Honey Bee

New: Epilogue

Somehow the man who had his strong arm wrapped around the girl's waist had fallen asleep himself, his face buried in the back of her neck. Emily fluttered her eyelids open softly, looking for a clock to find it was only 7PM, she had only slept an hour which was a personal record for her. She was used to having five or six hour 'naps'.

Rolling over to face the man, she thumbed over his eyebrows until he scrunched his face, a little unwilling to wake up so soon. "Come on," she whispered, pressing her lips against his forehead, "I've never been to Boston."

Suddenly then, his limbs stretched out as a bear groan appeared out of no where from the guy, causing her to giggle and scratch at his belly. "Easy tiger," his voice warned and she soon put her hand back to herself, her cheeks a little red and she nodded though she couldn't contain another soft giggle past her lips. Duly noted.

Tyler breathed through his nose and finally opened up those beautiful eyes. "You've never really been to Boston?"

"Nope."

A grin crept over his features before he rubbed his face, "Well let's see it. Let me take you out on a real date."

"I'm not wearing this sundress for nothing," Emily chuckled and hopped up from where she was to freshen up a bit in the bathroom to look a little less like the Joker from the red lipstick that smudged in her sleep. It wasn't long before her curled hair was in a romantic bun and she sprayed a little perfume on her wrists.

By the time she got out, he was finishing buttoning the last button on his dress shirt and she came up to take over and button it for him. "So where are we going?"

"You'll just have to see, now won't you?"

And just like that, they were leaving his apartment and got into his truck on an disclosed location that she was dying to find out where it exactly was.

She kept her eyes open for anything when they pulled up to a little restaurant right near what seemed to be the harbor. The girl smiled once they parked completely when Tyler wouldn't let her get out until he was on her side of the truck, "What a gentleman," Emily chuckled as she stepped out of the truck with his help considering she was so short and wearing a dress.

"Well this seems romantic huh," she said with a broad grin swept across her face and took his hand when she shut the door behind her.

The place was quiet and only a couple people were even there. Tyler requested a table outside, making Emily thankful that it was mid-April so it wasn't too chilly and she didn't under dress.

The tables were set with lace tablecloths and candlelight accentuated their features once they were sat down. Emily twirled her stray hair by her ear around her fingers out of habit, subconsciously even, and looked up from her menu when she felt eyes on her.

"What?" She asked concernedly, but amused as a small smile peeked from behind her lips.

Tyler shook his head and let his eyes gaze over the menu instead, "I just like seeing you so happy."

A blush overtook her face as she hurriedly shook her head and looked down at her menu, "It's easy to," Emily grinned to herself, knowing it wouldn't be long before they had a great meal and conversation, getting to know each other a lot more than before only to find out they had so much more in common.

The stars twinkled above them as they finished their meal, the city lights just in the distance when they noticed the restaurant's band playing soft music in the background and cute little old couples getting in the little spot to dance. Tyler quickly took that opportunity and although Emily was a little reluctant at first, she couldn't help but giggle and take his hand. It was so easy to just be in the moment with him. And there they were, slow dancing in a sea of senior citizens.

It didn't take them long to see the sights and sounds of Boston as Tyler introduced her to the little things that were tucked away in the city, away from the tourist attractions, enough for them to get back to his apartment rather late, high on the happiness and good time they shared together.

As they approached the door, she leaned against it and grinned up at him, "I've had a great time."

"Well it doesn't have to be over," Tyler's voice dropped as his head did to her own until she pressed her fingertips to his lips.

"I don't kiss on the first date," Emily grinned brightly, opening the door once the lock turned green, and looked behind her with a grin on her face as she toed out of her shoes and waited for the door to close. Of course he had a slight pout on his lips, but that was all the better to kiss when she stood on her toes to reach his lips a little more passionately than she ever had before. She'd blame it on the wine with dinner, but as he slipped his hands over her hips comfortably she probably made her more nervous and excited on the inside than it should have. Also a little more confident.

But keeping her cool like a professional, she kept it to herself as her fingers made their way to the nape of his neck, gently tickle the hairs there just to get a rise out of him. A small, satisfied smirk appeared when he kissed her with a little more passion, a little deeper. And then he walked forward, guiding her back to his room and her heart began to race at the very thought. To say that she was new at this was a huge understatement, she had only kissed a few boys in her lifetime and that was it. She tried to contain her awkwardness at the subject when the back of her legs touched the bed and handle this like a mature adult, but the moment Tyler's fingers trailed a little over her waist, she broke the kiss, mouthing over his own lips as she tried to catch her breath.

"I don't know if I can yet," She whispered to him, trying not to lose the contact feeling far to embarrassed to actually look at him. She probably wouldn't have either if Tyler hadn't curled his index finger underneath her chin, coaxing her head up to look at him with a soft grin on his face.

"I get it," Tyler pressed his lips to her forehead as if to melt every single worry she had away. "I'm not going to pressure you into anything, but I would like it if you didn't sleep on the couch," he smiled adoringly at her.

Emily's stomach was swirling with butterflies as she bit her bottom lip and nodded, "Okay. It's just," she went on to ramble, "I'm not used to... this, like, physical contact?" She laughed, but it was kinda true. "That was so lame, I just... I want to, but not give me time okay?" Emily hid the top of her head burrowed in his chest and grinned a little when he heard him laugh to ease up whatever tension she had in her head.

"You've only kissed before haven't you?" Feeling her nod against his chest, his chest tightened and swelled a little as he smiled and rubbed her back, "I know I haven't helped with the whole hockey player stereotype before, but honestly? I would much rather take my time, you matter so much to me."

Emily looked up at him then, searching over his eyes and that's when she found the truth and it made her lean up, pressing her lips against his gently and softly in his room.

It didn't take them much longer before they settled back in, for her to not feel like it was a such a big deal or a big rush to do anything. They had all the time in the world. And soon they were in their pajamas, of course Emily wasn't that nervous enough to wear her PJ set that was a purple long sleeved shirt paired with a skimpy pair of shorts of the same color.

"You're killin' me here," Tyler muttered once she got out of the bathroom, putting her other clothes back in her bag before running over to him, jumping on him as he lain in bed, shirtless as if he was any better and Em called him out on it.

"Really? Because your dress code isn't any better," she whispered, trying not to touch him, but that was almost silly as she sat up beside him, her long hair surrounding him when she leaned down to kiss his cheek, "you said nothing about teasing you." Emily smiled and ran her hand over his chest momentarily.

That night was spent talking about their day, past experiences, first kisses, and so much more. It got her mind off of her life and she needed it, she needed Boston. And whether or not she realized it, she needed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to read "New" too!