Status: I'm rewriting this story! Hope you like the changes:)

Imaginary

Call Of Tragedy

It was the next morning. Everybody would still be snuggled in their bed covers, fast asleep.

A ringing awoke Skylar from her deep slumber. She rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her vision enough to spot what was making that annoying sound. Her eyes fell on her cell that laid on her nightstand, vibrating, her phone screen lighting up. She grabbed it, not bothering to check the caller ID and hit answer, pressing the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" Skylar threw the covers off her, letting her legs fall to the side of the bed.

"Yes, this is she." She responded to the woman's question. She glanced at the clock that hung above the door of her room, which read four in the morning. Who would be calling at this hour? She tried searching her mind for any suggestions, but none connected with the current call.

"The hospital," Her eyebrows knitted in confusion, "Whats going on?" Her confusion slowly morphed into worry. Why was the hospital calling her? She had no other family then Alex...Oh no, could it be one of her friends?

Skylar's eyes widened, her phone fell from her grasp, and hit the floor with a loud thud.

"A-Alex?" Her hand flew to her mouth, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to escape. She hoped and prayed that this was all a joke and see Alex jump out in front of her at any moment now, but that wasn't the case.

Alexandria really was hit by a car.

______________________

Nikki and Roxanne were walking down the pathway to Alex's house, wondering what her excuse was for missing out on the first day of freshmen year. It wasn't like her to skip, especially today.

It was the sound of screeching tires that frightened them from their conversation. A black, Ford mustang screeched to a stop next to them, but by seeing the car they already knew who drove it. Ryan rolled down his window, the sight of him made the two friends relieved, of course, he would know why Alexandria skipped.

"Hey Ry-"

"Get in." Roxanne gave him a look of confusion, while Nikki held a bunch of questions.

"What? Why?" Ryan's eyes lowered, and the girls noticed how his grip tightened on the steering wheel to the point his knuckles turned pale. He inhaled a staggered breath, trying to meet eye-to-eye with the girls. How could he tell them this? Why couldn't have been Sky? They would be devastated, but isn't everyone?

"Guys, Alexandria was hit by a car. We need to head to the hospital, now." Roxanne and Nikki's eyes went wide. Roxanne covered her mouth, trying to hide the gasp that escaped her lips, tears already rimming her eyelids. Nikki covered her face, trying to hide the tears that were escaping her eyes.

"R-Ryan, if this is a freaking joke, its not-"

"Why would I joke about something as serious as this, Roxy?!" Ryan barked, causing her to flinch. Ryan looked away from the sobbing girls. Trying to keep his composure at ease.

"Just get in the damn car, or I'll leave without you guys." He hissed through gritted teeth. Truth be told, he wanted to break down and cry along with them, but, someone had to help keep everyone strong, and his guess was he was going to be the only one. The two girls moved quickly into the back seats, knowing Ryan was going to keep that promise about leaving them if they didn't hurry. At the sound of the backseat door closing, Ryan started the engine, hit the gas, and sped off towards their location, the hospital.

_______________________________

Skylar was seated in the waiting room of the hospital, impatiently waiting the fate of her little sister, the only family she had left, well, more like the only one who would be there for her. Sky has been waiting for hours and hours, hoping that the doctor to walk out at any second, telling her Alexandria was going to be alright, but no, that one wish hasn't come true..yet at least, she thought to herself.

"Skylar!" She turned her head, seeing familiar girls with her best friend. They group hugged her, but that only made Skylar's tears come back.

"Has the doctor said anything to you?" Ryan asked, hoping they told her good news. Skylar shook her head, wiping her tears away with a tissue that she kept, which was already stained black from her mascara and eyeliner.

"I-I've been waiting for input, b-but-" Roxanne draped a arm over her shoulder, trying to console her enough to speak, but she didn't have the ability as more sobs escaped her lips and her body shook. Ryan pulled Skylar into a comforting hug, trying to calm her sobs, stroking the top of her head.

"She's going to be alright, Sky." Ryan consoled, well, more like he was trying to convince that statement to himself. He kept repeating soothing words to her until her sobs silenced.

"Family of Alexandria Imaginary?" The group looked up, hope reached their eyes when the spotted Alex's doctor, Dr.Stone. The group stood from their seats in the waiting room, the doctor spotted them, and walked over.

"Is she alright, Dr.Stone?" Skylar sniffled, wiping at her eyes a tissue. Dr.Stone sighed.

"Well, their's good news and bad news," The group all went tense at the sound of 'bad news'

"The good news is, Alexandria did do well in surgery," The group breathed out a sigh of relief, until Skylar asked the question that haunted her mind.

"The bad news?" Dr.Stone hesitated, exhaling a deep breath.

"The bad news is...Alexandria is in a coma."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter in my opinion didn't go out so well :/ I was going to have this published yesterday, but I was too busy with school work. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! :)