Blue Tide

Part 4

‘I miss her.’

Sarah gasped almost silently as the stood in the supermarket and heard Oceanus’s thoughts. After their kiss, Oceanus had transformed into a wave and disappeared. Sarah hadn’t heard anything from him but his thoughts and it had been two weeks. No one understood why the sea had become so violent all of a sudden. Fishermen were unable to fish and the weather was very unstable. She kept praying, pleading for Oceanus to calm down, to summon her but he never did.

‘Sarah… Sarah…’

‘Sarah volo vos. Esse meam in perpetuum.’

His thoughts were beginning to get agonizing and as Sarah was driving, she decided to stop near the beach and she left her shoes on the car as she walked towards the shore. Even though, the weather was getting cold and dark, there was a family near her with a small child running around happily on the sand.

“Oceanus…” Sarah called quietly “Oceanus, please, what’s wrong?” She whispered, knowing that no one could hear her.

Oceanus felt her presence and growled. His desire for her was becoming unbearable, she was more than a tool after they kissed. He wanted her, he needed her, he craved her.

“What are you doing here?” He mumbled with frustration as he closed his eyes and was able to perfectly see her on the shore.

“Oceanus, I know that you can hear me.” Sarah said beginning to feel stupid.

“You are my siren.” She heard in her mind as she smiled, just for the fact of hearing his voice. “What are you doing here Sarah?”

“You disappeared on me so I had to come here.” She said as she began to feel butterflies fill her stomach. “Besides your thoughts are loud and I needed to complain.” She grinned as he smiled softly at the mortal’s sassiness.

“There are mortals near you. Make them leave and I’ll show myself.” Oceanus replied as Sarah furrowed her eyebrows.

“They won’t even notice you. They are far from me.” She said as Oceanus growled making her wide her eyes.

“If you don’t make them go…” He started as huge waves started to form “I will.”

Sarah stood up quickly and stepped back as three giant waves crushed against the sand. She heard a high-pitched yell as she looked around and realized that both father and son were being dragged by the waves.

“No!” Sarah yelled “OCEANUS NO!” She yelled as she quickly ran towards the water and it seemed to reject her.

“MAKE THEM LEAVE!” Oceanus yelled angrily in her head as she winced at the pain it caused.

“Don’t hurt them!” She pleaded as Oceanus seemed to be playing around with the two mortals, just scaring them as thunder struck and the mother yelled in despair.

“Make her pray.” Oceanus whispered viciously.

“Aren’t my prayers enough?!” Sarah spat.

“Not anymore. Not in this case.” Oceanus said coldly as he kept manipulating the waves with the tips of his fingers.

“You bloody bastard.” Sarah snarled as she debated what to do as father and son kept struggling. “You have to promise!” She yelled.

“You have my word.” Oceanus said as Sarah approached the hysterical woman with an impossible woman.

The woman was on her knees, shaking in despair and as Sarah begged her to repeat her words, the woman almost shoved her off calling her crazy. Sarah insisted and persistent until the woman yelled the words in tears and yells. Suddenly the sea calmed down and both father and son were able to run to the sand and meet the mother.

“Now go. GO!” Sarah yelled as she watched the three disappear and turned to the sea, glaring furiously.

“Who do you think you are to do that?!” She yelled angrily as she sprinted towards the water, the waves beginning to grow again.

“I’m a God.” Oceanus replied sarcastically as Sarah’s hands closed into fists “Oh you’re really mad.” He acknowledged.

“Show yourself Oceanus!” She snarled angrily as he laughed, finding her anger adorable.

“Why don’t you join me Sarah?” He invited as he felt her heart race.

“In… inside?” She stuttered as she observed the giant waves and shook from head to toe.

“It’s the only way for you to talk to me, if you really want to.” Oceanus said as he emerged at a distance, enough for her to spot him.

“The waves will… they will drown me.” Sarah said.

“I am the waves. Come to me Sarah.” Oceanus pressed as Sarah took a deep breath and took her jacket off.

She stepped, filled with fear, into the water and tried to endure as much as possible as the waves went against her body. She dived a couple of times and when the water finally reached her waist, the waves turned into almost calm water as bubbled started appearing around her, pulling her further. When the water passed her waist and was in her mid-torso, she felt arms snake around her and Oceanus emerged in front of her with his arm around her.

He stood there in his half-naked glory as her eyes immediately locked with his and her anger seemed
to vanish.

“Are you using magic?” She asked as his hands laced with hers.

“No.”

“Then… why I am not angry anymore?” She asked as he leaned in, his lips lingering on hers.

“Because you’ve surrendered.” He said as he kissed her gently. “And because you love me like I love you.”

He released her hands and his arms snaked around her waist, bringing them together.

“I’m afraid, Oceanus.” Sarah confessed as her hands rested against his chest and he rested his forehead against hers.

“There’s no reason for fear, my dear.” He started “This is the point of no return, the point in which if you accept to be mine, to change completely and leave behind all you know, it will happen now but if you refuse you’ll never see me again or remember me.”

Sarah sighed as their eyes locked and tears slipped her eyes.

“I accept Oceanus. I give myself to you.”

“A true human sacrifice.” He mumbled as he kissed away her tears “I thought I’d never experience one but here you are… my mortal woman.” He said as he caressed her cheek gently.

“I… I love” Sarah started but Oceanus’s lips cut her off with a passionate kiss.

The sea started becoming agitated around them around. Sarah tensed up as Oceanus grabbed her tightly and safely, never breaking the kiss. It started to rain as waves built up, hitting their frames repeatedly, until a wave enveloped them and they vanished from sight, never to be seen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies!
Here is the end of this small story. I'm extremely thankful to every reader, silent or not. Thank you for subscribing and for the recs.
I must say that this story was like a breeze of fresh air for me and forgive me for the use of Latin but I really love the language eheh
Comments and critiques are highly appreciated as always!