then yes I promise,” I hooked my pinky against his and kissed him lightly on the lips.

***

“Wake up sleepy head.” John prodded me.

“but I don’t want to,” I mumbled through my sleep as I turned and pulled the covers over my head.

“C’mon... we need to do something special today,” he kept poking me.

“Later...” I whined as I tried to swat him away.
“C’mon Carly.” he nuzzled my cheek.

“Go away John... I need to sleep,” I pushed his face away but I smiled mischievously looking at him.

“I guess this leaves me up to my last resort...” he sighed and lifted his hands up.

“Don’t you fucking dare O’Callaghan!” I yelled.

“You asked for it sweetheart!” he laughed and started to tickle me.

“Damn you John! Stop it!” I gasped for air. “I’m up! I’m awake!”

“Good...” John grinned triumphantly as he kissed me.

“Fuck. I’m up already.” I muttered and got out of bed. “I’m gonna go take a shower,” I yawned and walked into the bathroom.

“Can I join you?” John called out. Yes.

“You just tickled the fuck out of me, What makes you think we’re gonna shower together?” I glared pretending to be mad at him.

“The fact that you’re my girlfriend and that I love you oh so very much,” he looked at me with puppy eyes. Uggh why?

“Fine but hurry up- it’s a limited time offer.” I rolled my eyes as I disappeared behind the door.

***

John and I have been together for 4 months. I moved back in with him and we professed our undying love for each other. Just kidding. But seriously.

“Carly?” John asked.

“Hmm...” I looked up from reading.

“My mom’s having a barbecue this weekend, like she does every year and I was wondering if you wanted to come along and I’ll introduce you to my family.” John came over and sat beside her. Was I ready to meet his family? Oh dear god.

John looked at me and most likely read the worry and confusion since he asked, “They’ll love you Car.”

I bit my lip and looked into his green eyes.

“Please? If they don’t like you, we’ll come straight home and we won’t see them ever again.”

I nodded slowly. John’s face lit up and he came over and kissed me. I smiled against his lips.

“I love you so much Car. I’ll never let you go,” he wrapped his arms around me. I’ve never felt so lucky.

***
The day of the barbecue I woke up early. Looking at John peacefully sleeping, his breath steady and slow, I smiled to myself. I walked into the washroom. I finished showering, I got ready. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled to my reflection. As I was finishing, realization hit me. Fuck.

I ran to our room. Jumping onto John’s sleeping form. I shook him awake.

“John! Wake the fuck up!” I whispered loudly. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. “Wake up!” I nudged him until he sat up rubbing his eyes.

“What’s going on Car?” he asked groggily.

“John... I’m late.” I replied, eyes wide in horror.

“Late for what?” he looked at me in pure confusion.

End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: I Must Be Dreaming- The Maine

What a cliffhanger and the irony of the title :) If you guys want a sequel please state it in the comments. <3