Status: Active.

Thinking of You

I

It was midnight and I was exhausted, I’d only just gotten home and I was sitting on my bed waiting for a call. I was watching some late night TV, flicking through the channels, I settled on infomercials, I stared blankly at the TV for another five minutes before my phone rang. I answered as quickly as I could.
“Hey” I smiled as I turned the TV off and got comfy so I could listen to his beautiful voice for another hour before I fell asleep. It was harder now that he was on tour. I only spoke to him every 3 days, sometimes if I was lucky and they had a spare minute he would call me more often, but it was a rare occasion.
“Hey honey” his soft voice came through the phone.
“How are you? You sound tired”
“Exhausted, we went out last night and I only just woke up, I set my alarm especially to call you”
“You didn’t have to, really, I understand that you get busy”
“No, no, no, nothing will keep me from calling you. I miss you too much.” He yawned, which caused me to also yawn. “Sorry” he laughed.
“It’s okay, I just finished work, the bar was really bust tonight, I really had to push to get out by 11:30” I sighed. I hated my job. I used to like it, but the late nights were really getting to me a lot more lately
“That sucks” I got up and walked into the kitchen, I turned the kettle on and started to make a cup of tea. “But I have something that should cheer you up” he said and I heard yelling in the back ground. “Have you told her yet!?” I heard Garret yell.
“Told me what?”
“We’re coming back to Australia” when he said those words my heart leapt. It had been nearly 4 months since I had seen him.
“Are you serious?” I asked smiling.
“Yeah, we’re touring with Taking Back Sunday” he continued talking about the tour, he sounded really excited.

We spoke for another hour after that, he told me after they toured around Australia he wanted me to come to Arizona with him, because they were finally having a break from touring.
“John, you know I can’t really afford to take time off my job, especially not to travel” I sighed.
“Dallas you don’t have to worry about that” He sighed.
“No! John you cannot pay for me” he sighed again and I just stared at the wall, the kettle had long since boiled but I was thinking about how to handle this conversation. The last time we had argued about money he ended up sending me an iPhone so we could face time. I didn’t want to him to keep paying for things for me.
“Dee you don’t have enough money to afford flights and I do. Why won’t you just let me do this one thing for you?” He asked.
“Because you earn so little money for how hard you work.” I frowned.
“Dee don’t be silly. I barely spend any money because this tour is so big that nearly everything is paid for. I really just want to do this for you”
“Is this going to be like the iPhone thing?”
“It certainly is, so you better have a passport sweetheart” he seemed so happy.
“Alright then” I sighed.
“Hey we just pulled up to the venue, everyone’s about to go on, do you want to skype on Monday?” he asked. It was Friday night and they always had busy weekends, so I was used to not being able to talk to him very often. “We can do it 2 P.M. your time if you want, I know you don’t have any classes then, I have your uni schedule on my phone because I’m a stalker” he laughed.
“Or maybe because I sent it to you” I laughed too. “But that sounds good. I’m going to head off to bed babe, I’m so tired and I have to get up early tomorrow to get lunch with mum” I yawned loudly.
“Night love. I’ll facebook you tomorrow when I get a chance. Love you”
“Love you too. Miss you” I sighed.
“I miss you too. Sweet dreams” he hung up and I walked back into my room, I’d been sitting in my lounge room for the past hour. I walked past Zoe’s room and I heard her TV so I opened the door,

Zoe was tall, she had long blonde hair that went nearly down to her waist and she was perfectly curvy and thin at the same time. She was probably the closest thing to a sister I’d ever had. I had grown up with 2 brothers, both of them older than me and utterly annoying. Zoe was still finishing her assignment for uni we were both enrolled at JMC, studying entertainment business management.

“Hey Dee” she smiled pausing her TV.
“Whats up?” I asked sitting on her desk chair
“Just trying to finish this stupid module” she had been working on it for the past three days. Mine only took me 2 days, but that’s because I chose a different area to study.
“Chill out” I laughed. “Come have a smoke with me?” I asked
“Sure” she shrugged saving the work on her laptop before we went outside to our balcony sitting on our patio furniture we lit up and took in the warm air and the night sky.

We were sitting in silence, which is what we normally did at midnight if we went out for a smoke, it was too late to be noisy and both of us were usually just about ready for bed. She looked over at me and I could tell she was trying to figure out what was wrong with me.
“I miss John” I shrugged. It wasn’t really that big of a deal. It was expected with a long distance relationship, especially when you spoke to that person once or twice a week because one of you were busy touring the world.
“Do you know when you’re seeing him next?” she asked quietly. She knew not to bother comforting me, because it was just a big circle of events. I miss John, I have a cigarette, I listen to his music, we talk on the phone and the vicious cycle starts again as soon as I’m off the phone to him.
“Yeah, they’re going to be here in 2 and a half months” I smiled.
“That’s great” she smiled. “How long for?”
“Only a week I think, maybe a bit longer. But he want’s me to come back with him for a month because they have some time off” I shrugged.
“You should do it!” she urged. “Seriously Dee, go and stay with him. Think of how nice it will be to wake up next to him more than once every few months. A whole month with him will be so good for you” she seemed more keen than I was.
“You think that will be a good idea?” I asked.
“Yes! Please Dee!”
“But what are you going to do while I’m gone?” I asked.
“I’ll have Lee over” she shrugged. She and Lee had been dating for 6 months but you could tell they were so in love, just by spending five minutes with them, they were so in sync, it was nice.
“Okay. The house better not smell like boy when I get back though” I laughed. She started laughing too, and then I realised something.
“Zo! John lives with Kennedy, their house will just stink of boy. I don’t think you understand how badly I am going to suffer!” She laughed even harder at my realisation.
“You’ll be fine” she smiled.

We went to bed and I checked my phone just as I was about to turn the light off, I got a text from John, with a picture of a parcel.
When you get this parcel, call me straight away. I don’t care what time it is. I love you baby.
I smiled. I turned my lamp off and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I hope you like this one, just an idea that I've been toying with. :)