Status: This is a new fan fiction I am writing. I hope you enjoy it :)

OverExposed: Making Me Love You

Sweetest Goodbye

I gently pushed Adam away from me slapping a hand over my mouth; my eyes were wide with shock. Why on Earth had he kissed me? And why did I not care? Seeing the regret in his eyes, it made me want to pull him back to me and kiss the living hell out of him, but I couldn’t. I had to remember I had a boyfriend. Before I could do anything stupid like kiss him again, I turned away from Adam and took a deep, calming breath. The security guard just watched me through curious eyes. I held up a finger singling for him to wait just another moment.

“Alyce, I-I’m sorry. I just got so caught up in your laughter and mesmerized by your smile,” he said lamely.

I softly chuckled as I turned back to face him. “That was so cheesy,” I told him refusing to look him in the eye by playing with my hat that I had taken back when during the short time he had kissed me.

“Yeah, I know,” he sighed rubbing the back of his neck. “It was the only thing I could think of to properly justify my actions.”

“Adam,” I groaned still wondering what had made him remember. “I—”

“You have a boyfriend don’t you?” he interrupted coming to his own conclusion probably based off my shamed expression.

“Yeah…” I admitted almost regretfully. Right now I was seriously wishing I didn’t…although I do love my boyfriend, but this is Adam Levine we’re talking about.

“I should have guessed a pretty face like yours would be taken,” he chuckled at himself.

“How did you figure out it was me?” I blurted out wanting to find out the answer before I left and never saw him again.

“I’ll tell you…only if you agree to go to lunch with me. As friends, of course,” he quickly tacked on.

“Adam, I don’t k—”

“Please, Alyce. Let’s catch up and talk about the ups and downs of our lives in the eleven years that has passed,” he softly pleaded.

“I’m pretty sure I know what has happened to you in the eleven years that has gone by,” I smiled teasing him. Adam rolled his eyes nodding.

“Yeah, true, but I want to know about you. Come on, please? Just ONE lunch?”

“Don’t you have a tour to finish?” I inquired stalling on having to answer his question.

“It’ll be over in a couple weeks. Once it’s over THEN will you go to lunch with me? I’ll even let you pick the place,” he tried to bribe me.

“The paparazzi will be everywhere no matter where we go,” I reminded him. There was no such thing as a celebrity having a peaceful lunch with an old friend, if you could even really call us friends. Technically we were just two people that had happened to cross paths eleven years ago. The paparazzi would see us eating together and plaster our pictures all over the front page talking about Adam’s new beau.

“That’s why I’ll let you pick. I’ll even go out in a disguise if it will make you agree to go to lunch with me,” he offered stepping closer to me. I bit my bottom lip trying to hold back the happy grin that threatened to spread across my face. I can’t believe I was standing here with THE Adam Levine pleading for me to go out to lunch with him. This was every girl’s fantasy I was living right now.

“Pleeeeeaaaase, Alyce?” Adam begged thrusting his bottom lip out in a playful pout. His dazzling hazel green orbs growing wide with faux innocence. I released a defeated sigh.

“Alright fine,” I agreed twirling the hat between my fingers before placing it on my head once more.

“Great,” Adam beamed once he finally got his way. He reached out his hand waiting for something.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Give me your phone so I can program my number into it,” he laughed motioning for me to hand over one of my most prized possessions. I dug my phone out of my pocket and reluctantly handed it over to him.

Adam made quick work of programming his number into my phone before slipping it back into my hand.

“I’ll call you once the tour is over and we can set everything up then, okay?” he said excitedly looking like a little kid that had been trapped inside his favorite candy store for the night.

“But how will you call me if I’m the one that has your number?”

“I sent a text to my phone from yours. So now I have your number,” he grinned mischievously.

“Oh…Well, alright then. I’m gonna head back to my friends though,” I repeated regretfully.

Adam wrapped his arms around my shoulders and brought me in for a tight hug. Melting into his embrace, I wrapped my arms around his waist resting my head against his torso. He intertwined his fingers in my hair and gave me one last gentle squeeze before releasing me. It felt like the sweetest goodbye. One that I knew, this time, wouldn’t part us for eleven years. Just two weeks.

“I’ll call you,” he promised with a smile. I returned that goofy grin with one of my own before turning back to the guard.

“I’m ready now. I promise,” I assured the guard. His lips lifted into a small smile as he started leading me down the hallway.

I did my best to resist looking back at him, but giving in I glanced over my shoulder only to see Adam walking backwards smiling at me as I walked away. My cheeks flushed red with embarrassment that he had caught me looking back at him.

Boyfriend or no…what girl wouldn’t be excited about what was to come in the next two weeks?
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for this chapter being so much shorter than the last one I posted, but I assure you the next one will be longer (about its normal length). I just needed this one to be kind of short since there will be a lot going on in the next chapter.

AND we get to meet Alyce's boyfriend finally xD

As always COMMENT PLEASE!! They make me cry rainbows of happiness ^_^

Image