Status: New Story

Jade Eyed Boy

Professional Nurse

Image

I opened my eyes slowly as the nurses office came into view. I must have passed out from all my screaming. I couldn't even remember how I ended up in this room. What all had happened? Had Zacky and Isaac really got into a brutal fight? Had Brian, Matt, and Jimmy joined? Where were the other girls? But the question that lingered the most in my mind was did Isaac really beat me? I took a deep breath and confirmed the deep pain in my chest. I had been crushed beneath the wait of his foot. He was really trying to hurt me outside.

I let out a groan as I tried to take another breath, and for the first time the school nurse noticed I was conscious. She immediately turned away from what she was doing and walked over to me. I started to sit up but she motioned for me to stay down. I tried to breathe again and this time my groan came out as a whimper. The pain was unbearable.

"Your fainting gave the girls quite a scare. You must have screamed yourself breathless and by the looks of you I can tell why. Now I have to ask you a couple of questions Miss Seward. The girls who brought you in, Michelle and Valerie DiBendetto, claim that you were beat by your longtime boyfriend Isaac Reinett".

I nodded but did not expect her next statement.

"Well I'm sorry Miss Seward but I find that very hard to believe. The Reinett's do nothing but good for this school and community. I mean Dana and Isaac are both straight A students, both athletes, and up until very recently neither of them ever got into very much trouble. So I'm sorry if I don't believe your story but I suppose I will mention it to the other members of the staff to keep an eye on you two".

My mouth was stuck in an 'O' shape. I was drug her unconscious by two girls who saw exactly what happened and she didn't believe them or me? What kind of nurse was she anyway? I nearly nailed her in the face but decided I'd rather not take a suspension. I didn't say a word to her instead I just sat up against her protest. Even with the mass amount of pain I was in I managed to stand up and make my way towards the door. He had done a good number on my ribs and it almost felt like they were going to stab themselves through my chest. I wanted to cry but was to determined to leave the unprofessional 'nurse' behind.

When I managed to make my way out of the nurse's office I was suddenly surrounded by concerned eyes. I hadn't realized that people were outside the door waiting on me to wake up and I was almost relieved to know that that were a select few of people who would take my side. It was my brother and all of his friends - hell they were becoming my friends the way they looked out for me this morning. The only one that was missing was Zacky. Not seeing him there made my stomach jolt.

"What did the nurse say?" Johnny asked immediately.
"Are you okay?" the twins said in union.
"You aren't going to die are you?" Jimmy asked with fake worry.

I was being bombarded by questions from everyone and the only thing I could think about was where Zacky could be. Did he get kicked out of school because of me? Could he have been hospitalized? I hadn't realized how heavy I was breathing until I felt a cold splash of water hit my face.

"What the fuck Matt?" Brian snapped loudly.

"Dude she was about to have a panic attack. Now what's wrong Haley?" he demanded loudly. He was holding his now empty water bottle he had used to bring me back into reality.

"W-where's Zacky?" I managed to choke out.

They almost immediately looked at me with a relieved expression. Val's face however was the first one to turn to amusement. "God Haley we all thought you were dying over there and when reality you were just upset cause Baker isn't here. Well he got out-of-school suspension for a week cause of fighting so he was immediately sent home today. I'll run you over there after school if you really want to see him though".

"Can I got see him now?". I wasn't really thinking logically with all the pain going throughout my body. Alls I knew was that I needed to see him to feel assured that Isaac hadn't killed him.

Val looked at me with a surprised expression. "Umm yeah, we thought you'd want to go home and rest a bit but I will drive you over there now if you want. Fair warning, he's pretty banged up. Reinett did a number on his face but I think Zacky did a bit more damage to him".

Her statement caused my stomach to take another jolt. How bad were Zacky and Isaac's injuries? Would Isaac have to quit football? I really hoped they were both okay but another thought occurred to me - why did I care what happened to Isaac? He beat me. He cracked my ribs. Zacky got suspended fighting for me but Isaac got nothing for beating me? How the hell was that 'fair'? My stomach was boiling up with anger. Almost two years together and he fucking laid a hand on me, and dare I say it, one of my friends. How dare that bastard suffer nothing but some mild physical damage? How dare he get nothing while I'm struggling for breath and Zacky's suspended? I was so furious I hadn't realized I had dug my own nails into my skin.

The group looked at me with concern on their faces. It almost looked as if they were questioning my sanity but none of them chose to speak. Finally, Val decided to break the silence, "You sure you're stable enough to see him right now Haley. I mean, he isn't going anywhere you know?".

I faked a small smile. "No guys I'm fine". I could tell they didn't believe me. "Really guys, I'm okay. Can you take me Val? I really want to talk to him".

I could tell she was going against her better judgment but she motioned for me to follow her out. She stopped and gave Matt a quick peck on the cheek and continued to head out the front doors of the school. I followed her out in a painful walk but found it not hurting me as much as before. It was probably because I was so determined to see Zacky that I was able to ignore it. Up until I got out to the parking lot of course. There we were greeted by the world's most unpleasant sight. Isaac Reinett.

"What the fuck are you doing here?", Val snapped!

He rolled his eyes. "Waiting to talk to my girlfriend", he replied coolly.

The way he called me his girlfriend made almost a wave of nausea sweep through my stomach. I guess technically I was still his 'girlfriend' but emotionally he was dead to me. I almost hated him. He made me as sick as his sister did.

"I don't want to talk to you", I said harshly, hoping he would get the point.

He grabbed me by the arm. "Haley just hear me out. I love you". It stopped me dead in my tracks. He never told me he loved me. Ever. For a moment I considered hugging him but thankfully Val intervened.

"Take your fucking hands off of her", she yelled! He rolled his eyes again. "Get out of here you dumb cunt".

It didn't quite register what I was doing but before I knew it I had used my free hand to deck him right in the face. He let go of me in shock. When he finally surpassed the surprise attack he looked at me with almost pure hatred. Before I knew it he had gripped both of my shoulder tightly again. He was hovering over me showing me a somewhat venomness look.

"Look you dumb bitch", he spat in my face,"you're still my fucking girlfriend and you better start doing what I say or else you'll pay. You, your brother, and little Baker boy. You understand me?"! How could he think after all of this today I would still be his girlfriend? How stupid was he?! I didn't think too much about my actions again and I simply spit in his face. "I'm not your fucking girlfriend Reinett".

He wiped the spit off his face and simply gripped on to my shoulder tighter almost causing me to lose air. "How about this?" he asked, "if you try and break up with me I will kill you and your dumb little boyfriend".

"Ha, I like to see you try", Val said smugly, "If any of us catch you ever laying a hand on Haley again Zacky, Johnny, Brian, my boyfriend, and my twin will all come for you. Here is a hint Reinett - you will lose".

He let go of me and stormed off in the opposite direction of us. Val laughed to herself thinking she had won but something about what Isaac had said made me scared for my life, and even worse, Zacky's life. I was stuck with Isaac Reinett as long as he wanted me to be his girlfriend.

I got into the car quietly and just listened to Val ramble on and on about how much of a chicken shit Isaac was. She couldn't see how scared I was of him. I didn't say a word until we slowed down on a street. A street that couldn't have been too far away from my street. I assumed it was Zacky's house because before I knew it she just left me there standing in his front yard. All of a sudden I felt like being anywhere else but here. What was I going to say to him? I didn't have any time to think because before I knew it I heard his front door open.

"Haley?", then jade eyed boy asked, "what are you doing here?". He motioned me inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
God I'm good at cliff hangers!
Keep reading guys!
Some tubular shit is gonna happen soon ;)
Haley-xO