Status: I'm not writing that frequently at the moment, but I'm trying. I'd love some comments, or any kind of feedback! :D

Accept Me or Except Me

He's Leaving For Real - Danny

“I have to leave.”

I froze. Leave? Laurence can’t leave! I was flustered and I didn’t know what to do, so I just looked at Laurence, sitting on a swing in the dark park and I could see how upset he was. I looked at him encouragingly to tell him to explain in the nicest way I could.

“Well, uh,” he sniffed, “my parents always get into little arguments. Who lost the keys, who didn’t come home last night, are you cheating on me, et cetera, but I was always there to resolve them. Not only could I physically separate them and calm them down, but my very presence would be enough for them to realize that I need parents. And I’d rather have my biological parents together and happy than watch them go through the dating game again. What am I going to do?”

“When do you have to leave?”

“Ultimately, it’s my choice, but I really need to see my parents. The only thing is, aeroplane tickets are expensive and I can’t afford to come back if I go now, and frankly -” he paused. “Frankly, I don’t have a lot of friends in the UK. Everyone I meet seems to either be a chav, a twat or a knob. Usually all three. It’s just hard to find people who like the stuff I’m into who aren’t homophobic. I live in a pretty bad place, Danny.”

“I honestly have no clue how to help you, but don’t jump onto that plane straight away. Especially if you don’t know how you’re going to do things. I think you should think before you do. Plan ahead.”

“Danny, you can’t believe how much I need to see them in person right now. Things might get better. I won’t know until I try. I guess what I’m saying is – I’m leaving, I’ve made up my mind, and I wanted you to be the first to know.”

“Why?”

“Because Lee would try to stop me and I can’t bear to see Matt’s face when he hears. So I’m just going to leave. Tonight.”

* * *

I held Lee in my arms and sobbed into his shoulder. After a minute, Lee asked me where I was.

“I came home last night really late. I couldn’t sleep so I went for a walk. I decided to walk until my head was clear. Let’s just say that it’s not even clear right now.”

Lee pulled on my hand and led me upstairs to our room. We sat cross-legged facing each other. I told him everything I heard from Laurence.

“That’s terrible! He didn’t even tell Matt?”

“No, that’s my job, apparently.”

“Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no!” Lee had such a pained and flustered look on his face I couldn’t help but hug him.

“We’ve got to stop him!”

“He’s already left,” I said a little too bluntly.

“Then we have to follow him!”

“Yeah, right.”

“Matt and I have both saved for the trip to France for our French class. Maybe the money can go to a better cause.”

“And I have to stay here? Long distance never works!”

“It won’t be for too long, OK? I need to call Matt.”

Lee sprang up and tapped speed dial on his cell. He put on his coat as he walked with the phone next to his ear and left the room. A few moments went by before I heard the front door close. What’s made Lee make all of these snap decisions and judgments lately? Is he on his period or something?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I need to get back into the groove of AMoEM.

Also, you should see my Mibba blog posts because as I said, I'm going to be doing a lot more of them.

In addition, I've decided to write a fanfiction about a videogame. Because that's what my life has come to. It's called "New Turf" and it's based on "Bully: Scholarship Edition". It's about a kid from a dark background who goes to a boarding school. It's another slash! Yay!