With the Voice of an Angel She Mesmerized Me...and My Best Mates

Chapter Two - this couldn't happen in a dream

CHAPTER TWO:

Hillary finished her piece on the quaint little stage and humbly took the outstanding feed back from Panic! At the Disco and Tristan. Riddles stomach was a knot she was going to puke, she was about to sing to her idols. She stepped out onto the stage and swallowed.
“Okay Riddle, blow us away,” Tristan said looking up at her hopefully, Riddle was one of the best students they’d ever had at the academy and the upcoming workshop was going to be her big break. Riddle nodded weakly, and her fingers began to move.
“heard there was a secret chord
that david played and it pleased the lord
but you don't really care for music, do you
well it goes like this the fourth, the fifth
the minor fall and the major lift
the baffled king composing hallelujah

hallelujah...

well your faith was strong but you needed proof
you saw her bathing on the roof
her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
and from your lips she drew the hallelujah

hallelujah...

baby i've been here before
i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
i used to live alone before i knew you
i've seen your flag on the marble arch
but love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

hallelujah...

well there was a time when you let me know
what's really going on below
but now you never show that to me do you
but remember when i moved in you
and the holy dove was moving too
and every breath we drew was hallelujah

well, maybe there's a god above
but all i've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
it's not a cry that you hear at night
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

hallelujah...”
She sung her heart out, and strummed on the acoustic guitar, the song went on, and Riddle kept on singing fuelled by memories better not let out of the closet. By the time it was over, silence filled the room, and she curled over her face in her hands and she sobbed for she hadn’t sung that song since…she cut off her trail of thought not willing to wall into a complete breakdown, she didn’t wait to hear the end of the applause or the comments that would’ve been filled with astonished praise, she merely swung the guitar onto her back and walked off that stage, she moved hoping no one would notice her, of course she didn’t have that sort of luck but people knew well enough to leave her alone. She huddled in the back corner nursing the guitar like a best friend she’d long lost, resting her head in the crook of her arm as she continued to cry. People left her alone, that was except for one person. A hand lightly touched her shoulder and she heard knees crack as someone crouched to her height.
“Hey are you okay?” Asked the vaguely familiar voice, Riddle looked up lightly, to see Ryan Ross crouching in front her …touching her. This was definitely a dream, so no harm in being honest right.
“Do I look alright?” She squeaked out wiping underneath her eyes.
“Well you’re beautiful if that’s what you mean.” Ryan said softly, see this had to be a dream. “But you don’t look alright emotionally.” He said soothingly. She looked up at him with curious nutmeg eyes.
“Tell me, is this some kind of twisted dream?” She asked quietly.
“If this was a dream I doubt you’d be crying,” Ryan said, lifting her chin lightly with his fingers, “And besides this couldn’t happen in a dream.” He breathed, and before he knew what he was doing he kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
i do not own any of the lyrics to Hallelujiah