‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 1

It was that time again when I hadn’t been feeling the best of days. I mean, of course being Queen, I have duties, and this is not one of those duties that I’ve been expecting to deal with.

“Are you alright?” that soft voice I’ve come to love asked.

I looked up into his green eyes, and said, “Yea, I’m just feeling a little bit sick right now.”

“How sick?” he asked, sitting down on the bed next to me, and wrapping his warm arms around me. “Lay down.”

I lay down on the bed, and he got on top of me carefully and placed his ear on my stomach. I giggled, and asked, “What are you doing?”

“Shh,” he told me, and listened carefully before getting up and saying, “I think we should have Moral come in and have a look at you.”

I scrunched up my face, and asked, “Why do you say that?”

He only gave me a secret smile and said, “You’ll see in a bit.”

But with him saying that, made me all the more reason to be a bit curious. I lay there on the bed for a good 20 minutes until Moral, the Royal Physician came in to see me, and so did George.

“Well, how are you feeling today your majesty?” Moral asked, giving me a warm smile.

“Well, I’ve been a bit nauseous lately, a little tired during the day, and feeling a bit of cravings to one thing thrice a day,” I explained, as he pulled my nightgown up my stomach.

Moral has been our family’s doctor for generations, it’s amazing he’s not dust right now; he would’ve been if he lived that long on earth, which would be no surprise. He looks more like everyone else, except he wears long robes that are white and brings his doctor bag everywhere he goes, “Just in case,” and he puts it.

His hair is long as well, but very white, and his skin is as pale as the moon. He’s very gentle when you meet him, and I’ve never ever seen him get mad, and if I ever do, it’ll be a big surprise for me.

“Hmm, alright then, I’ll check to see why this is,” Moral said, pulling on his glasses and taking out his stethoscope and placing it on my stomach.

I giggled a giggled a little because of the coldness of the metal on my warm stomach.

Then I watched as Moral then put the stethoscope over my chest to hear my heart beat. He made funny faces as he wrote down a few notes on his clipboard.

Afterwards, he put my nightgown back down and helped me sit up saying, “I’ll be back with my report,” and then he nodded at George who smiled and nodded back and helped him walk out the room before turning to me with a wide smile on his face.

~~

Later on I was busy reading my favorite book, the girl who never talked, in bed, still waiting for the final results, Moral has been in and out most of the day, and George couldn’t keep that stupid smile off his face, what was his problem?

Then, the door opened, and I didn’t look up to know who it was, until I heard, “Congratulations your Majesty.”

I looked up to see Moral smiling brightly, with his clipboard in his hand, “What?”

“You’re pregnant,” Moral said, his smile getting bigger.

I nodded like it was no big deal until what he said registered in my head, and then…”Oh my…are you serious??”

Moral nodded laughing as I squealed with delight, I couldn’t believe it! Then, all of a sudden, I stopped, and then just as I opened my mouth to say something, George walked in with a crystal red rose in his hand saying, “Congrats my love.”

I took the rose and said, “You’re too thoughtful for me…hold it…you knew about this didn’t you?”

He only grinned, and said, “Just the way I am I suppose,” and then we shared a quick kiss before watching Moral walk out the room smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel's here!! Whooo! Like I said on my notice above, I'm only continuing if I get comments from you ppl and subscriptions, recommendations would be nice too, so how's this for a good start?

~Barbie