Ghost of You

Pineapples and Grapes

Leila's POV

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. It's my fault she hates me now. She's right too. I'm a sick person, aren't I? I mean, I talk to the dead! How much sicker could I get?! I twirled the small pocket knife, admiring the way the sunlight reflected off the blade, starting to fiddle with it. There was only one thing that was keeping me from doing anything with the knife. One person. Gerard. There was just... Something about him... I guess I have developed a small crush on him...
"Leila?" His voice sounded behind me. I stood up and looked, seeing Gerard smile as I came into view.
"Uh hey." I waved. "What's wrong?"
"I thought something happened and got worried." he explained. "Are you ok?!"
"Yes Gerard, I'm fine." I laughed. He actually cared about me. Okay. Never mind. I love him.
"good." he sighed and pulled me into a hug. Slowly I squirmed my way out of it. "You okay?" He asked and frowned again.
"Yeah. If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Frank." I mumbled and walked away leaving Gerard alone. I had to tell Frank about my feelings for Gerard... He is Gerards dead boyfriend after all.
"Leila? Gees been looking all over for you!" he pointed out.
"I know, he found me already. But I need to tell you something..."
"What is it?" he asked, tilting his head.
"I think I kinda... No... I really like Gerard..." I whispered.
"It's okay." he replied after a long awkward pause. "I love him with all my heart but its not like I can give him anything.. I'm dead! Its okay with me."
"Really...?"
"Go for it." he nodded.
"Oh thank you for understanding Frank!" I exclaimed, wishing I could hug him. Frank nodded and waved to someone behind me. I turned, seeing Gerard standing there.
"Looks like I have to go. See ya later Frank!" I smiled and skipped over to Gerard. We walked in silence for a few minutes, both of us having nothing to say.
"Have you ever liked someone that you know you shouldn't, Gerard?" I blurted.
"Um... Yeah I guess... I know she doesn't feel the same way too. Why?" He asked, giving me a confused look.
"Wait... 'she'?"
"Yeah. Its a girl." He laughed.
"What about Frank?"
"I'll always love Frank, and I'll always miss him. But... I need to move on. You guys were right. It does no good for me to stay hung up over it. So, I've moved on." He smiled.
"Well. I'm sure she's a great person." I nodded, and saw that we had arrived at my house. "Um... see ya later Gee."
"Yeah. See ya!" He smiled and walked away. I turned and ran up the house and into my bedroom. He liked someone else.

Gerards POV

"stupid stupid stupid!" I yelled at myself. I could have told her. I shouldhave told her. I know Frank doesn't mind that I like her, I had told him on my way home earlier. He told me I had to tell her, though. I sighed. Maybe he's right. Slowly I grabbed my phone and texted Leila.

'Hey, meet me at the park in 10 minutes?
- G'

'On my way! :) - L'

I smiled and slid the phone back into my pocket and put on a jacket. I grabbed my guitar and left, smiling still and proud of myself for finally getting the guts to tell her.
"She's a lucky girl, Gee." I remember Frank telling me. He smiled, as if he knew something that I didn't.

"Gerard? Hey." Leila smiled. Her blonde hair was tied up in a messy ponytail with the same black bow as always and her eyes still the same pale blue that I loved.
"Oh hey."
"Whats up?" She asked, sitting down on a swing.
"I want to show you something..." I bit my lip and sat on the swing next to me and picked up the acoustic guitar. Leila opened her mouth to say something, but I interrupted her thought and began to play.

'When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind
He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it
And my momma swore that
She would never let herself forget
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist

But darlin'

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Or keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm content
With loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

I've got a tight grip on reality, but I can't
Let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning, when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream
Ooh Ooh...

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception..

And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing...'

Leila sat on the swing, staring at me in awe. Her mouth hanging open and her eyes wide.
"Is that supposed to mean what I think it means...?" She asked, a smile slowly spreading across her face.
"Um... if you think it means that I love you then... yeah..." I mumbled sheepishly. Leila stood up and set the guitar on the ground, pulling me up off the swing. She stared up into my eyes and placed a small kiss on my lips.
"Thats exactly what I thought you meant." She giggled and rested her hands on my shoulders. "I love you too Gerard." She smiled and hugged me.
I grinned.
"That being said..." I started and pulled back so I could look at her. "Will you be my girlfriend, Leila?" I blushed and bit my lip as I waited for the reply.
"Yes." She squealed and hugged my tighter. I looked over her shoulder to see Mikey leaning up against a picnic table, smirking.
"It appears my big bro finally moved on." He laughed. Leila turned to look at Mikey. "Ah I could tell you two would end up together. And I've barely known you for a day, Leila."
"Thanks, i think." She mumbled shyly and blushed.
"Mikey, why are you even here?" I raised an eyebrow at my younger brother. He laughed again and pulled a sheet of paper out of his back pocket, adjusting his glasses to read it.
'Dear diary.
I just told Frank about my feelings for Leila. Shes the most amazing girl in the whole entire world. But I'm not good enough for her, she deserves better than me. Although, Frank has been really supportive of it and I think I should at least try, right? I just texted her telling her to meet me at the park in a few minutes so... here goes nothing.'

"MIKEY!" I scowled. "WHY WERE YOU IN MY ROOM?"
"I wasn't." He shrugged. "you left this on the couch in the living room. I got curious. Oh and by the way... you keep a diary..?" He smirked.
"Shut up." I blushed.
"I think its kinda cute that you mentioned me in your 'diary'." Leila giggled.
"LEILA AND GEEGEE SITTIN IN A TREE. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Mikey began dancing around.
"MIKEY GO AWAY!" I groaned.
"NO!"
"YES!"
"NO"
"YES"
"Pineapple."
"Pineapple?"
"Grape." He nodded.
"No, you just said pineapple."
"I'm pretty sure I said grape..."
"You said pineapple!"
"Are you sure you're okay Gerard? I think you're hearing things." He laughed again.
"I don't even know whats going on right now..." I groaned. Leila laughed and ruffled my hair.
"Lets go back to my place, so i can introduce you to my mom." She suggested. I nodded, and took her hand as we walked out of the park.
"MIKEY GO HOME!"
"FINE!" He shouted and walked the opposite way.
"That child... Oh god that child..." I shook my head. "Sorry about that..." I apologized.
"Don't be." She smiled. "It was entertaining anyways." She added.
"Yeah whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated this in forever xD Okay, um, I'm sick and don't judge the randomness at the end, mkay? XD okay. COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/RECCOMENT/READ<3