Status: Erratic updates, but please coments and I'll do my best to update

The Blessing and the Blessed

Apparently an Excellent Guesser

I was wandering aimlessly around the heavily decorated streets when I bumped into Ace. "Al! 'ow ye been? Enjoyin' the festivities?" He grinned as girl hung from his hip.
"Aye, it's been fun, but a bit overwhelming."
"Ye not used to so many people?"
"Not really. I lived here for only a few months before joining the crew. So my interaction with crowds is limited."
He laughed heartily. "Ye'll 'et use to it. I'll 'elp ye." He slung an arm around my shoulder and dragged me to different places. After two cups of something alcoholic, I was finally relaxing. I played a weird gambling game where we guessed odds or evens. I apparently am an excellent guesser.
Ace howled a cheer as I won yet another round. "Ye seem ta know w'at ye be doin'. Ye sure ye neva done 'is be fore?"
"Never." I grinned.
"W'at's ye secret?"
"I go with my gut and listen."
"'ell I be out. Al, play one more and we'll leave." I nodded and the game began. I placed the die in my cup, shook it, and slammed it on the table. I listened as the die jumped around and finally quieted.
"Even." Guy one.
"Even." Guy two
"Odd." Guy three.
"...odd." Me.
"Even." replied the judge. We all uncovered our die and found that Guy two and I were correct. We repeated the action of round one.
"Odd." Guy two said as he stared right at me.
"...odd." I replied calmly. I was correct, while my opponent lost.
"Ye must be cheating!" He reached across the table and grabbed a handful of shirt.
"Calm yer self, sir. Un'and 'im." Ace placed a firm grip on the man's shoulder. "I double cap'in would appreciate 'earin' ye accused 'is crewman of cheatin'." His warm brown eyes stared seriously at the man.
"Sorry." The man chucked the material back at me and i stood up.
"Ye alright?" Ace asked as we went on our way.
"Aye. Thanks." I smiled.
"Ah, no problem Al." He grinned though he looked a little startled for a moment. We eventually met up with Spades and a few other crew members. It was almost time for the huge feast when Madam Clear waved us over.
"There ye be! I've been looking all over for ye. Al, do ye mind being my partner tonight?"
Startled, I asked, "For what?"
"The main dance this year. The man who was suppose to be my partner can't."
"Ah, what dance?"
"The Mariner and Albatross. Ye know that one, aye?"
"...Aye. I be?"
"The Mariner. Ye'll be last so ye can watch the others to refresh yer memory."
"Okay. When is it?"
"I'll get ye."
"Okay."
"Thank ye. Well, I'll be back. I have to go help finish setting up." She waved good-bye and hurried off. For a woman of 60ish she sure could move.
"Ye know how to dance?" Spades asked a bit surprised.
"Aye." I replied as I scratched the back of my head. Before anyone could ask anymore questions, Madam Clear announced the beginning of the feast and we all hurried to find a seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm debating having Al participate in a drinking game... I fear that may go horribly wrong for her. Well, I guess we'll see. Cheers!