Status: I'm not writing that frequently at the moment, but I'm trying. I'd love some comments, or any kind of feedback! :D

Accept Me or Except Me

Meet My Parents - Danny

I’ve been thinking about this all day. If Lee’s by my side when I tell them, well, maybe that’ll give me the courage I need to actually do it. Lee’s eyes filled with tears of joy, so I kissed him. It wasn’t too long, so he knew I wasn’t just looking for an experiment any more. I was looking for a relationship.

Lee soon caught on. “Does this mean… do you want me to be your boyfriend?”

I blushed and looked away, even though I knew the answer already. I returned my gaze to those beautiful blue eyes that were full of hope, and nodded gently.

I hugged him again as a yes. It was in that moment that I knew I didn’t care whether people saw me with him. He made me happy, and that was all that mattered.

* * *

I walked through the front door with Lee at my side. We didn’t hold hands; otherwise the news would be obvious. As soon as the door closed behind us, I heard a shout from upstairs.

“What the hell do you think you were –” he paused. “Oh, I didn’t know you had company.”

“Dad, I need to speak to you.”

“Like hell you do.”

“Is mom home?” I asked, unsure.

“She’s in bed. We’ve both been home all day. Worried sick about you!”

“Can you get mom?” I asked, still unsure.

“Well, she’s tired and –” he began.

“It’s important.”

A few minutes later, my mom had woken up properly and both my parents were sitting on the couch, focusing on me and glancing at Lee a couple of times. Now was the time. There was no way around it. Everyone else knew, so…

“Mom, Dad...” I sighed loudly. “I’m gay.”

They both looked shocked, but they didn’t pull away like Lee’s parents. They stayed where they were and listened. I suddenly realized that my parents were the very opposite of homophobic. Why did it take so long to tell them? It was me, not them.

“Why’s Mrs. Nickelson’s son here, then?” my mom asked, even though the answer was almost obvious.

“This is Lee. My, uh, boyfriend.”

“Is that why you two were alone for the entire vacation?”

I looked away and blushed. Lee reached for my fingers. I pulled away at first, before remembering that it didn’t matter anymore. I put my hand back where it was and he squeezed it. I looked at Lee and smiled. I was really lucky to have him.

My parents went into almost a routine of hugs and good luck wishes and it made me feel so happy. I looked at Lee, who had playful envy in his eyes. He was happy, but if only his parents had reacted like this.

“Don’t worry, your parents will be like this soon enough.”

“I hope so.”

* * *

After Lee texted his parents that he was staying over a friend’s house, he stayed for dinner. After that, he walked up to my room with me. It was still messy from the sleepless night I had on Monday. We sat on my bed and just talked. We talked and stared at each other, and I loved it.

Soon enough, Lee began scanning my room, looking at papers, my closet (which I had now come out of, ha ha ha) and my trash. He looked in and turned back to me with a puzzled expression on his face.

“I thought you said you threw the drawing you did of the scale in the trash?” he asked.

“I did.”

It was only then did I notice something on my noticeboard above my desk. It was the scale. Lee saw it too, and took it off the noticeboard and sat back down next to me. There was some small writing in the corner.

“Danny, look!”

I’d already seen it, though. In the corner of the paper, my dad had written:

We love you, son.

My eyes filled with tears. They already knew. They already had time to digest it, but they still made a fuss. They wanted me to have a proper coming out. I love them so much.

“Wait a minute,” Lee said. “Why are you a ten, but I’m just a nine?”

“I don’t know…”

“You think you’re gayer than me?” he screamed. “YOU THINK YOU’RE GAYER THAN ME!?”

He punched me playfully. “I’ll fight you for it,” he said.

We began wrestling, still playful, on my bed. Soon enough we were rolling around, but our legs got intertwined and we slowed down. I kissed him slowly and he leaned deeper into the kiss. I was on top, so I held him down on the bed. He tugged at my shirt.

That night we did something we’d only done once before, but it was the best thing I’d done in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isn't it amazing? I love this bit. It can only get better, right?

Guys. This is serious now. I have two comments at the moment and there's, like, fourteen subscribers. That means twelve of you aren't sharing the love! Share it! Comment! Please!