Crossroads of Destiny

Chapter 10: EMERGENCY!

Chapter 10: EMERGENCY!

I stared down at his slumped form and broke out in cold sweat.. I didn’t know what do if someone passed out or fainted. I didn’t want to call the ambulance. His family support was crap. What if he didn’t have health insurance?

I glanced down once again and my heart raced. Butterflies circled my stomach. I decided that I had to do something, so I attempted to pull Gerard into the house. He was so goddamn heavy! Not that he was overweight really, but the fact that I was very small and not very strong.. Gerard wasn’t the tallest guy in the world either but he was sure stronger!

I put my hands under his arms and heaved. Yes! I succeeded in pulling him about three inches over the threshold. The neighbors must be terrified! Seeing me pulling in some limp stranger, they must think I’m a murderer. Dammit! I have to stop thinking about this, I have to concentrate on getting this heavy body into the house before anyone sees! Ha, now I do sound like an axe murderer.. Pulling hard again I finally got Gerard over the doorstep and into the house far enough to close the door.. I laid his body flat on the ground and tried to think.. Why hadn’t I paid some stupid attention in health class?

I crouched beside him, and watched his chest slowly rise and fall with each breath he took. Suddenly to my dismay, his breathing stopped. I quickly checked for a pulse, my own heart racing. He had one! Now what should I do? I had to think quickly. Then I came to the realization that he needed CPR. Oh god, I had to give my best friend -mouth-to-mouth-. I knew that I wanted my mouth over his, but did he want mine? Of course, I’m about to save his life! Get your butt down there and help him!

I crouched down once again and softly pressed my mouth to his.. I grimly remembered that this was not a kiss, but saving his life. I forced his mouth open, pulling on his chin..
Damn this was hot! I blew into his mouth and pushed down on his chest a couple of times.. I tried to do it exactly like the heroes did in the movies.. After pushing on his chest a little more I blew into his mouth again.. While in the middle of giving him a breath… My dad opened the door..