Status: New

A Man With Scissors for Hands

I'm Insane

I climbed out of my comfy bed, willingly, and skipped down the stairs.
"Devin?" I asked.
"Dani!" He called from the kitchen. I smiled, and followed the sound. Devin -along with my parents- where all siting at the table. He was eating eggs. I had assumed my mom had made them.
"Danielle, are you hungry?" My mom asked.
I shook my head. "Uhm, I'm gonna get ready, then we'll leave. 'Kay?"
Devin Nodded, and I walked back up the stairs. I walked to the bathroom, and turned the shower on. I stripped, and let the hot water beads drip down my body. Once I was finished, I wrapped a towel around myself, and walked to my room. I quickly threw on my new A Day To Remember shirt, along with black Skinny jeans, and my vans. I straightened my hair, and did my make up. I walked back to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror, and approved my appearance. I grabbed my phone from the charger, and my I Pod, before walking back down the stairs.
"Ready?" Devin asked.
I nodded, and waved to my parents, before following him out of the door. On the way to the venue, we played 'The Drug In Me Is You', and 'I Write Sins, Not Tragedies'. I always listened to music when I'm nervous. I kept imagining all the bad things that would happen. The many ways and reasons they would hate me.
"Don't worry." Devin said, obviously noticing my nervousness.
"But what if they don't like me? What will i do then?" I asked.
He shook his head.
"Dani. They'll like you. I promise."
I sighed, and made myself believe that he was right. But in the back of my head, I felt like I was going to screw it up. I always do. It was finally time to meet them, and I had butterflies in my stomach. Devin looked at me, disapprovingly, and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards a long line of buses. I had assumed that they belonged to the many many bands on Warped Tour. Once he had identified a particular one, he opened the door, and pulled me in.
He was greeted by 5 tall guys. They made me feel like a little kid. They all had long black hair, except for one. He had a mohawk kind of thing. It was pretty cool. One In particular -the tallest one- stuck out to me. He was...flawless.
"Guys, this is Danielle." Devin introduced me.
"Yep, but if you call me that, I'll slit your throat." I warned, giggling.
Devin Chuckled. "Dani. Be nice." He demanded.
"I understand that. I'm Josh, but your going to call me Balz."
I smiled. "Well, hey there Balz.".
He chuckled.
"I'm Ricky."
"Ryan."
"Angelo."
"I'm Chris." He smiled at me. He was beautiful. 'Shut up Danielle!' I told myself repeatedly.
"Ghost here couldn't stop talking about you." Chris added.
I giggled, and turned to face him. "That's because I'm Insane!" I stated.
They all chuckled.
"So, what do you listen to?" Balz asked.
Devin pulled me over to sit next to him. I pulled my knees up to my chest, and layed my chin on them.
"Uhm, everything from Falling In Reverse, to Asking Alexandria, to Bleeding Through, and Marilyn Manson." I replied.
He smiled. "What's your favorite Bleeding Through album?" Chris asked.
"Uhm, probably This Is Love, This Is Murderous." I replied.
"You have the best music taste in the world." He complimented.
I blushed, and tried to hide it with my hair.
"What do you guys listen to?" I asked.
"I think you covered most of it." Balz answered.
I smiled. "Well then, you guys have the best music taste in the world as well."
"So, do have do any kind of music, or art?" Ricky asked.
"I like to do sketches, I developed it from one of my friends who got me into tattooing, and I used to play bass with Devin here, but I kinda bailed." I answered. I kinda felt like I was being interviewed....
"Oh Cool." He added.
I smiled. My turn to ask the questions. "So, how's tour? Does it ever get awkward?" I asked. Being on tour was always an interesting thing for me. I've always wanted to know what it was like.
"It's cool. Other than the limited showers, and being away from friends and family." Balz answered. Angelo, and Ryan I had assumed are the quiet ones. But it was cute.
"Where do you guys live?" I asked.
"Scranton." Chris answered.
I smiled. "I'm from Pennsylvania, not Scranton, but I moved to LA when I was little." I stated.
"Where are you from?" Angelo asked. I smiled, happy to hear his voice.
"Erie. So I was pretty far away from you guys." I stated, still smiling.
Angelo Nodded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We talked for the rest of the night. They're really great guys. Funny, sweet, and comforting. I was still forcing myself to get past my 'feelings' for Chris. I barely knew the guy. Yeah, I knew that he was an amazing vocalist, and he had an amazing personality, but he wouldn't like me. That's Insane. I said goodnight to Devin, and fell into my own dreams. Or as I like to call them, wonderland. A dream where I could be anything I wanted. A dream where I was in control. My own Story.