Status: Sometimes I don't update this story very often, but I will do my best to update as often as possible with everything that is going on.

Steal My Soul

Chapter Eight

We sat silently in his office for what seemed like eternity as his true name hung in the air. The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife and slap it between pieces of bread to make a sandwich. Even though I really didn’t want to believe anything he told…everything made sense. His ridiculously nice car, how he creepily knew where I was going to be at that precise moment in the mall, even some of the little innuendos he had dropped here and there hinting at who and what he was.

Still…all of this seemed so…surreal. I felt like this was all a dream and any minute now I would wake up to Natalie throwing the covers off me, tipping the couch forward making me fall off, and snapping at me for falling asleep on the couch again. Nothing happened though. This was clearly reality and I was literally sitting in the Devil’s office right now. What concerned me the most was…why was I not more scared about this fact? I mean…he’s SATAN for fucks sake. Why was I not freaking out more about this? Sure my heart was racing 100 miles per hour right now and my fingers were twitching against the armrest of the chair as I tapped a quick beat to help me think. But why wasn’t I running screaming from the room?

Or did he have something to do with that?

“You’re forcing me to stay in this chair aren’t you?” I accused narrowing my eyes at him in suspicion.

Lucifer snorted. “I’m sure if I said yes then it might make comprehending the fact that you are still here easier on your mind, but I’m not that nice. Unfortunately for you, you are willingly staying in this room right now. I have no hand in the matter.”

I had never really thought of his light British accent as pompous before just now when he was speaking.

“So you’re Satan,” I stated to make sure I wasn’t getting anything confused.

“Indeed it would appear to be I am.”

“Prove it,” I demanded folding my arms.

Lucifer tossed his head back and laughed. That jovial sound rang in my ears making me feel the undeniable urge to laugh along with him, but I kicked the impulse back.

Slowly Lucifer realized I wasn’t kidding about my demand and his laughter died off.

He cocked a single dark brow. “Surely you’re kidding after what you just witnessed for yourself out there in the club?”

I matched his expression and arched a brow of my own. “Does it LOOK like I’m kidding?”

Luc looked as if he was unsure whether to laugh or be completely stunned at my lack of belief in his words.

“And what, precisely, do you want me to do to prove myself?” He questioned. I could almost see him mentally slap himself in the forehead for having to ask a mere human that question.

I gave him a confused look and shrugged. “How am I supposed to know? You’re the one needing to prove yourself, not me. So you think of something to show me to prove yourself.”

“Well, I could show you my true form, but I’m marginally concerned that the image would scar your mortal brain for life and you’d most likely end up in one of those mental hospitals,” Lucifer mumbled more to himself than to me.

“Then clearly you do not know me as well as you think you do. According to my roommate, I should have been checked into a mental hospital upon birth considering some of the fucked up things my mind comes up with sometimes. Like seriously you don’t even WANT to know what goes on in my mind 98% of the time,” I chuckled thinking of what Natalie would think of this when I went home to tell her. She really would try to drop me off at an asylum this time.

“Yes, but you see I need your mind and soul intact,” he sighed.

“Wait a minute…WHO are you again? Are you SURE you are THE Satan? Because last thing I knew about Satan, he took pleasure in scaring the living shit out of unsuspecting people whether they asked for it or not. I thought he got off on that shit. And now you’re sitting here telling me you don’t want to risk scaring me? Who are you? His gay, younger, less evil brother? Or are you just a coward?” I taunted leaning forward staring straight into those stunning pale blue eyes that had now darkened into a deep crystalline blue with anger.

Within a blink of an eye, Lucifer had hopped down from his desk and hunched down in front of me. His large hands gripped the arms of the office chair barricading me between his arms. That devilishly (no pun intended) handsome face of his mere centimeters from my own. With him being this close to me, as crazy as it sounded, all I wanted to do was kiss him. It was only when he was this close to me could I see the small flecks of violet in those blue irises of his.

“You dare to call me a coward? Clearly, you do not know ME,” he whispered. His lips brushed up against mine as he spoke. I had to refrain myself from letting a shiver race down my spine at the contact. The air between us crackled with electricity and attraction, but both of us were too stubborn to give in to the other and make the first move.

“Brother, I heard you bro—” A deep, lightly accented voice began as a man burst through the office door. The rest of his sentence caught in his throat when he saw Luc and me. Even with the sudden interruption Lucifer did not move one single inch nearer to or further from my face. Instead, the corners of his bow shaped mouth curled into a sneer.

“Dessert before dinner? Lucy, I thought our parents taught you better table manners than that,” the man tsked. I was curious to see what this man looked like, but I refused to break eye contact with Lucifer. I wanted him to know that he may be the Prince of Darkness, but that did not mean he could treat me as his inferior.

“Says the man who slurps his soup straight from the bowl, drinks milk from the carton, and eats pizza for breakfast,” Luc countered.

“Hey! Pizza is a delicious food for any time of the day. It disappoints me that you disagree with such a thing,” he sighed.

Luc sighed; his hot breath washing over my face and filling my nostrils with the scent of cinnamon. His pink tongue darted out of his mouth and licked my bottom lip before he stood up to make eye contact with the man. I glared daggers at him as I wiped his saliva from my mouth and turned in my chair to finally face the man.

“What do you need, Raphael?” Luc sighed resting his hands on his hips.

My eyes widened upon seeing Raphael. He was roughly around the same height as his brother, but if it hadn’t been for the obvious fact that Lucifer was Satan I would have had a difficult time determining which brother was the eldest. In fact, the only thing that hinted at the fact they were brothers was the similar build in body and facial structure. Other than that, they looked completely different.

Whereas Lucifer had jet black hair now cut short, Raphael had deep brown hair that was cut in tousled, straight layers. Some of the shorter layers swept across to the middle of his forehead like he had just come in from a windstorm. His hair just barely touched the collar of his shirt. He had three piercings in the cartilage of his right ear while in his left ear he had only two cartilage piercings. Like his older brother, Raphael had a straight, aristocratic nose that led to a bow shaped mouth. Only the eyes that stared back at me were not the icy blue I had become so accustomed to. Instead the younger man’s eyes were a dazzling, bright green color. The strange tint of those green eyes reminded me of a predator’s eyes watching the prey.

I contained the shudder that went down my spine and turned to glance up at Luc who stood beside my chair.

“I heard you brought dinner,” Raphael smiled seductively over at me. “Seems more like dessert to me.”

I rolled my eyes and curled my lip into a snarl.

“She neither my dinner nor my dessert. I have another plan in mind for her,” Luc cryptically explained to his brother.

“Well, maybe when you are done with her I could have a sweet taste of her? She’s a cute little thing,” he teased winking at me. My blood boiled at hearing the one word that pushed me off the edge.

“Don’t call me cute,” I snapped with a disgusted sneer. Raphael arched a dark brow as an amused grin tugged at the corners of his lips.

“Feisty isn’t she?” he chuckled. He sauntered over to where I sat and reached out to wrap a strand of my hair around his finger. I vaguely took notice that he was wearing a large barbed wire shaped ring on his thumb and a skull ring on his middle finger.

“I like it when they put up a fight,” he softly informed me. I slapped his hand away and promptly tucked any loose strands of hair behind my ear after checking to make sure my hair was still up in its bun.

“Have you told her your plans for her yet? Considering she’s still here I’d say not.”

“Raphael…Leave. NOW,” Lucifer growled stepping closer to me when he saw Raphael smirking down at me.

“I’m assuming this is the one who you were chattering on and on about back home,” Raphael continued.

“Raphael…” Luc warned. I glanced back and forth between the both of them.

“What are you two talking about? Luc, what are your plans for me?” I inquired with a slight quiver in my voice. I was afraid of what his plans could possibly entail.

Raphael’s green eyes brightened upon seeing I was still ignorant to his brother’s plans. Grass green eyes clashed with angry pale blues. I swear I could hear a mental debate going on between the men. Luc’s head tilted slightly to the side and his lips flattened into a straight, stern line. His face clearly read ‘you better keep your fucking mouth shut’. That look only made the grin on Raphael’s face grow.

“Oh, you don’t know?” I swear that grin of his reminded me all too much of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. It was full of mischief and sin.

Raphael reached out and snatched the locket off my neck breaking the chain in two. My hand flew to my neck as he dangled the pendant in front of Luc’s face. Luc angrily swiped the necklace from his brother’s fingers with a murderous glint in his eyes.

“Why—?” But my voice died when I saw the necklace begin to glow with a ghostly, pale blue light. The large black orb that rested in the center of the locket was now glowing. My gaze flicked back and forth between the brothers, but neither of them took notice of the glowing. They were acting as if it was completely normal for it to be happening.

“Um, guys? Why is the necklace glowing?”

“Should you tell her? Or should I? Surely you have lied enough already to this poor girl?” Raphael goaded Luc.

“Luc?” I quietly spoke his name looking towards him for some sort of answer. The only response I got was his teeth clenching tighter together making a muscle tic in his jaw. His grip on the necklace’s chain tensed.

“You want to know why the necklace is glowing?” Raphael finally questioned, his gaze leaving his brother’s to land on me.

“It’s because my oh-so-perfect brother just stole your soul right from under your nose.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment! :)