‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

And We'll Sing It Again

"I wanna see Jenny!" Pat whined as I powered up the laptop.

"Dude, she's my kid not yours."

He groaned and sat in the chair beside me.

Once the laptop was on, I opened Skype and called Carly.

"Look, it's daddy. And uh, uncle Pat." She gently swayed with the baby infront of the screen.

"Yes, uncle Pat!" He smiled.

Half a second later, Jenny started crying.

"She doesn't like uncle Pat." I laughed as Carly tried to calm her down.

"She won't stop.."

Without a second thought I began singing. "Jenny, don't you cry, close your eyes, everything is gonna be alright, you're so young and still so free. Jenny take my hand, understand, I will try to be a better man. Without you there is no me, Jenny."

She quickly quieted, a slight smile on her young face.

"Aw, Johnny!" Pat snickered, and I glared at him.

"When are you coming back for your break?" Carly smiled.

I sighed. "Another two weeks. We just finished the UK, time for Canada, then break for 5 days, the US."

Carly stared down at our baby, smiling. "She's got your green eyes."

I smiled widely. "Let's hope she got the rest from you, we want her to be beautiful, unlike me."

"Ugh, I'm leaving." Pat groaned and walked away.

"I have to put her to bed." Carly nodded. "I love you."

"I love you. Both of you." I smiled as we ended the call.

***

"Thank you Vancouver!" I screamed into the microphone as we began our encore song.

The crowd sang along with me, and I laughed as the guys jumped around on stage. We finished the song and the lights went out, several groans of complaint erupting from the crowd.

I almost wanted to run back out there and sing another song, but we had a schedule.

"Oh my god, they're not leaving." Pat laughed, peeking out at the fans, still standing in an organized cluster yelling for us to come back.

I shrugged and grabbed my acoustic. "Tell them to get the lights, I'm playing one more song."

Pat nodded and ran to tell them.

I walked out on stage, grabbed a stool and sat in front of the mic, all in the dark.

"Hey uh, Vancouver?" I mumbled into it, and the crowd erupted with screams.

"I know this isn't on the set, but I'm in a fucking good mood. How about one more song, just for you?" More screams, and the lights came on.

I smiled at the girls standing at the barricade in front of me. "This song goes out to my three best ladies."

"Before I go, please know I'm trying. Trying to be a better man. Before I leave, please don't get angry. Just dry your eyes and take my hand."

"I'll make this right. Oh, I will try"

"Carly don't you cry, close your eyes, everything is gonna be alright. You're so young and still so free. Carly take my hand, understand, I will try to be a better man. Without you there is no me, Carly."

"There is a boy inside me running, from a man I've yet to meet. I see his face it only scares me. I hope things change eventually."

"I'll make this right. Oh, I'll try."

"Jenny don't you cry, close your eyes, everything is gonna be alright. You're so young and still so free.
Jenny take my hand, Understand, I will try to be a better man. Without you there is no me, Jenny."

"I'll make this right. Oh, I will try."

"Jenny don't you cry, close your eyes, everything is gonna be alright. You're so young and still so free. Carly, take my hand, understand, I will try to be a better man. Without you there is no me, Carly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: We'll All Be - The Maine