Time to Dance

Who Are You Calling A Freak?

"So, Alex, I hear from my parents that your parents are throwing a huge bash for your birthday!" Kayla exclaimed as we were getting books out of our locker we shared for our next class we shared.

"Yeah, they are. I told them I hate parties. At least, they aren't fighting over this. They are getting along better because they have something they are working and agreeing on together." I said.

"Well, if it isn't two of the Fall Out Boy loser click children." Jake, a jock replied coming down the hall.

"Hey, get it right. My father is the lead singer of Panic at The Disco." Kayla smarted back.

"Man, I would love to have a piece of that!" His buddy Eric replied smacking my ass.

"Hey! That's my girlfriend you are talking about." My boyfriend Dean said as he approached us.

"Dean, it is ok. Just ignore the douches." I said rolling my eyes.

Dean and I have been seeing each other for two months. We of course have been friends for years but he asked me out and I couldn't say no. I like Dean. He is a great guy but I don't know. Kayla was jealous at first when we started dating but she eventually got over it because she never let Dean know how she felt and she never told me about it.

"Who are you calling douches?" Jake replied. "Maybe you are a..." He didn't get to finish. Dean started wailing on Jake and then Jake's friend joined in hurting Dean.

"Stop it!" I screamed grabbing Jake's arm and flipping him over and down the hall.

"Freak!" Jake exclaimed as he stood up holding his arm.

"All right break it up." Principal Johnson replied walking down the hall.

Dean, Jake, I want you two in my office now!" He said making them both follow him to his office.

"But..but.. she did it!" Jake yelled down the hall.

"How did you do that?" Kayla asked me.

"I...I don't know. I guess I just got so mad that my adrenaline kicked in." I said shocked at myself.

"That was some adrenaline." She said.

"Hey, are you ok?" Nate said before the bell rang to our english class that we all shared.

"How long have you been standing there, brother?" Kayla asked rolling her eyes.

"Not long. I just showed up to see Dean and Jake being escorted to the office." Nate replied.

I looked over at Nate and thought I saw him smile at me. I wanted to smile back but I was afraid to. I mean yeah we are best friends but still...maybe part of me wished we were something more?

That's stupid Alex. Get a grip. I am seeing Dean and Nate and I don't want to lose our friendship.

"I saw that." Kayla said behind me as I followed Dean into class.

"What did you see?" I said as I took my seat.

"I see the way that you two look at each other. Seriously, just ditch Dean and go out with my brother. I give you permisson only because it is you." She said laughing in a whisper so Nate would not hear.

"I so wish but I don't want to lose our friendship and besides, he never asked me out." I said back at Kayla before the bell rang.