Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

The Not So Great Escape

The very next morning I woke up in a dimly lit atmosphere. I soon realized I was still in the attic and my head laid on James bear chest. He was still soundly asleep. The Candle had completely melted and the only light that came through was the bit that came through the shudders at the front of the attic. I sit up I realized that my shirt is not on my body which was a slight problem considering I don't sleep with a bra on and no one in their right mind should do so. With a quick glance around I spot my tank top near me and slide it on, I could have James see like that. After a certain point in our make out sesh I stop him. It got really hot and another girl in my position with one shred of less self control probably would have done more but I convinced myself not too. I get up and I look down and contemplate too wake him up or not. He looked so peaceful, I decided against it. I didn't think he’d be waking up anytime soon.

I leave the attic and put up the stairs just in case after me. I was almost certain you could open them back up from the inside. I took a shower and left my room to find something to eat. It was still early morning around 9 o’clock but grams was up and had already cooked breakfast. Dylan sat at the dining room table with his half eaten breakfast in front of him and his DS glued to his face practically.

“Good morning, Dylan” I said passing him.

“Morning” he hardly grunted not moving his eyes from his game.

“Hope you are hungry, Alpa” Grams said

“I am” I reply as I go into the cabinet and grab two dixie plates, I kept it stacked so it didn't look suspicious. I hand my grandmother the plate and she puts an omelette and sausage on it and hands it back with a smile “Actually, I’m really hungry. Can I have some more?” she puts a few more sausages on the plate without question “Like, can I have another omelette?”

“Really hungry this morning?” Grams says before sliding another on the dixie plate

“Thanks, where mom?”

“She went into town to run some errands. Did you invite those boys to dinner?”

“Oh Sam and Cameron, I forgot! Sorry it gets a little hectic over there. I’ll tell them today” I promise. I turn around and go back up the stairs to my room and lock the door behind me. I place the two plates on my dresser and separate the food evenly but giving all the sausage to one plate. I hear a slight thud coming from my closet and James walked out , he had his slung over his shoulder. The way the morning light hit his body was beautiful. It was the first time I really saw his tattoos.

“Hey,” he said in still sleepy voice.

“Breakfast?” I say offering him the plate with the sausage on it. He smiles and accepts the food.

“You cooked” He asked taking a massive bite of the breakfast food

I shake my head “Nope, my grandmother did.” He looks up from the dixie plate and looked at me questionably “But I can cook, though” he chuckles

“I wouldn't doubt that. I think most American woman can” he said sitting on my bed. I take a sit adjacent to him. He is sitting at the foot and i rest my back against the headboard crossing my legs and sitting my food on my lap.

“What do mean by that?” I questioned

“I didn't really mean much about it, from my experiences british women can be uptight and mean. American girls are more docile and domesticated. I’m not stereotyping it just from my personal experiences.”

“So the women you typically date American?”

“Absolutely, I only date American girls anyway. They’re beautiful tan, and there is a never ending cloud over England” I couldn’t help myself but to laugh out loud a little “So what happened in the attic last night. I’m sorry my memory is a slightly foggy, I was a kinda drunk”

Well, that struck me as odd and almost slightly infuriating but i wasn't sure how i felt just yet “Well what do you remember?” I asked still trying to decide how I felt “You didn’t act drunk” I also pointed out

“Not much, bit and pieces. I remember talking to you and you hiding me in the closet, i remember the attic….”

“That’s it?” I say realizing I’m slightly disappointed. I dont think I could ever forget a single moment of it. It was magical for me, I don’t think anyone had made me feel the way James made me feel. And to think I almost had sex with made me even more sad because he would have remembered that either

“Yeah honestly” he admits “Like if you were hiding me, how the hell did I sneak in here?”

“You climbed up that tree and through my window” I told him pointing that area of my room

There was look nothing short of a surprise and shock on James’ face “Are you serious!?” I nod. I cant believe that, I shocked I didn’t fall, that would have been a disastrous “ He chuckled once more. “What else happened that I don't remember?” he asked ‘Oh you have no idea’ is what I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him how he made me feel, how he proclaimed his care for me and wanted it to be serious or how we talked until we saw the sun come up almost but it wasn't fair for me to hold him responsible for some empty promise he committed too was he was intoxicated “I hope I didn’t say something stupid”

“Um,” I swallowed hard. It was now or never if I told James the truth “You talked a lot about your ex” I said simply

“Brandi?” He stated questionably. I nodded “I said that we broke up?” There was a slight panic in my voice and I give him a confirmation nod. “Oh no!”

“You said she cheated on you again” I said

“Thanks for breakfast but I gotta go” He said getting up leaving his omelette have eaten on my bed and heading for the door. I stopped him

“Hey just wait a minute! Did you forget that you had sneek up here!? My grandmother, little brother and who knows when my mother will show up” I say stepping in front of him. My back was pressed against the door and James was staring down at me at just a few inches away. It reminded me of last night it pained me that those memories where only mine to keep, I just wished to kiss him but I knew it was wrong.

“How am I supposed to climb down that tree I dont even remember how the hell I got up?” James exclaimed a little too loudly

“Don’t yell!” I whispered. “Now c’mon” I said grabbing his arm and walking over to my cushioned windowsill. I opened the window and as glanced to see Dylan in the backyard flying his airplane with some other boy around his age. “Damnit” I cursed. I started to weigh my options, Dylan probably wouldn’t squeal on me but he hang it over my head as blackmail to get me to do stuff for him that would almost be as worst as my mom punishing me on the spot. I decided to take my chances and try to sneak him out the front door. “It’s your lucky day Cassells” I say to him. I slowly open my door and look down the hall. Clear as suspect Grams rarely came upstairs I motioned for him to follow me down stairs. The living room empty meant there was a good chance at pulling this off i sprinted for the door and opened it I heard James follow quickly behind me and as he shut the front door, the feeling of accomplishment flooded me

“We are you going so quickly?” I heard my grandmother say. My accomplishment drained as I turned on my barefooted heel to see my grandmother on the swinging bench and thorton at her feet. She looked up and James and smiled “Oh are you Cameron?” she inquired

“Um, no ma’am. My name is James”

I had a mini panic attack as they talked “Will you be joining us for dinner tonight James?”

“Grams, I thought you wanted Cameron and Sam for dinner?”

“Invite James too! He seems he’d be a good guest”

“Ok then,” I take a breath and I realize that I’ve been holding my breath “I’m going next door to fix their washing machine be back soon I say hurriedly walking down the steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is bad its been awhile not only since I wrote this story but at all so I didn't really edit this sorry if they are errors :)

Thank you flawless.unicorn and MzHyde6661 I'm glad you missed this story haha I thought everyone forgot about it.

Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine