Status: I'm rewriting this story! Hope you like the changes:)

Imaginary

Prologue

"Alex, are you awake?" The door gave a slight creak as Skylar peeked her head through the door. She spotted her young sister, Alex, tangled with her bed sheets, fast asleep still. Skylar didn't blame her, since it was the weekend and, according to the watch Skylar wore on her wrist, it was only merely a little after ten in the morning. Skylar approached her sister's sleeping form, a smile at how she positioned while she slept. Skylar placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking her, trying to awake her from her slumber.

"Alex, wake up." Alex stirred, turning her body away from her sister. Skylar puffed her cheeks with frustration, but the determination still lingered in her eyes. Skylar spotted the baby blue curtains that shielded the bright, morning sun. A smirk played upon her lips and she walked over to the shades. With one single motion, she forced the curtains open, the sun pouring into the dark room, glowing the room with light. Alex greeted it with a groan, turning on her side to face her sister. She blocked the sun rays with her arm, trying to meet eye-to-eye with her sister. Skylar grinned.

"Happy birthday sis!" She threw her arms around her little sister's form in a tight embrace. Alex smiled, returning her hug by wrapping her arms around her.

"Thanks, Sky. Now, why did you wake me up so early?" Alex asked, rubbing her right eye, hopefully to cure her blurry eye site. Sky smiled, pulling her half-asleep sister out of bed. Alex shivered as the cold air greeted her olive colored skin, forming goosebumps. Skylar shoved Alexandria into her bathroom. When Alex turned to help confirm why she was in here, the door was shut in her face.

"Take a shower and change! I have a surprise for you!"

_________________________

After Alex was showered and dressed, Sky walked in, grabbed her forearm, guiding her to her 'surprise'

"Where exactly are we-"

"Happy birthday, Alex!" Alex gawked at the scene before her, her hand reached to her mouth as a gasp escaped her lips. Her friends; Roxanne, Nikki, David, Zack, and Ryan were all gathered together. The living room was decorated with blue balloons and green streamers. At the last minute, Nikki blew her small horn, which made the room erupt into laughter.

"Thank you guys!" Alex grinned. Sure, it might seem small to some people, but she got what she had requested, her friends with her on her birthday. Sky smiled, hugging her sister once more before disappearing into the kitchen to prepare the cake for everyone. Everyone group hugged Alex, which didn't go so well since Alex was short.

"Alright, everyone! Time to sing happy birthday!" Sky called from the kitchen. Everyone cheered and dragged Alex up to her cake. Everyone began to sing the traditional, while Alex stood there awkwardly, but she still kept the bright smile on her features. The song ended and Alex closed her eyes, thinking of the right wish for the year.

'I wish for the best year, happiness.'

With that wish pasted in her mind, she inhaled and blew the flame on the candles all out. Nikki, once again, blew the horn.

"Now its time to party!" Everyone cheered. Nikki turned on the stereo and music blasted throughout the household. Everyone was dancing, chatting. All Alex had to say was,

This was the best day ever.

_____________________________

"Okay, everyone, time to leave!" Everyone groaned in disagreement. Skylar rolled her eyes, shutting of the music. Sky tapped her watch, showing it was past curfew.

"Its already almost midnight, come on! You all have school tomorrow too!" At that call, everyone began to grab all their belonging's and leave the house.

"See you at school tomorrow. Freshmen!" Nikki and Roxanne reminded her. Alex laughed, nodding. Everyone hugged her and left out the door.

"Thanks, Sky. I had a great day." Alex smiled. Skylar pulled her sister into a warm embrace.

"Anytime, kiddo. Hey, can you help me clean up?" Alex laughed, nodding. Skylar tossed her a black, plastic trash bag. Alex opened it up and began picking up all the red solo cups off the floor.

"Hey, Alex?" Alex got off the floor, coming over to her sister, who had been busy fixing the couches. Alex asked her what happened,

"Isn't that Ryan's cell?" Skylar's index finger pointed towards a certain spot on the couch. Alex's eyes followed and retrieved the device from its place, identifying it. It was a black iPhone with a phone cover that read 'Black Veil Brides' on the back. Yep, of course it would be Ryan's, he had a obsession with this band, Alex thought to herself. Not that she was complaining, since she liked the band also.

"Yeah, it is." A smirk reached Sky's lips. Skylar knew of Alex's small crush on Ryan, so she gave her a teasing suggestion.

"I think he might need that for tomorrow, eh?" Alex's eyes flickered to her sister, confused as to what she was trying to say, "Maybe you should return it to him."

A small blush appeared on Alex's cheeks, she looked away from her sister, finding sudden interest in her converse shoes.

"N-now?" Skylar nodded, her smirk widening. Skylar went to the coat hanger that was by the front door, grabbing Alex's black jacket.

"Here," Skylar tossed Alex's jacket to her, which she caught, "Its cold out." Alex gulped the lump that had formed in her throat. Calm down, Alex, I'm just returning his phone, Alex tried convincing herself.

"Alex, hurry up, its getting late also." Skylar unlocked the front door, opening it up for Alex to walk out. A blast of wind entered the house, even though Alex already put on her coat, she shivered. Alex walked out the door, Skylar watched her walk down the road.

"Be careful, Alex! Hurry back!"

_________________________________

Alex walked down the road, she kept reciting the directions to his house over and over in her mind, trying to reassure herself she was going the right way. Alex retrieved his cell phone from her coat pocket, staring at the cellular device with slight annoyance. She was sure she had seen him grab it when he left, why did he have to forget it? Why did Skylar have her go now? Why not tomorrow, or the next time he may visit? Alex sighed, placing the phone back in her pocket. She checked her surrondings, since she figured this was where Ryan lived, but no. Where her location was dark, no houses were around, it was just a empty alley, a dead end. Alex came to the conclusion that she was lost.

Alex retrieved her cell from her pocket, dialing her Sky's number and hit call. She pressed the phone to her ear, but their was no ringing or anything, just plain silence. No connection. She ended the call, she cursed under her breath. What was she going to do now? She didn't know this location and how far she was from home. She scanned her surroundings once again hoping to spot a car going by or anybody walking by that can help, but this place was deserted.

Thats when she heard the sound of tires screeching, she turned on her heel. A high, speeding car was coming at her, it seemed they couldn't see her. She tried to force her feet to move, but to no avail, her feet stayed firmly to the ground. She felt like a deer caught in headlights. Alex shut her eyes, ready for her end.

The car hit her full force, she felt her bones shatter within her. She screamed out, hoping for the driver to hear and get help, but, the car just ran right over her and drove off. Her vision was blurry, she can feel the pool of blood surrounding her broken body. She didn't dare move. This was her fate? She asked herself. Dark spots started to appear in her vision. She knew she was going to die then and there. No help can come, her family and friends had no idea of her location. This area was deserted, of course their would be no one around, especially a police officer or ambulance.

She closed her eyes, letting the darkness over take her, silently whispering,

"Goodbye."
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't the end, this is only the beginning.