Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

Kisses In The Attic

When I first stood up in the musty room, it was completely dark.

"James?" I whispered echoed into the darkness. I shivered from the coolness of the place and wrap my arms around my body. Goosebumps prickled across my skin.

"I'm right here, Reneé." James said coming from behind me. I jump back at the surprise and let out a sharp yelp.

"Shh," James murmurs placing one of his thick fingers on my lips "You don't want us getting caught. Do you?" He questioned me. I shake my head. Somehow in the darkness I could faintly make out James' facial features. If I wasn't mistaken I would've sworn he was smirking.

"I can't see anything." I say quietly once his finger was removed. There is a brisk scratching sound before a flame brightened the area around us. James held up his lighter and just as I suspected. He is indeed smirking. I notice the attic is doing it purpose by harboring many old boxes, chests, and other dusty containers.

"You say you didn't know about up here?" James asks walking past me. I nod even though his back is too. He kneels down and more light appears. He hands me a dusty candle.

"Thanks?" I say slowly. James uses his lighter to light the candle he is holding.

"There should be a light switch somewhere. It should be along the all or hanging from the rafters" James said then continue to search for a switch

"Why do you want to stay up here?" I ask him curiously. James shrugs. I roll my eyes as James continued to look for a light switch.

The light from my candle only illuminated a few feet of my surroundings. I didn't know what to expect from the attic. The stale musty air proved it hadn't been occupied in a very long time. For all I knew the floor boards could be faulty I could trip over something. I kneeled down, my fingertips brushed against the cool wood floor. I decided that the space was suitable to sit on. Next too me was a box shaped object covered over by a dusty white sheet. I pull it off and cloud of dust explodes on my face.

"You okay?" James asks from a distance

I wave my hand in front of my face as the debris settles "Yeah" I cough. "fan fucking tactic" under the sheet was a old looking luggage case. It was square hard and green. When I tried opening it, I discovered that it was locked.

"What do you got here?" James asks standing over me. I continude my yelp as I retreat backwards "Jumpy tonight, I see." James chuckles as he squatted to my level.

"I don't know. It locked."

"That's unfortunate" he grunted sitting next to me.

"Did you find that light switch?"

"Yes, but it doesn't have a light bulb."

I roll my eyes again. I didn't want to stay in the attic with James anymore. All the dust was irritating my sinuses.

"What's wrong love?" James asked tenderly pulling me in to his arms. When I felt his warmth around my body all of my goose bumps instantly dissipated.

"I don't like this dusty old attic." I whisper as I feel James breath on my neck.

"But you're here with me alone. That should make it better, right?" He kissed my shoulder gently.

"yeah," I sigh, as he slowly works his kisses to my neck. His grip on my side's tightens and slowly make their way down.

"wait!" I freeze. Suddenly I went from my body being supple to the man's touch to ridge. He stops moving his hands abruptly but does not remove them. "James," I whisper but before I could form a coherent sentence James lips met mine.

It wasn't like the day at the laundromat, when it was impulsive and aggressive. This kiss was soft and sweet. He moved me around so that I was facing him. He gently stroked my cheek with his large calloused hands. With his face right in front of mind he kissed me again, as a let the kiss deepened his leaned in and let his weight over take me as I gently laid down. Before I knew it he was atop of me his knee went in between mine and I began to feel his hand slowly glide down my side and to my thigh when his hand got to knee he wrapped his fingers around the area and yanked my leg around his waist. At this point we were both breathing very heavily. His lips released mine and he stared in to my eyes.

“Why do you look so scared?” He questioned with a furrowed brow.

“You’re moving really fast, James” I breathed. My face was hot, and I felt my cheeks tingle and burn slightly but me blushing was the last of my worries at this point.

“Do you want me to stop?” He asked lifting his body up slightly from me his elbows locked on either side of me. I bit my lip as I gazed at the man above me. The candle light was dim but I could still see how handsome he was. I remembered the first day I saw him when I went over to give the guys brownies my mom baked. I thought he was so perfect looking. It wasn't Sam or Cameron and differently not Danny or Ben that i was interested in. I had seen James for who he was the last few weeks. He was far from perfect but who was?

Maybe it was hormones talking but I didn’t care. “Not really” I admitted. James chuckled and smirked and continued to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I haven't updated this story in like a year. I don't think anyone else is interested in this but I like to try to accomplish more of it so....yeah :)