Status: In Progress

The Bittersweet Between My Teeth

Two Steps Forward

New York City was always beautiful at night, especially when the view of the skyline was visible from a high vantage point. Raven was lucky that her dorm was near the top floor of the university, because she could easily make her way up to the roof to watch the lights in the city flicker. Of course, from her view, she could also see Stark Tower standing over all other buildings. It was like a pain in her heart when she looked at it, completely different from the original hope she had felt when finding out that Tony Stark was moving to New York City.

It was a week since she had met her older brother, and she’d spent seven days just going through the motions. Class, work, homework, sleep. Rinse and repeat. She hadn't seen Peter Parker since his heroic stunt either. Raven made her way up to the roof, feeling a sense of dread as she walked. The city air was cold as it crashed against her skin when she opened the door, and she took a seat towards the middle of the roof. The night sky was bright with the twinkle of thousands of city lights, and there was no end to the skyscrapers that filled the line of sight. Suddenly, her phone started to go off. Not wanting to know who it was, Raven stared disdainfully at the glowing in her pocket. The phone ceased ringing, but as soon as it was done it started up again.

“What do you want?” Raven snapped into the phone finally. “Um… Are you okay?” a male voice said on the other end of the line. Raven relaxed when she realized who it was. “I’m fine, Peter. Just a little wound up. Tony’s been calling me every day since our fight.” She explained, staring out at Stark Tower. “Tony sounds like a real jerk. Now, me on the other hand, I’ve been calling every day, and I’m not a real jerk, so I don’t get why you haven’t answered any of my phone calls.” Peter said. Raven couldn’t figure out what it was about the tone of his voice, but it was only moments before she recognized that his voice was portraying the feeling she’d felt since she first met Tony. Disappointment.

“Peter, you’re right, you’re not a jerk. You’re actually a really great guy. Would you like to get together tomorrow?” she wondered, walking down from the roof. She tucked her hand in her pocket and headed down the corridor towards her dorm. “Actually, I called because I was in your neck of the woods. I kinda sorta really need someone to see.” Peter answered. Raven unlocked her door, and her eyes widened. “How in the hell did you get into my room, Parker?” she demanded. Peter was splayed out on her bed, His long limbs dangled over the sides of the bed, and his phone was clenched in one fist.as he grinned up at Raven.

“I sort of had an easy enough time climbing the fire escape and in through the open window.” Peter replied with a wink, sitting up. Peter tucked his legs under his body, and Raven sat down across from him. Her heart went into overdrive at the close proximity to those puppy dog eyes, and she tucked her phone into her pocket. “Why’d you come out here?” she wondered, staring into the puppy eyes. He cocked his head to the side and bit down on his lip, “I was in the neighborhood, I already told you that!” he said. Raven reached down and pulled his backpack up off of the floor.

She moved to hand it to Peter, but she saw a piece of fabric spilling out through an opening in the backpack. Unzipping it the rest of the way, Raven pulled out the suit that was sitting inside. Peter reached to take it away, his face cold and confused as he watched her reaction. “What the hell is this, Parker?”She whispered, staring up at him. “Look, I can explain…” Peter started, taking it from her hands. Raven stared at the Spiderman suit before her. “Are you seriously planning on being Spiderman for Halloween, Peter? You could be so much more original than that.” She reprimanded. Peter let out a sigh of relief, leaning back against the wall before shoving the costume back into the backpack.

“I think Spiderman is pretty badass. Besides, everyone who would even care about someone dressed like Spiderman is on the police force.” Peter finally answered. His eyes were dark with thought, and he stuck his hand out and took Raven’s in his own. “What’s wrong, Peter?” “I don’t know what you mean, Raven. Nothing’s wrong.” He replied, his voice empty of feeling as he was lost in thought. Raven placed a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at her. Heartbeats were the only sound in the room, but outside, the New York streets buzzed with noise. Horns beeped from cabs that were stuck in traffic, people yelled at one another for various reasons. The noises didn’t reach Peter or Raven’s ears, because they were too caught up in each other.

It felt like an hour had passed before they spoke, but it was only five minutes. Breaking the silence, Peter cracked a joke about how he was seeing an older woman, and Raven hit him in the arm. “You’re not seeing me.” She corrected. Peter lifted a finger, laughing. “I think you’re wrong there, Raven.” Peter pulled on her hand, yanking her forward so that she sat nestled in his lap. “Peter, what are you doing…” she gasped. He had his hands holding onto her waist, and she was locked against him in every way possible, with the way that she had ended up positioned. Peter’s breath hit hers in short, shallow beats, and Raven’s lips sat merely inches from his.

Peter was the first to make a move. He moved his lips closer to hers, until each could feel the soft press of lips on lips. It was like dropping a match into gasoline, and from then on, there was no turning back. Raven adjusted herself so that she was straddling Peter, and she nibbled lightly on his bottom lip. The younger boy was awkwardly trying to figure out where to put his hands, and he settled with resting them on her ass. “You’re seriously going straight for the butt?” Raven mumbled against his lips. Peter chuckled into her mouth, tugging her forward so that her torso rested against his. “Gotta start somewhere, don’t I?” he replied, moving his lips onto her neck.

Raven let out a tiny moan as Peter trailed kisses along the skin of her neck, and she tangled her fingers in his hair. A noise broke their makeout session, and Peter jumped up, knocking Raven backwards. “What was that?!” she shouted, covering her mouth when she remembered that no one was supposed to be in her room. “A gun shot. Lock the doors and window. Look… I’ll be back tomorrow, okay? Text me every five minutes to make sure that I know you’re okay.” Peter said, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the window. He had his backpack draped over his shoulder, and he stuck one leg out the window. “Peter, where are you going?” Raven demanded, worry filling her chest. “Don’t worry about it. PROMISE me you’ll text every five minutes.” He pleaded.

Raven stared into his puppy eyes before nodding, and Peter leaned over and pressed his lips to hers. “We’ll pick up where we left off.” He promised before climbing out of the window. He shut it from outside, pointing at the lock. She locked the window obediently, and then watched as Peter took off down the fire escape. Worry filled her chest, but it started to dissipate as Peter reappeared on the street, running off in the direction of the subway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, I'm trying to get up chapters of all the stories in the next week! Love you all for sticking by me while I try. :)