Status: Please keep in mind that I did not create this story from ordinary inspiration. Instead it came from a nightmare.

Pair of 3

Wisdom

2…

She slivers her arm into his and the couple glides across the marble walk way to the open stairs.

The stairs split the house from North-West to South-East. The room is lit dimly by a moonstone blown chandelier. The couple split their union and each take their post at the edge of the stair cases. One by one in unison they walk down the stair case as the rest of the crowd gazes in awe. Stephen steps out in front of the stairs to announce. “Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Ms. Bennett and Mr. Blaine.” The couple gracefully walk down each step and link arms once again as they meet at the bottom of the stair case. “Thank you guys for coming tonight. Mr. Blaine and myself are ecstatic with the outcome of this party. If I can have everyone’s attention. I would like to introduce my newest addition. Conner Reid.” Conner steps out of the shadows of the grand halls and steadily heads down the stairs. “Now as you guys all know Conner is my newest exertion. I have not preformed anything yet. He is still in his human form, as some of you guys might be. But tonight is his last night of his former self. So if you all would be so kind and treat him with the up most cheerful spirits, that would be greatly appreciated.”

Swan! Rose! How have you been? I haven’t seen you since you left the house. How is your body? I’ve been great! This party is grand, like always. I still remember the party you threw for me. I was so happy to be able to be a part of your collection. You saved me from a lifetime of mistakes and regrets. Oh well, I’m glad. You look great in that Teal colored dress. It suits you nicely. Oh I almost forgot, I wanted to present to you my new lover. Come over here! Rose waves at a shadowy, tall gentleman, with a medium size build. Charles, I’d like you to meet Ms. Swan. She’s the one I’m always talking about. Nice to meet you Ms.…Bennett. Swan replies. My name is Swan Bennett, she adds. Well it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. The pleasures all mine. And you are?

Charleston Gage. Rose chimes in. She wraps a short slender arm around Charles’s waist. Rose was a petite woman with characteristic features closest to a doll. When Swan first encountered her. Rose originally Natalie, was crossing the street when a distracted driver hit another and trapped her in a the middle of a 3-car collision. Natalie was limp on the street drowning in a pool of her own blood. Before the incident occurred Natalie was living a strange life, feeding her own sanity with tragic fairy-tales. She had a mentality to never be a commitment to society. She felt like she was different and she was. She was one of the only people to see the corruption of society early on.
Well I hope you enjoy yourself. Swan turns swiftly around to face Rose. Now you take care of yourself.

You look like you’ve done a great job keeping up. “Thank you so much, Swan.” Rose takes Swan’s hands in to hers and shots Swan a sincere look. “For everything.” They embrace in a warm hug for a second. Swan then returns to Logan’s side and the couple make their rounds around the room. Many of the participants are part of Swan’s collection of dolls. Each with different stories. Some tragic, others cheerful but had the desire of a new change. Each individually led them to Swan Bennett. Whatever the reason, one detail connected them all to Swan. That reason was never specified to Swan. Although for some odd reason she was always there when a key event happened in their lives.

Wow, I’m tired Swan. Let’s go retire in the main chamber room. In a minute, Logan. She grabs a glass of wine off of a try, presented to her by a moving waiter.

-Ding- -Ding- -Ding- “Everyone, I would like to say something.” The party avert their attention to Ms. Bennett’s direction. “Thank you all for coming to commemorate Conner Reid’s new journey. If anyone would like to stay for the night. Please let either Danni, or Stephen know and they will accommodate you to one of the many open rooms of this mansion. I hope you guys do enjoy your stay. But be weary tomorrow I MUST Not be disturbed. Not even once. If you need anything please contact one of the maids, Stephen or Danni. They will help you with anything you might need. For now I’m going to retire in the main chamber. Thank you everyone and goodnight.”

“Swan!” She spins on her heel as she was about to accompany Logan to the main chamber. Yes Jacque?

“Can I come to the main chamber with you too? These people are a bit dry for my taste and I have not seen you in months mon amie. I miss you dearly.” He strides closer to Swan linking his arm to her suddenly free one. Well, come Jacque. Let us catch up. Stephen! “Yes, Ms. Swan?” Can you fetch Alice, her date and Crystal? Yes, Ms. Swan. Oh and can you also bring us dessert and some coffee? “Right away, Ms. Swan.” Well, follow me everyone. Logan stalks behind her while Jacque glides across the glass floor without a sound. Logan frowns in disappointment. He hoped to spend the night finally alone with Swan but her intentions were quite different. Jacque, where have you been this whole time?

“Well, I traveled around England. I went from Birmingham to London, then from there I traveled to York and then down to Bristol and Cardiff. It was a very relaxing trip. I got to accompany a nice gentle lady upon a sleeper train. I’ve met many aristocrats and scientists too. I only talked briefly about what you’ve done here.”

Jacque! Swan halts the group to a sudden stop. She screams out furiously, you know that if you discuss my business outside we can be in big trouble! People don’t believe that what we do here is ethical or humane for that matter. “I know the precautions of this business Swan. I was the one who got you all these equipment.” He jesters to the air. “I’m the one who made this possible.”

“ I know…” Swan says as her face turns into a sulk. But Jacque you know how I get when I feel like my responsibilities are being threatened or taken away from me. I don’t want to feel like I’m in danger. “Swan, if ANYONE dares threaten your inquiries or bugs into your business, I hope you know that I would take care of it.”
 “No matter what Swan, I’m here to help and protect you. I hope so you’ve never really let me down before. She mumbles quietly. And I don’t intend to start! Now. Now. Let’s bring this tone to a lighter shade. How are the new tenants anyway?” “Just fine”, Logan cuts in.” They are still mostly fresh from the exertions. Right, Swan?”

“Umm.. Yea.” The main chamber is a grand room. Designed by Javier Antoine. Swan’s personal interior design specialist. The room is decorated in the old gothic style, most suitable to Swan’s taste. In the center of the main wall opens to a grand fireplace along with lounge sofas in the shade of a deep russet red and other shades of deep burgundy. A jade coffee table sits between the lounge chairs and sofas. On the right there is a glass grand piano and on the left a home collection of CDs, books and players fill the wall in an intricately designed red wood bookshelf.” -Knock- -Knock-“ Stephen walks into the room with a large silver tray. Sitting delicately atop the tray are 5 handmade ceramic tea cups along with an intricately designed leaf pattern on the side of a large black and white teapot.

Stephen! Yes ma’am? What kind of tea is this? Stephen clears his throat politely and slowly says.

“Tonight you will be having Earl Grey Tea imported from India this morning.” A second knock comes through the main chamber, echoing on the walls. Lily, Stephen’s daughter grazes into the room. “Dad.” Stephen turns around at the call, as if name was spoken a little too loudly.
”Umm…. You forgot the crumpets and pastries.” She steps forward with a tower of home-made pastries and snacks of all different colors. “Oh yes that I did. Thank you, Lily.”

“Yes, dad.” She slowly moves to his side. She bows her chin at the sight of Swan. “Good evening Ms. Bennett” she calls out shyly. Swan smiles and motions of Lily to join her .
Wow, Lily how you’ve grown. Swan looks her in amazement admiring her growing womanly figure. You are grown up so gracefully. I envy you though. “Why?” Lily shoots her a shocked look, a bit stumped at Swan’s words. Well you are growing into a beautiful and uplifted young lady. If I had your looks when I was your age I would have never started all these operations and business.

“ But Swan… Oh I’m sorry Ms. Bennett you are doing a wondrous deed for everyone. You are doing so much for everyone.” Yes well, I’m never too satisfied I always feel like I’m trying to escape life and death. “But you are an amazing caretaker and giver Ms. Bennett” Lilly adds on. Swan’s fine, you don’t have to be so formal I am your friend after all. “Yes well thank you Swan for everything.” Lily looks down at her hands and blushes. She continues to praise Swan, “you are an admirable person. You have given my family a home. You have made a new life for my father and mother. You saved my mother and me. If it wasn’t for you I would have never been able to live such a great life, let alone be alive.”

“ Lily!” Stephen calls out from behind her. “That is enough.” Swan stops him with a finger and chuckles. It’s fine Stephen, let the girl speak her mind. She doesn’t ever speak ill of me. Stephen steps in, “well there is nothing to speak ill of. You are truly worth praising. Now Lily he turns hesitantly towards his daughter let’s go.”

“ Yes father”, she says quietly and bows her head in front of Swan. Lily, Swan lifts up her chin. When you are ready you come see me. I will do anything you want for your procedure. “Thank you so much Ms. Swan!” Lily eagerly grabs Swan’s hands in hers and waves up and down. Your welcome my dear, you are part of my family. Stephan stomps to Lily’s side, grabs her by the arm gently and stalks out.
Jacque stands and walks over to Swan’s left side and makes himself cozy in the vacant seat. “So dear, what is it that you’ve been doing while I was away?” I haven’t been doing much at all. Just some research on new procedures and new equipment that I would be able to use. “Always about work aren’t you my little, Swan.” He strokes a delicate hand into hers, he stares deeply into her eyes. “Now Swan.

There was a peculiar event I had foreseen. While I was in Cardiff, I stumbled upon a small antique shop. I thought I might as well go in and see if there’s any old style supplies. As I was looking around, a peculiar object caught my interest so I called the shop owner over to ask for the price. But the most peculiar thing was that when the owner walked up to me she looked exactly like Ivy. Now I don’t know about you but I find that a bit strange. Last I heard, she was looking for you and she got killed off by you because she didn’t age properly.”

Swan stares at Jacque dazed, What do you mean she’s “looking” for me? Why would she go and do that? She knows that I never liked her. “I don’t think so dear. She asked me for my card and when I handed it to her she recognized my name right away. She started asking me questions about you and if I had seen you recently. She even slipped a note in my pocket as I left the shop. Actually I think I have it in my coat. “Oh Ayden, darling.”

“Yes, dear?” Ayden a shy, composed man walks in through the door. He stalks the floor clashing the tiles every time his foot hits the floor. Ayden was a quiet, well-built, tall man with the still of a steam-punk gentleman.

Ayden walks over to Jacque and hands him the coat. “Here you go.” Jacque grabs his coat gently out of Ayden’s hands and pulls out a small, rolled up note with Swan’s name on it. “Here read this.” Swan looks down at the note in Jacque hands. She hesitates and takes it from Jacque. She looks down at the note for a moment before opening it. The letter:

Dear Swan,
I know that we’ve had our differences in the past. I know you hate me for leading on Morgan. But that is not my intention. I do not love Morgan. The one I love is you. I know that sounds insane. I know you may not have these feelings for me. Nevertheless, I would love to see you again. Actually I need to see you again. I feel like I am in trouble. I know you may not want to hear from me or ever see me again since the last time we’ve talked but I really need to see you. There’s an address on the back of this letter. If you can please come by yourself, I will wait for you as long as I can. So please come soon. I’m begging you.
Love, Autumn

Swan takes the letter and throws it into the fireplace. She pulls Jacque aside and whispers madly. “Who the hell does she think she is? Asking me to come as if we were such great friends? Doesn’t she know I hate her? And then she has the nerve to confess her love to me? Is she insane? Like what the fuck is in her head?” Jacque cuts in, trying to use his words to consul Swan. “Dear you know the last time you’ve talked to her, it didn’t really end well for either of you. You wanted to exile her and just cut her up again. No one would go near you for days because everyone was terrified. No one knew how to even calm you down.” The atmosphere changes as Swan gets up in mid-sentence and shoots a sarcastic look at Jacque.

I don’t care if anyone knew how to calm me down. I don’t expect them to. She played Morgan as a puppet for so many years. How does anyone expect me to be OKAY with her? Especially when they knew that I was in LOVE with Morgan for almost the whole period of my past life. Even now! She storms out of the room as if in a trance. Logan breaks his conversation with Ayden and Crystal and stammers after Swan.