If Happy Ever After Did Exist...

Part Two: Tony Stark

I woke up the morning after the party in a strange bed, in a strange room. I was in a strange house. I wrapped myself in a blanket and started to remember the previous night. I had ended up back at Tony Stark’s place after several drinks at his party, and when he had showed up several hours later (claimed he had urgent business elsewhere), we had engaged in a…Tryst, if you could call it anything. And that was the situation I was currently in. Nude in Stark’s house, with no idea where my clothes were, or why my phone was currently ringing like crazy.

I picked up my phone and opened the door to the room I was in. “Talk to me.” I whispered, not sure where Stark’s assistant, the overbearing Pepper Potts, was located. Last thing that I could want was her coming in and yelling at me or judging me. “Where are you? You were supposed to meet me in my office an hour ago.” Phil Coulson’s voice said in my ear. “Traffic! I got stuck in traffic.” I replied casually, struggling to hold the sheet up as well as my phone. “That’s why the GPS on your phone says you’re in Stark’s place?” Coulson demanded. “Mind your business, Phil.” I muttered. “I think I’ll refuse that offer. Get your ass to my office now, or I’ll get Fury to take your badge away.” Phil snapped.

I stared at the phone before hanging up. My eyes searched for my clothes, and I heard the door to the room open suddenly. “Looking for these? You left them in my room. Before you went streaking through the house in front of Rhodey. You’ve got an excellent ass, by the way. Do you do Yoga?” Stark asked. I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes. Stark was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a tight black tank top, and my clothes dangled from his hands. The smirk on his face was undeniable as he watched me, framed by his well-groomed goatee. I crossed the room, grabbing my dress. “So we didn’t sleep together?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. Stark laughed, crossing his arms over his chest. “You assume that just because you’re a woman and you’re in my home that I had sex with you. Janey?” He scoffed.

My name sounded like an insult coming from his mouth, and I felt tears sting my eyes. I took a second to blink, pretending to try to get something out of my eye. “No, I wouldn’t think that, because I would never sleep with a guy like you anyway, Stark. Who knows what I’d pick up?” I retorted. Tony crossed the room and placed his hands on my shoulders, staring into my eyes. “You so sure about that, Agent?” he whispered. His lips met mine gently, and he took my bottom lip between his teeth just ever so slightly as he kissed me. I felt my knees weaken at the contact, but I kept myself composed, not kissing back. I wasn’t about to give a man like Tony Stark the satisfaction of seeing me crumble at his feet, he was far too used to that from other girls. When he realized I wasn’t going to give in, he pulled away, running his hand through his hair.

“Okay, okay. You win.” He muttered, walking out of the room. I dressed quickly in my clothes and headed out of the house, my cheeks red from embarrassment. I called a cab and took it from the house in Malibu all the way to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters in Los Angeles. Grimacing at the fare, I walked to Phil’s office. Coulson was sitting at his desk, typing something quickly on his keyboard. I sat down across the man patiently, draping my arms across the desk. Coulson finally looked up at me and fought a laugh. “You really did have a rough night.” He said. I stared intently at my partner, my eyebrows furrowed.

“Coulson, you do not leave your partner alone with a man that is known for womanizing. Where were you trained at?” I demanded. Coulson laughed finally and raised his eyebrow. “Are you always this cranky after getting laid?” he wondered. I pulled my cell phone out (it was beeping like crazy beside me in my purse). “I didn’t have sex with Tony Stark.” I snapped; opening the texts I was being bombarded with. I didn’t recognize the number, but I knew right away that it was Tony Stark. “Hello there Miss Williams, be careful who you let touch your phone, they may be able to hack into it. By the way, the sex was phenomenal, thanks for asking.” The messages read.

I rolled my eyes, and Phil took my phone. “You didn’t do what with Tony Stark? What was that you were saying, Janey?” he asked me, his tone dripping with criticism. “I didn’t. He’s just giving me a hard time because I said I’d never sleep with him.” I argued. “Did you find out anything about his arc reactor?” Coulson wanted to know. My phone started to ring, and I sighed. “Will you get rid of him?” I pleaded. Phil answered the phone, putting it on speaker. “Hello, Stark.” He greeted, winking at me. “Give the phone to Janey, Grandpa.” Stark said. Coulson’s eyes narrowed. “She doesn’t want to talk to you, Stark.” He retorted. “Hello, Tony!” I called out to make Stark aware of my presence in the room.

“Janey, take the phone from the bald man.” He yelled. I laughed at the very blunt insult. “Don’t laugh at that, why are you laughing at that?!” Coulson growled. He shoved my phone at me, and I took it off speaker before holding it to my ear. “What do you want, ass?” “I’ve got something important that I need to talk to you about. Only you. If you try to bring your partner, I’ll call the whole plan off.” Stark said quietly in my ear. I bit down on my lip. “I’ll be there in an hour.” I said, ending the call. Phil frowned. “Did Stark just ask you to go there alone?” he said. I got up, shaking my head. “I need to take care of this. I’ll see you later.” I replied, walking out of the office with my mind racing.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you really wanna read an even better Tony Stark story, go read Ravageuse by Check Yes Julia. She does a perfect job of getting Tony's character across.