Status: Will update as much as I can.

Gotta Be You

~ heartbreak

Gianna’s jaw dropped and she looked at me. “T-that’s…that’s One Direction.”

I nodded. “Yep.”

She grabbed my shoulders and shook me like a ragdoll. “How are you being so calm?! That’s world famous boy band One Direction.”

I put my hands on her shoulders and nodded again. “I know, I know. Breathe Gia, breathe.”

She let out a deep breath and turned back to the boys. “Sorry…I’m a little nervous.”

Harry took a step towards her and I rolled my eyes. I knew he was going to try to charm the pants off her…literally.

“Babe, don’t be nervous.”

She turned to me and bit her lip. “I have a boyfriend right?” She looked back at Harry and I could see her knees starting to shake.

I nodded. “Yes you do. Whom you love very much, remember?”

She grinned. “Of course, of course. I think I might go back to Noah now actually. We can all hang out tomorrow, okay? I mean if you guys want to. Ok love you Gab, bye!”

And with that she disappeared back into the venue. I looked at the ground then back up at the boys. “Uh, sorry about that.”

“She was tweakin’, is she okay?” Liam asked, clearly looking concerned.

I smiled. “She’s a big fan of you guys. I would have probably acted the same way, but I was giving it all that I had to act normal and not fangirl like crazy.”

“You still fangirled a bit, babe.” Zayn said with a laugh.

I nudged him with my elbow. “Hush. Oh and by the way, calling a girl ‘babe’ especially when your accents are so beautiful, does not calm us down or make us any less nervous. Just so you know.” I giggled.

“We won’t call you babe anymore then…” Zayn smirked.

I glared at him and smiled softly. “No I don’t mind one bit but Gianna looked like she was about to pass out.”

“So this Noah guy…how long have they been dating?” Harry asked.

“A while.”

“Is he good-looking?”

I raised an eyebrow. “I think, I mean I guess. I don’t know. He’s cute I guess.”

“Is he better looking than me?”

I took a step towards Harry. “Oh, I know what you’re doing. Stop it!” I smacked his arm. “She’s in love with him, I’m not letting you charm the pants off my best friend. No, not happening. I’ve heard the rumors, Styles.”

“Ooh burn!” Niall piped up.

I giggled and turned back to Harry. “But seriously, just leave her and Noah alone. She really likes him.”

“But she’s beautiful…”

I took another step towards Harry, causing him to take a step back. “Yes, but she’s also taken. So back off.”

Harry shook his head. “Fine, whatever.”

My eyes shifted back to Zayn and I smiled. “Could you drive me home? I’m getting a little tired.”

“Of course, but can we all hang out tomorrow?” He smiled softly.

I nodded. “I’d like that.”

We all piled into Zayn’s car, and I got squeezed between Niall and Harry and I was basically suffocating them with my dress.

“Seriously, why must your dress be so poofy? I can’t even breathe.” Harry pretended to gasp for air.

I frowned. “Shut up, it’s pretty.”

“But I can’t breathe.” Harry wasn’t gunna stop.

“How do you guys deal with this all the time?” I pointed to Harry and laughed. “He’s quite annoying.”

“You secretly want me…” Harry winked at me and chuckled.

“Mm yeah…I want you to shut up.”

“Ooh damn, someone’s feisty tonight. I like it.”

I shook my head and put my head in my hands. I didn’t have a good night and Harry’s sarcasm and perverted jokes weren’t helping any. I let out a sigh of relief when Zayn pulled up to my house. I quickly said my good-byes and basically jumped out of the car. I was surprised when I felt a hand grab my arm and I spun around to see Zayn standing there.

“I wanted to walk you to your door…” His voice trailed off.

I smiled big. “I appreciate it, thank you.”

Once we got to my door, Zayn grabbed my hand and slightly smiled. “I’m sorry for how Harry was talking to you.”

“Oh no it’s fine.”

“Gab, it’s not. You had a rough night, and he only made it worse. I’m sorry. I’ll talk to him.”

I smiled. “Well thanks, I appreciate it. I’m gunna go lay down though, my head is pounding.”

Zayn leaned forward and kissed my head, causing me to turn lobster red.

I giggled and was about to open the door when I remembered something. “Oh, almost forgot. Can I have your phone for a second?”

Zayn nodded and handed me his phone which I happily took and put my number into. “Text me tomorrow?” I smiled and opened the door, kissing his cheek and then walking inside.

Needless to say, I went to sleep smiling.

{-}

The next morning I awoke to the sun peeking in through my blinds. I looked at my phone and smiled when I saw a text from Zayn…and Harry.

Hey Gab, it’s Zayn. Just wanted to know what you’d wanna do today. The boys wouldn’t mind if you and Gianna came over and just watched movies and hung out all day. Just text me when you wake up, love. xx

I smiled and replied to Zayn’s text before I even looked at Harry’s.

That sounds good. I’m going to call Gianna soon and ask if that’s okay with her. (:

I then scrolled down to Harry’s text and took a deep breath before opening it.

Hey Gabby, it’s Harry. I just wanted to apologize for the way I was acting towards you last night. You had a rough night at prom and I’m sure I didn’t make it any better for you. I’m really sorry, and I didn’t mean to upset or offend you. Hopefully I’ll see you later?

I couldn’t help but smile. Even though Harry was known for being the flirt, he was also known for respecting women and I couldn’t ignore that. He could be sweet when he wanted to be.

Hey Haz, it’s okay. Really. I had a bad night, yes. But last night I had basically no sense of humor, and I’m sorry if I was a bitch. And hopefully you will.

Now that that was out of the way, I called Gianna. I called twice and both times I got no answer. Finally she answered me on the third call.

“Jeez finally you pick up!”

“Sorry…” Her voice was quiet and raspy. It sounded as if she had been crying.

“Gia, what happened?”

“Well…me and Noah…well…I’ll just be right over okay?” The line went dead.

After about 10 minutes, Gianna rang my doorbell. I knew it was her because she always rang it more than what was socially acceptable. I opened the door to see my best friend in my doorway, in pajamas with a makeup stained face.

“Gia oh my god, what’s wrong?” I pulled her inside and sat down on the couch, handing her a box of tissues.

“Well after I came back inside, I was talking to Noah about One Direction and he got mad. Then we went back to his house, and everything was fine until he kept pressuring me to have sex with him. And I said ‘no’ only because I wasn’t ready and he just dumped me then and there.”

“Excuse me, what?!” My mouth hung open.

“Exactly. So he drove me home and I’ve been crying all night.”

I wrapped my arms tightly around my best friend. “I’m so sorry. But to be honest, I’m happy that you said no.”

She wrapped her arms around me and smiled. “Me too. I love you Gab.”

“I love you too, Gia. Now let’s get you washed up, we’re going to hang out with the boys today!”

She wagged her finger at me. “No.”

I nodded. “Yes, we’re going. You can’t say no.”

“But I already said no…” She pouted.

“Okay well you can say no but I’m not going to listen. We’re going. Now follow me upstairs so we can get ready.”

She huffed and followed me upstairs.

{-}

Around an hour later, both of us were ready and looking cute. I had Zayn text me the address of the place they were staying. I thought they were staying at some average hotel, turns out they were staying at some extravagant hotel that I didn’t even know existed. We were led upstairs by their security and let into their suite.

“Gabby! Gianna!” Niall ran towards us, throwing his arms around us both, engulfing us in a Horan hug.

“Hey Nialler.” Gianna sighed and hugged him back.

“Is she okay?” Niall leaned close to me and asked quietly.

I frowned. “Her boyfriend dumped her last night.”

“What?” I turned around and saw Harry standing there.

I bit my lip and looked at him. “I didn’t exactly mean for you to hear that, which was why I was whispering.”

Harry licked his lips and walked towards Gianna.

She turned around right as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug. “I’m sorry Gianna.”

Her eyes met mine, and they looked glassy, meaning she was about to cry. Harry pulled back and saw that she was close to tears. He grabbed a box of tissues off the table and handed her one, keeping one arm around her. “It’s okay, love. You can let it out.”

I turned to Niall and he shrugged. I was so surprised. Harry was being so sweet and gentle with her. Maybe Harry liking my best friend wasn’t such a bad idea after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhhh so Gianna and Noah call it quits! But maybe Harry won't be so bad for her! :) Up to 8 subbies already, thanks so much! :))

Image

So many Harry feels after writing this chapter. Ugh. ;)
Image

Enjoy lovelies! xoxo! :)