‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

And You're struggling, We Won't Let This Slide,

“What will my parents think? What will [your] parents think?! WHAT WILL YOUR FANS THINK?!” Carly asked me when we got home. I placed my hand on her back.

“Calm down Car... Please,” I said softly as we sat down on the couch.

“But seriously John. I can’t do this,” she buried her face in her hands.

“We’ll get through this together,” I assured her. It wouldn’t be easy since I was leaving for a 2 month tour to Europe next week.

“No. Don’t feed me this “get through it together” bullshit because I know your leaving for tour probably next week for an X amount of weeks or months. And it’s hard just dealing with your absence by myself! And now this!” She started to sob.

“I’ll only be gone for 2 months,” I replied softly wrapping an arm around her and stroking her hair as she cried into my shoulder. “And we will get through this together. No matter what. Tour or no tour.”

She nodded and looked up at me. Her face red and blotchy.

“Want some ice cream?” I asked. She nodded smiling a bit. I got up and walked over to the kitchen. Soon I came back with two bowls.

“Here you go my lady,” I grinned and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you John.” she smiled as she took the bowl from me.

“How about a movie?” I asked.

“Yes please,” she sniffed.

“Awe C’mon Carly. Don’t cry. It’s gonna be good.” I wasn’t totally sure if everything was gonna be rainbows and butterflies but it was going to get better. I hope.

***

During the movie, Carly fell asleep on me. I smiled and picked her up bridal style and walked into our room. I gently placed her on the bed. And stripped to my boxers, I lay down and stared at the ceiling. My life will be so different with a baby. I might not be able to go on tour as often. I probably will get a lot of shit from the fans. I don’t think I’ll ever wrap my head around the fact that I will be a father.

I did want to, not saying that I don’t but just not yet. Not now. Soon I dozed off.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the toilet flushing. Carly walked into the room.

“How ya feeling?” I asked.

“Like shit.” she muttered and sat down beside me.

“I can only imagine,” I replied pulling her into my lap.

“Why? I’m not ready for this.” she muttered.

“I don’t think I’m ready for this either.” I answered.

“Can we not tell anyone? Not yet anyways?” she asked me. I nodded in Agreement.

“If we told the guys, Pat would be the first to babble all over the place,” she giggled.

“I know,” I laughed. It was true. No secret was safe with Pat.

“I want food.” Carly poked me.

“Me too... Let’s go make breakfast.” I got up and we made our way to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Town's Been Talkin'- The Maine