Status: please let me know what you think

Life in Hiding

Intruder

“There is five hundred dollars and around ten thousand dollars worth of jewelry.” Derek told me as he sat down next to me.

“That’s a lot.” I answered as I stared into the blue eyes of my daughter.

“You know, she looks like you more everyday.” I glanced over to Derek and he smiled.

“She looks like him everyday also.” I frowned. I thought back to the memories I had with Marcus.

“He is alright. He will be back one day. You know he loves her a lot. He loves you too. We all love both of you.” Derek put his arm around my shoulder.

“I know.” I smiled a little.

“Who wants pizza?!” Austin shouted. All the guys shouted ‘I do!’ “I will make it then.” I rolled my eyes.

X

After eating dinner and feeding Lily, I put her down to sleep. I kissed her head before walking out of our room and back to the living room. The guys were watching a horror movie so I sat down on the couch to join them. Once the movie finished, we began talking about what we were going to do with the money and jewelry.

“The five hundred dollars goes to Dakota since she is the one who robbed the place. Also, because she has a daughter.” Derek told us. The guys agreed with him. “As for the jewelry, well we need to sell it. We need to see who would by it from us. Tomorrow night, Austin, Jacoby and I will go to the underground. Caleb, you are staying here with Dakota and Lily. Dakota, you are welcome to take one piece of jewelry if you’d like.” Derek finished telling us what we were going to do.

I got up and went to the bag that had the jewelry. I went through it and finally got a ring. It was an engagement ring, but I didn’t care. I loved how it looked and that was all that mattered.

I went to my room and got ready for bed. I put my ring in my jewelry box. In the past year I have gotten quite a lot of jewelry. Derek always let me pick out one of whatever I wanted. I also had a few bracelets and rings that I bought or the guys bought for me.

I smiled as I closed the jewelry box. I made my way over to Lily’s crib to check on her. Once I knew she was fine, I went to my bed. I laid down and pulled the blankets up to my face. I fell asleep to Lily breathing quietly.

X

I woke up in the middle of the night to Lily crying. I got up and went to her crib and picked her up. I carried her to the kitchen so I could get her a bottle of milk. One of the guys usually made a bottle before going to bed which helped me a lot. I opened the fridge and found the bottle. I took the lid off and put it in the microwave for ten seconds. Once it finished, I put the lid back on and gave it to Lily. She quickly stopped crying. I carried her back to our room. I rocked her back and forth in my arms as she slowly fell back to sleep. I laid her in her crib once again. I propped the bottle up using a blanket. I then went back to bed.

I laid there listening to Lily until I heard a noise outside my room. I stayed still and listened once again. I heard the noise again. I got up quickly and went to Lily. I picked her up and quickly went to the room across from mine which was Derek’s room.

“Derek!” I whispered as I got to his bed. “Derek!” I said a little bit louder. “Derek, someone is outside.” I told him as I shook him awake.

He quickly got up. He grabbed a gun from one of his drawers. He told me to tell the others so I did. I went back to Derek’s room and laid Lily on the bed. I went to the drawer that Derek got his gun from. I grabbed my gun. I never used a gun unless it was for mine and Lily’s safety. Now was one of those times. I would shoot the person if I had to. There was no way I’d let them get to Lily.

I sat down on the bed. I glanced over to Lily to see that she was asleep. I watched the door and listened for any noises. I heard footsteps walking in the hallway. I lifted up my gun and pointed it at the door. I didn’t know who it was, but I wanted to be ready if it wasn’t one of the guys. The door opened. I squinted my eyes and noticed it was Austin. I put my gun down.

“Derek said to get you and Lily out of here.” he spoke quietly.

I put my gun on the dresser and picked up Lily. We went across the hall to my room and I began throwing whatever I need into my bag as Austin got Lily’s diaper bag ready. Once I was ready, I slipped on a pair of shoes and followed Austin to the garage. I put the bags on the floorboard of the car and got in. I had to hold Lily since there wasn’t room for a car seat. Austin began driving. We had a little tunnel so we could escape without anyone seeing us. It was part of our hidden garage. Once we got out of it, Austin began driving fast. He didn’t drive as fast as usual since we had Lily in the car, but it was still fast.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Derek wouldn’t tell me. All he said was to get you and Lily and leave.” Austin was watching the road as he spoke.

“Did you see anyone?” I asked. Austin shook his head no.

It was silent once again. I glanced down at Lily. She was asleep in my arms. I decided to look out the window. I had no clue to where Austin was taking us.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the comments. they helped me so much. this is the only other chapter i have written and it isn't edited yet. sorry that there isn't a description yet and the characters aren't up. i know the layout sucks. i haven't been on here for months and the layout has changed. The more i tried fixing it, the more i messed it up. honestly, i will probably never write anymore of this story. my only stories that get read are fan-fics, so i will keep with those.

outfits