Time to Dance

An Early Birthday Surprise

I made it home and got ready for bed. I was really tired tonight and wanted to get a jumpstart on sleep. I was hoping I would at least just have one night without any nightmares. I closed my eyes but laid there in bed wide awake.

I looked at the clock one last time and it read eleven-thirty. "Great." I sighed and then fell asleep finally. I didn't get to sleep long because I heard a tap on my window.

"Nate?" I asked confused and sleepily as I opened my window. "Do you know what time it is and how long I have laid awake. I just fell into a deep sleep." I said scolding him.

"I can't sleep." He replied as he came into my room.

"You can't sleep?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it though." He said.

"Are you ok?" I asked checking his forehead to see if he was running a fever.

"I am fine." He smiled. "But I had to see you." He said kissing me.

"Well, I guess you can sleep in here for the night. My door is locked." I laughed.

"Very funny. Do you know what time it is?" Nate asked me.

"Yeah, it is midnight and time for me to get my beauty sleep." I said about to hop in my bed.

"Well before my sleeping beauty goes to sleep, I have something I want to show you." He said making me stand in front of him. "Close your eyes." He said. I was skeptic at first. "It's ok. I am not going to bite you or anything." He laughed.

"Fine." I said closing my eyes.

"Hold your hands out." He said. I did as I was told.

"Ok, you can open them now." He said after he placed a box in my hands.

"Nate, you didn't have to get me anything." I said.

"I know but it is now midnight and your birthday. Birthday girls should always have a present, especially you." He said. I kissed him on the lips.

"Aren't you going to open it?" He grinned.

I opened it and saw a beautiful silver ring. "Nate, it's beautiful. You didn't have to do that. We haven't even been going out for that long." I said taking it out of the box.

"I know but we are meant to be. I can feel it. I just know and I know you feel it too ever since we were little." Nate smiled.

I grabbed him and kissed him. Then I walked over to my jewelry box and pulled out a silver chain that belonged to mom. She gave it to me a few years ago.

"What are you doing?" Nate asked curiously.

"Well, rather then wearing it and maybe losing it on my finger, I thought that I would keep you close to my heart." I smiled as I was about to place the chain through the ring.

"You might want to read the inside of the ring first." Nate grinned.

I looked at the inscription on the ring. It read, "two hearts that beat as one forever." Ok now maybe that sounds corny to most but to me it was true. I don't know where I would be if Nate was not here.

"It is a promise ring and I promise to always be here for you no matter what." Nate smiled.

I wanted to tell him that I love him but I was afraid to. Heck, I didn't even tell Dean that when we were together but I feel it with Nate. I mean I know that we are meant to be but do we really love each other yet? I mean our dating relationship just started. I don't want to scare him away with an I love you.

Instead I just grabbed Nate and hugged him after he helped me put on the necklace. Then, we kissed long and hard. He then looked into my eyes and picked me up carrying me to my bed. Nate placed me on my bed and we started to make out.

Things were starting to get steamy but we both stopped ourselves before anything else could occur. I knew I was still a virgin but I wasn't exactly sure about Nate even though we were always close. That is something he never shared with me if he lost it.

I climbed in under my covers and rolled over on my right side as Nate climbed in on top of the covers. He was still wearing the clothes he had on earlier except his shirt. He had removed it when we started making out.

Nate had a very nice body indeed. It made me grin an evil smile as naughty thoughts raced through my head. Bad Alexandra.

"Alexandra?" Nate replied as he turned out my lamp on my nightstand.

"Yes?" I replied turning over to face him.

"Nothing." He said kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight, Nate." I said rolling back over.

"Happy Birthday." Nate said as we started to fall asleep but me with a smile on my face.