Daughter of Dyrdek

Oh dear...

My daughter didn’t recognize me. She didn’t want me in her life. She didn’t want to know me.

I was devastated.

“She took my car!” Meagan exclaimed out of breath once she came back. Where would she go? Alicia was only 16! And mentally imbalanced! Then my phone blasted Chanel’s voice and I grabbed it out of habit. Travis? The hell?

Meagan glared at me while I answered the phone, and I shrugged at her.

“Hey, Rob. I’m going to New York with her.” What a greeting.

“We’ll see you there.” And he hung up. Isn’t Travis polite?

“Where?” Meagan all but snapped.

“New York.”

“Who’s we?” Meagan suspicion was intriguing. Did she not trust me at all?

“Us, Megs. Alicia is in New York and WE, as in you and I, are going to fly to New York.” I explained to the shocked woman.

“New York? Okay…Oh my gosh! Alicia is in New York all alone?” Meagan started to freak out.

“No no no no no!” I quickly amended. “My friend Travis is with her. He’ll keep her safe, okay?”

“Promise?” My dear Lords this woman had trust issues!

“I promise you Travis will do everything in his and other peoples power to keep Alicia safe.”

“Okay, but if she’s hurt I swear I will castrate you in a way you have never even heard of.” Saying I was scared of a little brunette girl would be a lie. Saying I was scared of a little brunette aunt who was fierce as hell was defiantly the truth.

“Deal.” I choked out. Meagan gave me a cheeky smile and I weakly returned it. “We have to get
going.”

Megan nodded to me and I walked her out to my car. I opened the door for her and she gave a smile. Once I shut her door and got into my side, I started the car and backed out to begin the journey to the airport. We arrived soon and that’s when I realized I didn’t book tickets. I decided not to tell Meagan this, for it would only worry her further.

I got out of my side and ran around to open her door for her. Meagan thanked me and we walked into the building. I told her to sit down in the seats and I walked up to the desk. I charmed (bought) my way into the next immediate flight to New York. I got Meagan and we went onto the plane rather quickly.

The flight was spent pretty bored. We just sat there. Meagan, at some point, had placed her head on my shoulder. She fell asleep and I woke her up a few minutes before the plane landed.

Once we got off the plane, I called a taxi and we sort of just sat there for a few seconds in the yellow car. “Where are we going, Megs?”

“Uh….oh! The warehouse!” and she told the cabi the address. We got to our destination within minutes, and Meagan led us into a large building. I heard the most beautiful sound. Well, the second most beautiful sound. I have to say, the most beautiful sound I ever did hear was my babygirl’s voice for the first time. But regardless, this was amazing. Then I saw her.

Alicia was bent over the keys. Her fingers flitted over the keys, and I was vaguely aware of the words spewing from my mouth.

“That’s why they nicknamed her Keys.” Meagan’s voice reached my ears.

“I can see why.” I said faintly. Apparently Alicia had said something, for Meagan was giving her an extremely stern look.

“You can come back home with us.” Meagan snapped. My daughter gave a sigh, but nodded.

“Actually, you’ll both be coming to LA with me.” Where did that come from? Oh, yeah…my mouth. Well, I’m glad that happened! They both gave me incredulous looks. “We have some of the best doctors, you’ll be with me, and I have an indoor skate park which allows for all day skating!” I tempted. Meagan sighed and Alicia gave me an excited look.

“Please?” Alicia begged her aunt. I gave Meagan big puppy eyes, and she looked between us.

“Fine.” She finally caved.

“YES!” Both Alicia and I yelled.

“What the hell did I just do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
For queencho! Thanks for the tip hun!