A Servant for a Mate

Chapter 4 - My Second Chance

Chapter 4 - My Second Chance

Updated version

Edited by Kaitlin

Nickola's POV

I watched as she lay down on the bed, her body shimmying under the silk bed sheets. Wishing with all my being that it were my hands sliding across her soft skin; wanting to hear her moan with pleasure while I do magical things to her.

I've wanted her for years. I may be five years older than her, but that means nothing to me. I loved her none the less because of it.

I didn't know my mate that well. We had only met days before she was murdered by a group of rogues. I was so young that when they attacked I couldn't do anything. Don't get me wrong, I tried; I tried so hard that the last thing I saw before I blacked out was a rogue snapping my mate’s neck. Days later I woke up in a hospital bed my body sore from not moving around. I was later told that when the royal doctors got to me I was hanging on by a thread. They had to pump blood into me because I literally had none. The only donor they could find on such short notice was a little girl I had considered my best friend, but had a little crush on her; her name was Claudia.

That day changed my life for the better. I wasn't like a normal mate grieving for the loss of one’s soul mate. When they transferred her blood into my blood we became bonded. I felt a pull towards her, stronger than even my mates pull. Which I don't understand how that's even possible, but it is. I never told anyone because I didn't want to scare her away. At the young age of twelve she became my entire world. I would do anything to make her happy. She of course wouldn't let me buy her lavish things since she was a servant and didn't want people thinking we were doing things we weren't. How I wished we were when I grew older, but she was still too young to understand so I never once pushed her or told her about our bond.

I didn't want to scare her after her mate had rejected her. She never told me who he was because she knew if she had I probably would have killed him myself for hurting my angel in that way. Yes, I called her my little angel. She was one after all. She may be a servant by title, but I plan on marrying her, making her mine in a couple of years; which I have wanted ever since I was a young teen. She was the only girl who ever understood me growing up and that made our bond stronger at least on my end. Her mate was still alive so there was always a chance he would come back for her. When she goes into heat he will wake up in a dead sweat wanting to be near her, to be fully mated with her. It doesn't matter that he rejected her in the beginning; his wolf will want his mate and push aside his human’s feelings. His wolf will have her if I let him, which I won't. I've asked a couple buddies to watch the house and make sure no wolves enter it. If he or another male tries they will kill them in moments. She won't feel a thing since he already rejected her.

It was a crime in our world to reject your mate for any reason. They didn't care if it was the King and a servant girl. She would be his mate because fate had made it so. If the human side rejected his mate and the wolf didn't take over telling him he was wrong then there was nothing we could do because there was no way to prove other then get them jealous. There would be a punishment decked out if he was found out to be lying and did reject his mate. The same thing went if the female wolf rejected her mate. The only difference would be when the female went into heat and her mate would try to rape her, he would be caught and killed once she was over her heat. Raping a female wasn't allowed in the werewolf community one bit. It was looked down upon.

Anyways, back to when I was younger; her father had saved me from a burning fire. My parents had passed away in it, but he got to me in time. Ever since then I have pledged myself to helping him and his little family. That's why she was my best friend and the one to give me her blood. They knew we had the same blood type. I was always getting her to do reckless stuff, which ended up with us both hurt and in pain. There were days when we would lay around in bed together laughing and having a ball. The other servants wouldn't dare say a word of her not working because they knew they would get shit for it since I was the one taking up her time.

My parents were both officers in the royal army; that's how they met. Their ranks weren't passed down to me, but I was still brought up as an officer's child, so to say the least I was raised in the castle with other officers’ children. I missed them dearly and when I was alone or with Claudia I would cry for my lost parents. She never cared that I was a young man crying for his dead parents. She once told me that if I didn't cry she would think I was crazy and would try and beat me up to make me see sense. I, of course, laughed at her because I could see her really doing it. She may be a small young woman, but she had strength and power. I always wondered where she got it, but we have never come up with an answer that makes sense. Her parents are servants so they wouldn't have any sort of power, what so ever.

To this day I still am puzzled; maybe it's her mate’s powers. That would mean he was high up in our ranks, I guess we will find out tomorrow who the bastard is. I don’t know how he could reject her. If I could have her as my mate I would in a heartbeat.

As we both grew up I decided to follow in my parents footsteps and become a great officer, which I am today. Only twenty-three and one of the best our King has. No, I wasn't being modest, well maybe a little bit, but the King did make me in charge of all his troops. No, we don’t have generals and all that such. Being the head of the troops I was called their Captain; everyone else were called Officers and the only way to determine the rankings were to look at our royal guard tattoo's, that were on our right forearm. In training and war we didn't wear shirts, so there was no mistaking who was who. When you moved up in rank your tattoo would magically change to what it was supposed to be.

I had spent a year away from my angel and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Like I said, she is everything to me and when we were away from her my wolf and I were in fiscal and emotional pain. Standing here in my bedroom doorway I couldn't help to think how my life has gotten better since I came back from my year deployment. Seeing her face instantly made my wolf purr with happiness and joy. My wolf's name is Kane and he is extremely possessive of our little angel.

When we were twenty, we saw some servant boys picking on our little angel. Before they could even finish taunting her, we were soaring vaulting on top of them, scaring the crap out of there little bodies. These boys were no more than fifteen to seventeen years old; at eighteen their bodies go to men, until then they look like little weaklings if they aren’t trained properly. They instantly knew who I was by the color and design on my wolf’s coat. Once they coward back I growled at them telling them to shift. I wanted to teach these scum bags how they would be treated if they bullied anyone ever again. I demanded that they follow me to the field and because of my authority over the men; I knew they were following me.

By the time I reached the field, I had contacted a couple of my burly fighters. All ten of them were warned that these pathetic excuses of wolves were picking on little girls. I didn’t have to say another word because all these men had daughters of their own and felt the same way I did; no one hurts the women in our lives. Without them, we are nothing on this earth. They are here for us to pleasure and respect, not to bully and reject. By the end of the day, those boys knew better than to ever say a hateful word or put an evil hand on a female again. They hated me and my men, but I knew that would happen in the beginning. Once they saw their error in bullying, two actually joined to fight with me. They are now two of my best fighters and friends.

Getting out of my day dream I walk to the bed bringing out the silk ropes I had tied to the bed before leaving to pick her up. Since her mate rejected her, her wolf will go crazy once her heat hits. I don't want her to hurt herself or do something she might regret in the morning; like being fully mated. Hey, I never said I didn't have faults. I wasn't an angel either. If she came at me my wolf would take over and make her ours.

I slowly and softly tied the silk ropes around her hands and legs. By the time I was done she only had two minutes until midnight. I called to make sure the guys were ready and waiting for her if she escaped or if her sorry excuse of a mate showed up. They owed me a favor and this was them paying me back so they had to do it right, if not they would still owe me one.

When the clocks in the house dinged twelve I watched as my angels eyes flew open in a hungry state. Her head snapped toward me, I was at the side of her bed. She started to whimper, her wolf calling towards mine as her body rubbed back and forth between the thin sheets. I had removed all but one very thin sheet. During her heat she would get extremely hot and if she had too many on her she could over heat and hurt herself, which I didn't want.

The pleasure I got from her first words almost sent me tumbling over in need for her. "Nickola, I need you please help me. I can't take it. I need you. Please Nickola, please help me," She spoke with a husky voice as her eyes raked my body. She was undressing me with her eyes.

"Claudia," Just the sound of my voice sent her body thrashing in the sheets. I couldn't stay here right now. "I'm sorry angel I have to leave. I will be back in a while though." The way she was staring me down was too much. If I stayed I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Walking out the door I headed to another bedroom jumping in the shower turning it on cold. I stood there as the cold water hit my body, it helped to cool my body down a little bit, but the thought of her in my bed wanting me, only made my body rock hard again.

“Why don’t you go back to her and let her have her way with us? We don’t have a mate any longer to worry about and she is begging us to take her!” Kane demanded of me.

“I can’t take advantage of her like that Kane. I love her too much to do that to her. You should know that by now.”

“We both love her to the point of it choking us to death. I can’t stand to let her go and if her useless, un-grateful mate comes for her I will shift and kill him on the spot. No one will have what belongs to us now.”

“She doesn’t belong to us though. We had our mate and we lost her!” I tried to reason with it, but it was always pointless. Kane wanted Claudia and her wolf more than anything in the world now that we are mate-less.

“That wasn’t our fault! We tried to save them and it nearly killed us. Our angel is the one that brought us back to life from the brink of death. Don’t you get it, she was made for us. Her mate rejected her for an unreal reason. Don’t let her slip through our fingers. If you do I will never forgive you.”

“I’m sorry; I can’t destroy her chance of being with her mate. Once he smells her arousal all he will ever want is her, even if he didn’t before. His wolf won’t let him deny her now.”

He didn’t respond back knowing that her mate had the right to come and claim her now that she is in heat. Now if he didn’t because maybe he was already dead, than we could claim her as our own; which I was hoping the bastard was. No sane person would reject Claudia.

By the time I stepped out of the shower it was already early-morning and I would be a popsicle from the cold water if my body heat didn’t keep me warm. I didn’t know if she was still in heat, but taking my chances, I change into comfortable clothes and head towards my room. I had moved some of my clothes to this room last night in case this very thing happened.

When I opened the door all the work that the cold shower did was wiped clean away. She looked like a sex goddess; the bed sheet wrapped around her beautiful naked body. Somehow her clothes were gone even though her hands were still tied to the bed. Magic maybe? Her hair was spread out across my pillows making her face look even more enchanting. My fingers twitched to run through it. Bringing my eyes to her face I was startled to see her staring back at me, her eyes wild with lust. Annabelle and her wanted pleasure and they were trying to tell me that.

"Nickola please!"

“I can’t angel, I have to wait and see if your mate comes for you,” I desperately spoke. She didn’t know what her body was doing to me. I ached to touch her, to bring her un-imaginable pleasure.

“I need you Nickola, please help me!”

I watched as her back arched off the ground, making the bed sheet form to every inch of her lush body. I’ve always dreamed of dragging my tongue from her lips down until her special core. Stop it Nickola, you can’t be thinking about that now! If you do than all will be lost and you will let yourself give in.

“Why not give in? You know you want to feel her underneath you. To feel how her body hums with pleasure from yours. Don’t deny yourself what you have always wanted. Take what rightfully belongs to you! Do it before it’s too late. If you wait that bastard of a mate will come and steal her away from you. Do you want that to happen? To lose her for good? He won’t let you see her; he will hide her away from you for the rest of your life and you will die a long and horrible death without her. Go to her! It’s what you both want!”

“Who are you?”

“I’m your conscious. All I’m doing is telling you want you want to here. Now go!”

If it was myself telling me to do it, than it was fine right?

I couldn't help it; I was too weak to deny her anything. Her voice was begging me, turning me on. I wouldn't mate with her, but I would give her pleasure to end her torment.

“Either mate with her or lose her for good!”

“No, I can’t mate with her. She would hate me!”

“Are you sure? She doesn’t have a mate and she has always loved you.”

My minds words were turning me on. I couldn’t fight it. I wanted her so badly.

Walking over to her I lay down on the bed sliding my body up against hers underneath the sheets. My hand slowly glides down her moist body. I couldn't help but watch her reaction as her eyes flutter closes. "Nickola I need you, please don't torture me." With those words I found her core making her moan in pleasure.

“Oh Nickola, please don’t stop.” The little moans escaping her lips changed me. I wanted her and I would have her within the hour.

Inching my head towards her lips I slammed them down on her awaiting ones. The kiss sent tingles throughout my body, setting it aflame. I couldn’t take it any longer; I had to have her fully.

“Angel, don’t hate me when you wake up. I know you want this as much as I do and I promise you I will take care of you for the rest of our lives. I love you angel,” I whispered against her neck.

Shifting my body I slipped between her legs. Leaning down I devour her mouth until we both are out of breath.

“Please Nickola finish me off. I want all of you. I can’t take it any longer.” Her voice came out husky to the point of killing me.

Shifting to enter her, I bring my lips to her neck.

“Yes, mark her! Do it before it’s too late!”

If that stupid voice would shut up I would.

Taking a deep breathe, I ready myself to enter her divine center, but before I could do anything my bedroom door slams open with a feral growl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked Nickola's POV and now understand why he loves her so much.

Do you hate him or like him?

I believe it gives more insight to Nickola than before.

Thanks again for reading.

Tessa