‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 2

“Are you excited as I am?” I asked, bouncing on my toes circling around George as he signed the contracts to a bunch of questions our kingdom had.

He looked up and caught me by my waist pulling me to him as he smiled saying, “Yes I am excited, but I’d rather you stop running around or you’ll make yourself dizzy.”

I only pecked his lips and wriggled my way out of his arms before saying, “Yea I know, but…”

He then went back to signing and said, “No buts about it, Moral told you he wanted you to rest, now go lay down,” and without looking up at me, I felt his power pick me up and lay me down carefully on the bed, covering me up afterwards.

He then picked up his papers, and said, “I’ll be working in my study…finishing up so I expect to come back and see you sleeping,” after saying so, he gave me a light kiss on my forehead and then left me to try to get some sleep.

~~

“Well, this is good news isn’t it?” said my mother as I felt her smile down on me as I rested in bed.

I opened my eyes slowly, and looked around to see that I wasn’t alone. My mom, my dad, and Moral was sitting on the side of the bed talking quietly, none of them noticed me wide awake.

“Mom,” I asked, looking at them all turn their heads and smile. I suddenly felt myself blush as I forgot what to say.

“How are you feeling dear?” my mom asked, stroking my cheek softly and smiling.

“Fine, hopefully I’m well rested,” I yawned, and laid back down, the covers were very comfortable at the moment.

“Good, you get some more rest then, your father and I will keep an eye on you both,” my mom replied, kissing my forehead before her and the other two walked out.

I was a little disappointed that my father didn’t say anything to me; maybe he just wasn’t ready for this kind of thing.

I sighed heavily and then dropped off to sleep.

It was strange how I woke up not in my bed, but in a dungeon. I looked at my clothes to see that they weren’t my robes, but rags.

I looked around, the cell was dark and there also was a bowl that had some kind of weird liquid in it. I sniffed it and then jumped away when I smelt that it was poisonous water.

“You haven’t touched your water your majesty,” a dark voice said.

I looked up to see a shadowy figure walking up to me; I scampered away from the bars of the cell. “Who are you?”

My voice was weak and small, and I stared up at the figure with fear in my eyes. The figure only chuckled, and said, “Poor Queen Glitch, had nowhere to turn have you?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, anger showing on my features.

“You don’t know…or have you forgotten?” the voice asked chuckling deeply.

The cell door then opened, and I felt his power pull me towards him, his hands clutched my collar as our eyes made contact with each other’s. “I’m only giving you a warning my dear sweet Queen, once you have that child, it will be mine, and there will be nothing you can do to stop me.”

“You won’t take my child, I won’t let you,” I said, narrowing my eyes at the figure.

He only chuckled, and said, “You might be the queen in Startopia, but I’m your worst enemy from Marsopia, and I will get your child, no matter what, or it’s conquering time.”


After that, I woke up holding my neck like I was just being strangled, and looked around; no one was in my room.

Was that real or was it a dream? No, it was a warning…a warning that I should’ve taken seriously, but I didn’t believe it…I probably should have.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of this one?