Sequel: Disasterology
Status: Characters are now updated! :D

Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

My Mouth Is Dry With Words I Cannot Verbalize

“There are so many people tonight…! Andy…I’m not so sure about this…!”
I chewed on my thumbnail nervously as I continued to scan the crowd. No sight of Kellin yet…

I would have been lying if I said that I didn’t want him to come here and watch. That’s the total opposite of how I feel right now.

Andy placed a hand on my shoulder. “You’ll be okay, Vic. It’s only ten more people than last time.”
“Ten people is a pretty big number, Andy! Plus…” “The situation with Kellin.” I nodded. “Yeah…”

“Well, at least he made it.”

I looked into the crowd again and saw him.

He stood there awkwardly, chewing on the sleeve of his hoodie.

Poor baby…he looks so helpless…

“Go on. Him and everyone else are waiting for you.” I turned to look back at Andy. He smiled.
I nodded, smiling back slightly and walked onto the stage.

I heard a couple of cheers as I picked up the guitar and faced the crowd.

I looked at Kellin. He smiled at me.

I smiled back and adjusted the microphone.

“I’m starting out with a song that my bro, a friend of mine, and I wrote together.”

I started to play the guitar.

“This song is called ‘Stay Away From My Friends’.”
--------

“Thank you! You’ve been an awesome crowd!” I spoke quickly into the microphone before I walked off the stage. I found Kellin later while another guy went upstage to perform. We walked outside to avoid the noise blasting from the speakers.

“You were amazing up there!” I blushed again. “Thanks.”
“Awwwwh. Am I embarrassing you, Vic?” “Ha. You wish.”
He only giggled.

“So how did you get here anyway? Did your boyfriend drop you off?”
I tried to say boyfriend as nicely as I could. The word still burned though.

“No. I walked here. The mall isn’t really far from where I live. Ronnie had to work.”

“So what’s he like…?” “You sure are asking a lot of questions.” He poked my cheek.

Great…I’m turning into Mike and Andy now…

“What? I can’t be a little curious?” “Nope!”

I poked him back on the side of his face. He winced and slapped my hand away.

“I’m sorry! Did I hurt you?!” I looked at where I poked him and my eyes widened.

There was a small, faded purple mark.

“Are you wearing makeup?” He didn’t respond.

I reached for his face and wiped the area gently. The purple blotch was clearly visible now.

“Kellin…what happened…?” “I fell down some stairs…” My stomach twisted into a knot.

“Kellin!” “That’s what happened! I swear!”

I gritted my teeth, anger rushing through my veins.
“Then look me in the eyes and tell me that you ‘fell down the stairs’!”

There was a moment of silence, then he stood up.

“Kellin—” “I have to go…” I stood up quickly and grabbed his hand.

“Kellin…please…tell me what happened.” “I told you. I fell.”

He turned to look at me, then hugged me.

“I’m okay Vic…Really…I’ll call you later…okay…?”

He pulled away from me and walked off, disappearing into the distance.

I screamed out and slammed my fist against the wall.
This can’t be happening…!
---------

I was alone tonight. Neither Mike nor Andy came over.

So now I’m lying on my bed, staring at the dark ceiling. The same thoughts ran through my head.

Why didn’t I say anything? Why didn’t I stop him from leaving? Why didn’t I confront him about Ronnie?

I groaned and pulled at my hair before rolling over, my face planted into the pillow.
Maybe I should try smothering my conscience with this pillow…

♪ Hey Mom, I wrote you some soft songs. And tell Dad I’m just fine. We had to choose. We made our move. And now we gotta go, go, go… ♪

My phone tore me away from that thought. I picked it up and looked at the caller I.D.

It was Kellin. I quickly pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

“Hello…?”

“Sorry…did I wake you up?” I looked at the clock. 12:01 A.M.
“No…I never really fell asleep.” “Oh…”

I bit down on my lip. “About earlier…I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay…you were just worried…”

I sighed and tugged at my hair again.

“I ruined tonight…didn’t I…?”
I could just imagine him pouting or chewing on his bottom lip, like he always does when he’s nervous.

“No, not at all! I’m really glad that you came…!”

“Really…?” I smiled slightly. He sounded so adorable…

“Of course…and…I would like to hang out with you again sometime, maybe next weekend…if you want to…”

There was a moment of silence, then he giggled slightly.

“I’d love to. Maybe a day at the beach?”

My smile widened at the fact that he still wants to be near me.

“That sounds like a plan.”

“Great…! I hate to say it, but I have to go to bed now. I have class in the morning…I’ll text you tomorrow afterwards, okay?”

“M’kay…Night.” “Night.”

I hung up the phone and placed it back on the nightstand.

I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. A warm, fuzzy feeling washed over me and I smiled.

I guess I have another date with Kellin…♥
♠ ♠ ♠
A double update? I think yes. ;D
Thank you all for your comments. And I forgot to say this earlier but...
WHOO HOO!!! 100+ READERS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! <3 :D
Anyway more to come (when I can sneak onto my mom's PC again. ;D)

Title Credit: "We Are Broken" -- Paramore (I really love this song, and it might play role later. ;) <3)