Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

Taking Whats Left

(Myca's Point of View)

I ended up falling asleep in Jon's arms and waking up to him holding me, wide awake.

"Morning, Myca," Jon said kissing my forehead.

"Morning. I need a shower. I haven't showered since the night we tortured Griggs. Which reminds me, I need clothes. I can't just keep wearing the black shirt and jeans you gave me."

"Already thought that through. We are going to your parents house today and we are getting all your clothes and possessions."

"But my parents told me to never come back."

"This is a special circumstance. If I explain to them the situation, they'll understand. I am your psychiatrist after all."

He got up and started changing his clothes. I look away. He just chuckled on how I didn't want to see him half naked.

"What? You've never seen a naked man."

"No, I have. Its just weird because I haven't seen you naked before."

"You're still a virgin, aren't you?"

"No."

"I see," he said as if lost in thought.

"So when are we going?"

"As soon as you're ready to go. I just thought it would be better if you came with me so that you could tell me what you want to pack."

"Good idea. I just need to get dressed and I'll be ready. I don't care if I reek, it'll drive my parents nuts. They were such hygiene freaks. Maybe they'll be next to torture... No, I already said Kyle would be next."

"You have an evil little mind, but I like it. You already have a hit list," he said, then kissed my forehead again.

Jon and I walk out of the building and we walked to the train and boarded it. I was nervous seeing my parents and little brother from the last time. While on the train, I see Bruce Wayne sitting in the front.

"Whats he doing on a train?" Jon looked up and saw Bruce too.

"I don't know. Probably headed for Wayne Tower."

"Probably... Makes sense," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"We're almost at the stop. Are you alright?"

"Yea, I'll be fine," I said, not taking my eyes off of Bruce. I think Jon noticed that and tried to get my attention.

"You know, our spectacle the other night made an impression. I saw on the news that Bo was found. His caretaker found him unconscious and called the police. No weapon was found, no fingerprints, no suspects." My head immediately turned to Jon

"Really? What else did they say?"

"That Griggs will live though he has suffered from a severe loss of blood. I imagine he told the police about who tortured him, but they were masked." 'They' meaning us.

"This is good."

"Sh, not so loudly, dear."

"Oh, sorry." Jon pulled the chord at this stop. As we walk off, I give Mr. Wayne one last look before the doors closed behind us.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? I'll talk to your parents," Jon said walking to the house down the street which was my parents'. The closer we got, the more my heart raced. The more my hand shook and Jon noticed.

"You're nervous."

"So what if I am. I'm not a coward. I would have to face them sooner or later." We walked to the house and it was being sold.

"They're selling the house?"

"Just stay here and I'll knock on the door," Jon said he walked up the stoop and knocked on my door. My little brother answered.

"Hello, are your parents home?"

"Are you the doctor who is looking after my sister?"

"Yes I am. Thats why I'm here. Your sister has been granted early release. She has found a place to live and we need to get her things. Are your parents around?"

"Yes. My mommy is home. Daddy is at work."

"Could you go get her for me, please?"

"Mommy, Myca's doctor is here!" My mom comes to the door.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. In fact, I have wonderful news. Myca has been granted early release. Apparently there was a misunderstanding. Myca has found a place to stay and she needs to get her things." My mom tells Jon to come in. Jon tells me to wait on the stoop.

(Jonathan's Point of View)

"I don't understand. You said you were sure that she committed a crime. Now you're saying she didn't?"

"She was framed by someone else. We haven't figured out who, but the police department is getting to the bottom of this."

"No they won't. They're too busy investigating people sneaking into houses and torturing them." I wanted to laugh, but I can't let Mrs. Vlasca know that it was Myca and I who tortured Griggs.

"Anyway, Myca and I are here to collect her things."

"Why can't she stay with us? Shes our daughter!"

"As I recall, Myca informed me that you and your husband told her to never come back. She doesn't want to come back. She has been staying with a friend, but she decided to move in with her, so we've come to collect her belongings."

"Who is she staying with?"

"I can't give that information away. I'm sorry, Mrs. Vlasca."

"Can I talk to her, please?"

"Of course." I opened the door, allowing Myca to come in. Her mother looked like she was going to burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart," she said hugging her daughter. Myca didn't hug her back. She just looked at her with soulless pale green eyes.

"I just came to get my stuff. After that, I'll be out of your hair." Her little brother came into the room."

"Myca!" Her brother just hugged her tightly.

"Hey, Travis. How are you doing, kiddo?"

"I missed you so much. Why did they take you away?" Myca just looks up at me, then back to Travis.

"I did some bad things and Dr. Crane helped me."

"I'm glad you're coming back." As soon as her brother said that, tears formed in her eyes.

"Kiddo, I'm not coming back here to live, but I promise that I'll visit you when I can because you're the best little bro ever."

"Promise?"

"Of course, little man. Now Dr. Crane and I have to go pack. I'll be back out soon."

"Alright." Travis let go of Myca, then turned toward me.

"Thank you for helping my sister, Dr. Crane." Travis then started hugging me.

"No problem. Its my job," I said, patting Travis' back with my hand. He let go and Myca and I went upstairs.

Her room was the last door on the left and it had police tape across it. She turned the handle and opened the door. The walls were white with red paint at the tops of the walls to make it look like blood dripping down. The ceiling and ceiling fan were completely red. She had a lot of Slipknot, Hail The Villain, and Five Finger Death Punch posters all over her walls, dark wood dresser and nightstand, Corpse Bride carpeting, black sheets and pillowcase with a Halloween comforter, artwork hung over her bed, a television, and a closet with the door ripped off the hinges. The broken door that laying to the side had a System Of A Down poster nailed on it.

"So, this is my room." Myca goes into her closet and grabs a suitcase. She put the suitcase on her bed and started packing.

She eventually emptied her drawers and went into the bathroom.

"What do you need from the bathroom?"

"My toothbrush, makeup, and deodorant."

"Okay then." I wait in her room just looking at pictures she took with her friends at their band practices, her and her friends giving people the middle finger, a girl with green hair and pierced nose sticking her tongue out and giving people the rock n roll devil horns. I smile at how odd Myca is, just delightfully odd.

"Alright. I'm thats everything except for my bass. Can I trust you to carry my bass to the car without destroying it," she said smiling.

"Of course." Myca and I walk downstairs and her mother and little brother were waiting on the couch.

"Sweety? Are you sure you want to leave? You can always stay here."

"Only because you found out I wasn't really a criminal. If I was, you'd be calling the police right now. I'll come back to visit you little man," Myca said talking to her mother, then Travis. I open the door and Myca left her house for good.

I carried her bass in the case all the way to the train and she dragged her suitcase.

We get on the train and it was nearly nightfall. Back to the Narrows.

"That wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be."

"How so?"

"I thought there would be screaming and fighting."

"Your mother loves you very much. I hope you come to realize that and see how lucky you are. I've never had a mother like that. She dumped me onto my grandmother."

"She told me to leave. She would've had the police rush over if you hadn't explained to her how I'm innocent."

"From what you described to me, would your father have acted differently if he was there for me to explain to him as well?"

"Nope. He would tell me to get the fuck out and to not ever show my mug at their house ever again. As far as he's concerned, he has no daughter and I have no family except for Travis and Eddy."

I wanted so badly to tell Myca what happened to Eddy in a way that won't make her upset. I desperately wanted to tell her the whole truth. That it was me who framed her for the robbery and took her straight to Arkham. I knew if she did find out, she would never forgive me and hate me. Her alter ego would kill me.

'No she wouldn't. The girl is in love with you. She wouldn't lay a finger on you,' the voice said.

(Myca's Point of View)

Jon looked like he had a really bad headache.

"Are you okay, Jon"

"No, I'm not. I need to tell you something when we get home."

"Is it a headache? Is there a way for me to help you?" I place my hand on Jon's shoulder and he just keeps staring at the ground.

"Maybe. Its something in my head that won't go away." I then pull the chord to stop the train at our stop in the Narrows. Jon and I walk off and started walking home.

Once we were inside the apartment and set my things down in the bedroom, I asked Jon what has been bothering him.

"So whats going on?"

"Myca, I have this voice in my head. You want to know what it tells me?"

"What?"

"It tells me that I'm out of my mind. The voice tells me to fuck you." I just blush.

"Does this voice tell you that often?"

"Almost everyday. It started at the Zsasz hearing. I can't control it. I think I'm losing my mind, Myca. You should be really afraid."

"But I'm not."

"Why?"

Good question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this new chapter. I'll keep posting :)