‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

Growing Up Won't Bring Us Down

“She’s so tiny,” I breathed looking at our daughter. Carly nodded as she fixed the blanket. Being born prematurely, they had to put Jenny in an incubator.

“What about your tour?” Carly asked looking at me.

“I’m not going back until Jenny gets out from the hospital,” I stated.

“You can’t just do that,” Carly looked at me, “What about your fans? Won’t they get mad?”

“Family’s more important.” I shook my head. “The fans will understand.” Yes. Family.

“And what if they don’t?”

“Don’t worry, they will,” I wrapped my arms around her, and kissed her forehead.

“She didn’t want to wait,” Carly laughed.

“But she waited for me,” I added. Carly sat down, on the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired, but I’m so happy.” She smiled.

“Dude!” What was that all about!” I heard and my head shot up. In fell Pat, Jared, Kennedy and Garrett.

“Hey guys!” Carly exclaimed.

“Carly! I’m so happy to see you!” Pat yelled and squeezed her.

“Oh my god Pat. Shh... the baby’s sleeping,” Carly laughed.

The guys crowded around the baby, awwe’ing.

“She’s so little...” Pat looked at Jenny’s sleeping form. He acted like a 5 year old who was looking at his newborn baby sister.

“She’s 10 weeks premature that’s why she’s small and in an incubator.” Carly explained.

“When can I hold her?” Garrett asked.

“Dude, I didn’t even get to hold her” I laughed.

“When she knows how to breathe by herself and when she’s a bit bigger,” Carly rolled her eyes. “You’re all like little kid who never seen a baby before,”


“That’s because we are little kids at heart,” Pat replied.

***
Everyday, we were at the hospital to visit our daughter. Sometimes we stayed overnight.

I was dozing off as Carly sang softly holding Jenny in her arms.

“Good morning,” a voice said.

“Hello Doctor,” Carly replied. I opened my eyes and looked up. I smilied and nodded at the doctor.

“How are you feeling today?” she asked.

“Tired,” Carly and I said in unison. We laughed.

“Good news, Jenny can go home today after we do a checkup to see if everything is fine.” the doctor looked at her clip board.

“That’s awesome news,” I grinned looking at Carly. She nodded and started to gather some of Jenny’s things.

***

“I wish i didn’t have to go back on tour.” I muttered as I hugged Carly.

“Be safe.” She smiled, and kissed me.

“You too, babe. I love you,” I replied.

“Love you more,” she giggled.

“I’ll call you and I want to see my baby girl,” I called out as I started to walk to the bus.

“You will,” Carly yelled back.

I wanted the end of this tour to go by as fast as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Growing Up- The Maine