‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

She's in my head And I can't take it

I ran as fast as I could through the terminals. Luckily I was able to switch my flight. My phone vibrated as I was getting on the plane

From pat: dude where are you?


Did I really need to answer this question. 

To Pat: baby


I sent the text hoping he would understand. 

I found my seat and sat down. The plane soon took off. I tapped my foot impatiently, causing a few people to glare at me. An older woman looked at me. 

"are you okay dear?" she asked with an audible British accent. "you seem quite frantic"

"huh? Yeah I'm okay," I was ripped out of my thoughts and I turned to look at her. 

"are you sure hon'?" she asked looking worried.

"yes I'm fine just a bit nervous," I replied. 

"going back home? Second time on a plane?" she kept asking me. 

"I'm going back home but I've been on a plane more than once," I answered. It was nice to talk with someone making the flight go by faster.

"can't this go by faster?" I muttered to myself under my breath. 

"whats the rush?" the woman asked. 

"My girlfriend is pregnant and she called that she may have it today. So That's why I'm her." I explained. 

"I'm sure the baby will wait until you arrive," she squeezed my hand that I rested on my knees and gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Thank you," I nodded in thanks.

"You should sleep young man, it will make the time go by faster," she suggested. And soon I was fast asleep. 

*** 

The plane landed in Phoenix and I was still groggy. As I got off the plane I ran through customs. The officers there were surprised to see that I was in a rush. I got my phone out and I checked my messages. There were Few from the boys and missed calls from Carly. I dialed out her number. Please pick up. Please pick up. Nothing. I started to panic. What if if I was late? I halted down a cab. 

"Tempe General Hospital!" I somewhat yelled. Poor driver, must have thought I was crazy. 

When we arrived at the hospital. I threw some  bills at the driver and ran up the stairs. 

"Where can I find the maternity ward?!" I asked at the front desk. 

"3rd floor, to the right." the nurse at he desk replied looking at me with a weird expression on my face. 

"thank you!" I smiled and I ran for the stairs. Panting I made my way to the desk. 

"hi, my girlfriend should be here. Carly Lawson?" I was out of breath.  

"Yes. You must be John O'Callaghan." the nurse smiled at me. "I'll show you where she is," the nurse got up and led me down the hall. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Thinking of You- The Maine