Status: Will update as much as I can.

Gotta Be You

~ apology

“Zayn wait!” He was walking at a fast pace, and I was trying to keep up without breaking an ankle in my pumps.

“I don’t wanna hear it Gab, you fucked this up!”

By this point I was sobbing heavily and I could barely talk. “Zayn, please.”

He stopped walking and turned around to face me. I looked at his eyes and I saw him feel bad that I was crying, for a split second. His face then turned cold and he swallowed hard.

“What? What could you possibly say that could make this okay?” He spat at me.

I blinked hard and let out a deep breath, trying to control my tears, but they just kept pouring out.

“I-I’m sorry.”

He shook his head. “You’re not.”

I collapsed down to my knees, burying my face in my hands, as I sobbed. “I am Zayn, I promise you.”

“Don’t promise me anything Gab, I’m done.”

He walked away, leaving me alone and crying on the sidewalk. I felt a hand wrap around me and I prayed that it wasn’t Dylan. I turned and looked to see Gianna crouched down next to me. “Let’s get you home…your real home.”

Gianna had called Harry, who called Paul to see if he could give us a ride. He agreed and picked Gia and I up and brought us back to my house. As soon as we were inside, I ran up to my room and flopped down on my bed, sobbing into my pillow. Gianna stayed quiet, probably because she was trying to think of something to say.

“How could I have let Dylan fuck things up between Zayn and me? I’m so stupid.”

I grabbed the box of Kleenex from my bed table, and kept them next to me.

“You’re not stupid, Gabby. You were just taken aback by Dylan. You guys have history, you can never erase that. Zayn should be more understanding considering you guys aren’t dating.”

I nodded. “I know, I know. I wanna talk to him though, he just won’t want to hear it.”

I sat up and changed into pajamas. “In the morning, lovebug. Let’s go to sleep.”

{-}

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was almost 8 AM. I had been awake since I tried to fall asleep at 2:30 AM. I couldn’t fall asleep. I kept thinking about Zayn, I wondered if I’d ever get another chance with him. I figured I wouldn’t.

It took me a bit to realize that Gianna wasn’t in bed with me. I sat up just as my door opened and Gianna walked inside. “I called Harry. Zayn and him are going to come over in 20 minutes. So you guys can talk. Harry and I are going to go for a walk.”

{-}

As soon as Zayn walked in the door, Harry and Gianna bolted out, leaving me alone with Zayn. He sat on the couch, flipping through channels on the TV. I sat in the kitchen, at the table, just staring at Zayn. I tried to gather my thoughts the best I could. I walked over to the couch and sat down next to Zayn, turning off the TV.

“I don’t wanna hear it, Gab.”

I again, tried to hold in my sobs. “Please, just let me explain. Give me a minute?”

“Minute starts now.”

“Okay, so just seeing Dylan brought back all our memories. I miss him, he was the guy I was so crazy about for years. I was afraid in a sense that if I didn’t remember him, or didn’t want to dance with him, that he’d hit me. I’m sorry about how I reacted, but I just…I forgot about what was reality and I lo-“

“You’re minute is up.”

“Wait but-“

“Wait but nothing, Gabby. You asked for a minute I gave you one.”

I frowned and looked at him. “I love you.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Wait what?”

I nodded and inched closer to him. “There I said it, I’m so fucking nervous right now. But I love you.”

He smiled and pulled me close to him. “I love you too.”

I grinned and kissed his lips softly. “So are we good?”

He smiled and returned my kiss. “We’re good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, I cried writing this! I couldn't handle more than one chapter being really sad. So that's why they made up so soon! :)

Image

Image

Enjoy!!! xoxoxo! :)