Sequel: Some Days
Status: Done. Sequel coming Soon :)

Into Your Arms

What Exactly Is Holding Us Back?

"Do I really need to go with you?" I groaned as Kate was curling my hair.

"Yeah, we need to do something together, and you need to look pretty so stop fussing!"

I sat in silence while she finished, and once she ran off to do her makeup, I stood in the bathroom doorway watching. "But I hate The Maine."

She scoffed and tossed my makeup bag at me. "You're still going."

***

We stood in the lineup when the band walked by. Screams erupted as they waved and signed a few autographs. My heart was thumping, hoping they wouldn't notice me.

"Pat! Can you sign this!" Kate screamed, and he came over.

Please don't see me. Please. Please.

He scribbled down his autograph on the CD booklet she was holding and looked up, right at me.

"There you are." He smiled.

I shook my head. "Don't tell John."

He nodded quickly and ran back to his band mates, who eagerly prodded him with questions I hope weren't about me.

The line began to move, and Kate jumped up and down, excited. It was happening.

***

Of course, we were front row, just off center. Every time John even glanced in my direction, my heart skipped a beat, praying he wouldn't see me.

"This next song goes out to a special girl." The crowd's cheers turned into row after row of 'Aww'

"I broke her heart. Now she's gone, and I wish I could tell her I'm sorry, but I can't find her. I wouldn't be surprised if she hates me."

I stared up at him, his eyes sparkling as if he was going to cry.

"I'm Sorry, Carly."

Tears. I couldn't stop them. Kate looked over at me and hugged me tight as we awkwardly swayed and sang with the crowd and John.

"I'm fucked up again. I shouldn't drive tonight, but I keep thinking of you. I hurt you again, I shouldn't lie tonight so the next few words are true."

He stopped singing, and the crowd took over, and the look on his face made me cry even harder. Maybe he actually cared.

"Never again, Never again, no. Will I leave you high n' Never again, Never again, no. Never again, Never again, no Will I leave you high n' dry This time, I more than mean it."

Kate let go of me and I screamed John's name, and he looked over. His sad eyes brightened, he even smiled.

"I'm sorry, I'm not what you wanted. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you down. I could use some poor excuse, cause the hardest thing to say, Oh, it's the hardest thing to say in the world, I'm sorry.
Yeah, I'm sorry."

He had his eyes closed, signing with passion and all his heart. How am I supposed to hate him now?

"So I said: Never again, Never again, no. Will I leave you high n' Never again, Never again, no. Yeah, Never again, Never again, no Will I leave you high n' dry This time, I more than mean it, yeah ."

The crowd was singing loudly, almost overpowering John's amplified voice. It was so beautiful.

"I'm sorry, I'm not what you wanted. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you down. I could use some poor excuse, cause the hardest thing to say, Oh, it's the hardest thing to say in the world, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm not what you wanted. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you down. I could use some poor excuse, cause the hardest thing to say, Oh, it's the hardest thing to say in the world is I'm sorry. I'm sorry, yeah."

***

"Hey Carly." Pat engulfed me with a hug, Kate standing there with her mouth open.

"You told him."

Pat flushed red and smiled. "Of course I did."

I got hug after hug from everyone, John hiding in the dressing room bathroom.

"Why is he hiding?" I tried to laugh, wiping away the few tears still left on my cheeks.

Kennedy shrugged. "Kate, you want anything signed." Her face lit up.

The guys and Kate left the dressing room, leaving me alone, sitting on the couch, waiting for John.

The door creaked open and he slid out, a panicked look on his face. "I looked everywhere for you."

I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so sorry."

He smiled and kissed the side of my head. "I should have realized."

"Realized what?" I asked as I pulled away from him.

He smiled. "That my room mate was my best friend, and I'm falling in love with her."

I laughed. "That's so cheesy."

He hugged me again. "I know."

***

"So, you got all your stuff moved back in?" John asked as he dropped a box of my clothes on the floor at my feet.

I nodded. "Pretty much, yeah."

He hugged me tight. "I'm so glad you're back."

I pushed him away. "Ugh, enough with the emotions, let's unpack."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Give Me Anything - The Maine

It's not over.