Common Girl

Awkward Encounters

It was dead silent. Not a word was heard from either of the three until Ella broke the silence.

"Well... I will leave this between old friends..." And slowly backed away, only to have both boys grab her arm and tell her to "stay." She listened obediently because she didn't want them to kill each other.

"Hello Max" Ronnie said through gritted teeth.

Years had passed but nothing could make Ronnie shake his hatred for his betraying ex best friend. They could be civil but deep inside there was still a burning detest dying to come out. Adding to the fact he was just hitting on his best friend Ronnie's self control was no where to be found.

"Hey... Ronnie" Max nibbled nervously on his hip rings, not making eye contact, for obvious reasons.

The had admitted a long time ago that they had both fucked up, that didn't mean everything could be back to normal. Max still betrayed Ronnie and Ronnie still hurt Max. Nothing could erase that. Ronnie didn't feel much guilt, but you could tell that Max did.

Ronnie draped his arm around Ella and she stepped closer to him as a reflex. It was silent but neither Max nor Ronnie wanted to walk away... That would show weakness and fear.

A bubbly brunette girl skipped over and placed Max's arm over her our shoulder. "Who's you're friends?" She chirped happily. She then looked at Ella and her face dropped.

Before anyone could notice the brunettes sudden change Ella's fist collided with her face sending her staggering back. She gasped holding her clearly fake nose.

"Ella!" Ronnie scolded.

"Thank you!" Max praised. The girl gasped again.

"What the fuck was that for?" Ronnie asked in disbelief.

"She deserved it" She spat. She then turned back to the girl "Julia, I swore on my life I'd kick you're ass next time I saw you and that hasn't changed" And punched her again. Max caught her from falling on her ass though much to Ell's disappointment.

"Max what the fuck did she do to Ella?" Ronnie demanded.

"Dude... I don't fucking know" He laughed "But she probably does deserve it" He chuckled.

"She got me kicked out of school that's what she did!" She yelled kicked Julia in the stomach with her high heal shoes. This time Max couldn't catch her and she fell in a ball.

"Ella! Stop it! Max got me put in jail and kicked out of my band and I'm not kicking his ass now stop it!" He wrapped his arms tightly around Ella so she couldn't attack her anymore.

Max went pale at the thought of Ronnie beating him up. He helped Julia up with her leaning dramatically on him and she then got the nerve to actually talk "Ella, you bitch! You deserved what I did!" She spat.

"I was 14!" And somehow she got out of Ronnie grip and started to choke her.

"Jesus Christ!" Max exclaimed.

"Ella, damn it!" Ronnie pried her hands from the girls throat.

"Julia what the hell did you do to her?" Max demanded. He didn't really like Julia and was now very interested in Ella.

"Nothing she didn't deserve" She mumbled.

"Really bitch?! You think 13 year old orphans deserve to be abused on a daily basis for doing nothing at all?" Ella growled.

Julia gaped, not thinking Ella would admit to what happened.

"What you think I'm going to keep that to myself!? You're father abused me and two other foster kids for years and I'm the one who got him arrested! You got pissed and sold me out for selling drugs at school! Now my life is fucking hell!" Ella screamed over the music trying desperately to get out of Ronnie's hold.

Max's jaw fell to the floor "What the hell is wrong with you Julia? How could you do that to someone!" He knew Julia was just a whore and didn't have a heart but really? Could anyone keep there mouth shut watching that?

"Seriously? Who does that?" Ronnie joined in on the hate.

"What? She deserved it! She is nothing but a stupid drugged up slut!" She exclaimed slapping Ella. Ronnie Let Ella go now.

"I wasn't then! I was innocent in every way then! I wasn't a drugged up slut until after that!" Ella exclaimed.

She punched her hard in the face, taking her hair and pulling her to collide with her knee and then letting her fall to the floor. She then walked out with her pride well in hand and waited to go home.

Both Max and Ronnie stared down at Julia on the club floor with disgust. They then made eye contact together and walked out to find Ella. They didn't talk they just walked. Max didn't know Ella but he wanted to apologize for the behavior of his... Girlfriend. Of course Ronnie was going to talk to Ella about her actions because if he can refrain from beating Max she should refrain from almost killing Julia.

She sat on the sidewalk with a bored expression. "Hey Ell" Ronnie said sitting next to her. "Hi..." Max said awkwardly doing the same.

Ella smiled "Sorry about you're girl bro...." She chuckled.

"No, no I'm sorry about her... I never knew she was that much of a bitch" Max said giving a sympathetic smile.

Ella simply laughed it off, like nothing happened. She leaned into Ronnie and he protectively wrapped his arms around her. Ronnie kissing the top of her head and Max continued to apologize about Julia.

"So this you're girlfriend man?" Max asked finally. He had been wondering that since their awkward encounter. But Ella still let Max flirt with her so he was rather confused.

Ronnie laughed "No man, she's 17". Ella gave a sheepish smile to Max silently telling him she is still off limits.

Max's eyes widened "I never would have guessed" He laughed but other wise didn't seem bothered by her young age. "But if you don't mind me asking... How do you guys... Like..."

"Know each other?" Ella laughed "I'm a real big fan" She gave a evil grin that said it was the end of the conversation.

Max studied Ronnie's face, he had changed so much.... He was no longer the young, skinny boy with eye liner and skinny jeans. He was a strong, muscly man with tattoo's taking up most of his tan skin.

"You've changed" He mumbled to Ronnie.

"I know" He replied simply.

"You know Ronnie, it hurt...." Max said looking down at his hands. "Touring without you.... Concerts, practice, hell even writing songs hurt without you"

Ronnie didn't answer, waiting to hear the rest. "And for the longest time, I thought only about going to see you... But I didn't want to look at you through a piece of glass with hand cuffs on and guards behind you and know I'm the reason you're there...

I wanted to see you in high school, sitting in you're bed with a note pad and pen writing whatever you felt... But I knew... I mean I know that I wont ever see you like that again. Not then, not now and not ever.... And it hurts" Max admitted with his head down and emotion clear in his voice.

Ronnie opened his mouth to speak but shut it because Max continued "I did it for a reason.... Call me selfish but I wanted you back... When you went to prison you were nothing like the Ronnie I knew and loved and I wanted you back so bad that I let them take you away....

Because I hoped to god it would fix you and it did, I see it right now... The way you hold her, the way you're calm and at ease... The way I can see inspiration swimming in you're eyes just like when we were kids.

See you were dying Ronnie, there was no love, no compassion... Nothing that made you who you are was left when you went to prison. I look at you right now and it's all back... Everything" He whispered the last part quietly.

"Thank you" Ronnie said back.... "Thank you, because you did the right thing... I... I am glad that you did that because you're right.... I was dying and I needed help and I would have never stopped on my own" Ronnie actually looked at Max now.

"Miss you man" Max smiled.

"You too bro"

There was a long silence, it wasn't an awkward one... But a content one. Ronnie and Max stared at each other for a long time just smiling and enjoying the fact they had gotten to say what needed to be said.

"Everything is perfect!" Ella exclaimed. "Everything!" She cheered happily.

The boys laughed at her and she dragged them both inside. The night continued as planned but with an extra member to there group. Ella drank a lot and was mildly drunk, dancing with Ronnie.

Ella some how found Jacky and jumped on his back "Jacky! You will never guess what happened! Max and Ronnie are good now!" She screamed in his ear.

"Are you high?" He asked actually concerned for her mental health at this point. He knew is was very unlikely that they could be on speaking terms.

"High on life!" She screamed dragging him to the bar where the two men were talking with drinks in there hand.

"Holey hell" He muttered with his think accent.

"I know right? Now come we must dance to celebrate"

Max and Ronnie sat at the bar drinking and talking. It reminded them of life before everything went to shit. It felt nice for the both of them. Ella bragged to the whole band how she just beat someone up and now Max Green and Ronnie Radke are at the bar drinking and laughing like good old times. No one believed her until she pointed them out in the crowd and then they gasped over the sight.

"So Ronnie, I understand if you say no.... But would you and Ella maybe want to hang out again... I mean she seems like a really cool kid and.... I just really miss you...." Max purposed awkwardly.

"Of course man" Ronnie gave a sincere smile.

They were interrupt by Jacky walking up with Ella slung over his shoulder kicking and screaming madly. Max chuckled and Ronnie asked "Whatcha doing there Jacks?"

"Guess what I just found!" He exclaimed excited.

"NO! Jacky I swear if you tell anyone you will die in you're sleep! I live with you now remember!?" Ella shrieked.

"Dying is so worth telling Ronnie this!"He laughed and almost dropped Ella.

Max and Ronnie shot each other confused look "Whats up Jacky?" Ronnie asked.

"I just found Ella making out with a chick!" He screamed through laughs.

"You're dead Vincent!"

Ronnie's jaw fell open and he swore it hit the floor. He could hardly understand anything that was going on "YOU WHAT?!" He growled darkly.

"See! I told you he would be mad!" Ella groaned hitting Jacky's arm. He had put her back on her feet even though she would probably beat him to a bloody pulp now.

Ronnie still just stared. "With who?" He asked through gritted teeth. He wasn't at all bothered by the fact she was kissing a girl, more just that she was making out with someone who wasn't him. Wait no, someone who wasn't with good intentions for his best friend. That's better.

"I donno... Just someone..." She giggled staring down at her feet "Why you jealous I got a girl and you didn't?" She teased.

"No! It's just.... You're not supposed to... To kiss other people...." He mumbled.

"Awe" She mewed, hugging him "You're so cute when you're jealous" She slurred drunkly in his ear. He shivered as her cold breathe ghosted down his neck.

He couldn't help but move his hands around her waist. Max and Jacky exchanged knowing grins. She just stayed nuzzled into his neck drunkly giggling and not really knowing what was going on until she felt him pick her up over his shoulder and begin to walk. She stayed silent and enjoyed the strange passing lights.

Before she knew it she was being gently thrown into a bed that smelled strongly of Ronnie. She absent mindedly giggled some more and looked around the room. Yup, this was Ronnie's room and it was nice. She liked it a lot.

"Why am my here?" She slurred at Ronnie who was standing over her.

"You got drunk" He said sternly.

She giggled again "You're cute when you're angry"

He sighed knowing he would get know wheres with this. He took off his shirt and threw it to Ella, turning his back to his closet to change into sweat pants. Once he turned he noticed Ella struggling to get changed her self.

She had his T-shirt on but seemed to give up getting her skirt and shoes off. Ronnie sighed and walked over to her removing her shoes and tights and then giving her a skeptical look... Reluctantly he tugged the small piece of clothing off her hips and disregarded it with her other clothes. She pulled the shirt down to cover her black panties and rolled under the covers.

"You're explaining yourself in the morning little miss" He scolded opening his arms for her to cuddle into his chest.

"Okay" She yawned.

He watched her breathing slow and knew she was asleep. He petted her hair for another 10 minutes before deciding on sleep himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and there is way to much dialog but still... Enjoy :3