Status: Currently Active. After graduation it's become hard to put the finishing touches, but we are going to work on putting more up as soon as we can!

Hero High School

Nightmare

They reached the house with no conversation. A small building on the outside of the main area of the town, it was run down and off white, windows covered with torn curtains, with a faded door and brown grass. The trees fought desperately for their lives. Zorra headed to the front door with Kat bouncing ahead of her. The door opened to a warm, welcoming aroma and a room that in no way resembled the outdoor features. To the right was a family room/living area, the windows have blackout curtains, but the room was well-kept. The gray carpet was spotless. A TV was in the far corner with bookshelves lining the far wall, a leather sectional couch lined the other wall, and separated the room from a hallway that seemed to ender the kitchen. On the left was a closed door that Kat quickly entered, leaving Marek to assume it was her bedroom. “Well, here’s home.” Zorra stated. “Seems Killroy is out for a bit. I’ll introduce you to him later... for now, just make yourself comfortable.”

Marek sat quietly on the single-person couch, setting his bag down on the floor. He leaned back into the chair slowly, closing his eyes and forcing himself to relax. He was too accurately aware of every sound, every movement, every change in temperature. It would keep him up all night if he didn’t calm down. It’s been someplace new... He thought.

Zorra hesitated. “Do you... need anything?” She half-huffed. Damn it’s hard to be nice, she thought. Just then Killroy came walking in. He had pitch black shaggy hair, with ram horns sticking out, his skin was pale and his eyes were a blood red color. He was tall, probably about 5’11, and stayed silent for a moment, looking at Marek. Zorra kissed his cheek lightly. “This is Marek. Tiger and I ran into him at the ice-cream shop.” She looked at Killroy as if communicating without speaking, and he nodded. He glanced at Marek, nodded, then knocked on Kat’s door. “Wanna see something cool, little one?” He asked. His voice had an accent, and was a little raspy, but more from exhaustion. Zorra looked over at Marek, who was clearly tense, even though his eyes were closed. Zorra walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder carefully, which made him flinch slightly. She silently spoke to him, “You don’t have anything to worry about.” Silence was his response. “I know you don’t like to talk, but you really can’t stay silent.” She paused. “I mean, I guess you could, but that’s no fun.” She smirked. Killroy and Kat walked toward the backyard, as Killroy gave a sidelong glance at Zorra before walking out. “He gets weird when I don’t tell him everything sometimes. It’s how he views the Agreement.” Zorra rolled her eyes. “So yeah... do you need anything?” She inquired again.

Marek opened his eyes. He was beyond tired, if he was being honest. He hadn’t had a proper sleep in days, and here was this female, giving him a rather comfortable couch to sleep on. Marek slowly shook his head in response to her question. If only she was here... this would be perfect. Marek couldn’t help thinking. Zorra brought out a blanket, which Marek laid on his lap. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the sofa cushion. His mind went elsewhere. Bars, cold against his exposed flesh, separated him from her. He reached across, trying to grab her hand, his voice calling her name at the top of his stinging lungs. He ignored the lashes eating at his flesh. He kept his hand outreached until she was gone from his sight. He didn’t feel the blood dripping down his arms until long after her voice died in the dark silence. He pulled his shirt off despite the cold and wrapped it around his arm reluctantly. If it wasn’t for her... Marek wouldn’t be alive, he was sure of it.

Zorra tucked Marek in and sat back on the couch, her eyes hazed as she attempted to probe Marek’s mind, but barriers refused her entry. Abused, apparently... she thought. Sighing, she abandoned her attempts to bug him. Killroy and Kat re-entered as Zorra went to stroking Marek’s hair softly. Kat said goodnight and resigned to her room. Killroy glared, leaving words unspoken. “I was kept secret many moons, love. I keep no lies about my relations. I give you no reason to mistrust me.” Zorra glanced as Killroy’s face softened. “I know, my love.” He said softly. “Come in soon.” He smiled, then headed toward the back bedroom. Zorra scratched Marek’s head gently before quickly drifting off to sleep on his shoulder.

Killroy came out to the main room. Marek was still asleep, as was Zorra, her head nestled on his chest. Aggravated, Killroy stormed out, startling Zorra into consciousness. She blushed slightly, but then remembered. Dammit... ah, he’ll be back... I can’t chase him right now. She thought, then headed for the kitchen to make breakfast.

Marek wasn’t sure when he regained consciousness, but he knew he was awake now. He thought he’d had a dream where SHE was sleeping next to him, her small head resting on his chest, looking serene for once. Marek had never had such a strong urge to cry. Where are you, my little one? Marek screamed desperately in his mind. His breathing started escalating, his vision went blurry... a noise from the kitchen brought him back to earth. He managed to compose himself just before Zorra’s head popped in. He looked up at her, his face blank. Zorra asked him something about breakfast. Marek shook his head and gather his bags. “Thank you for your hospitality, but I must be going.” Marek left, ignoring Zorra’s protests. What a strange woman. Marek thought as he took of at a jog.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bri again. A little on Marek, about his past, and who he is. Also a little on Zorra, and her somewhat bipolar nature. Their relationship deepens?
Who is this mysterious girl? Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough.

[edit]: just some minor edits, making Marek's thought italicized and Zorra's bold, a little tense change on some sentences that were inconsistent, the minor things.